Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Career Opportunities In The Real Estate Industry - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Opportunities In The Real Estate Industry (799 Views)

5 Things You Need To Survive In The Real World As A Nigerian Graduate / The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Opportunities In The Real Estate Industry by 9jabet: 4:39am On Jul 30, 2012
The real estate business helps fulfil one of our most basic needs: shelter. For many people, this shelter is a house. But real estate is more than just shelter and house; it also includes apartment, condominiums, cooperatives, farms and retail stores, office building, shipping centres, warehouses, industrial plants, medical centres, and many other types of property.
Real estate offers a variety of career opportunities. Some career options are:
Real estate brokers manage their own real estate sales offices and hire agents as independent sales workers. In addition to selling real estate, brokers also rent and manage properties and make market appraisals.
Real estate developers are people who purchase large tracts of land and build several structures. In some cases, they turn rundown commercial areas into bustling centres of commerce.
Property and real estate managers must be concerned with problems of exterior repairs and maintenance, interior repairs and maintenance, heating, plumbing, decorating, employee direction and control, and equipment purchases and maintenance. Although, the owner of the property will be consulted in important decisions, the day-to-day management of the property is the responsibility of the real estate manager.
Leasing and real estate agents rent out spaces in all types of buildings, such as office buildings, apartments, and warehouses. They represent the property owners who would like to rent their space. In many instances, the real estate manager of a property will also serve as the property’s leasing agent.
Appraisers set a dollar market value on a piece of property. They may be hired by people wishing to sell their property, by finance companies lending money to purchase a property, or by estate agents wishing t sell the property of a deceased person. Appraisers also work for local governments, helping to determine tax rates.
Title searchers and examiners conduct searches of public records to determine the legal chain of ownership for a piece of real estate. The information they gather helps buyers of real estate and lending institutions feel secure that they have legal chain to the property.
The three main activities of real estate agents are to obtain properties for sale, to develop lists of people interested in buying real estates, and to sell the specific properties they and their firms have to offer. In many cases, a real estate agent from another firm locates the buyer for the property. Most real estate agents are independent sales people who contract their services to a licensed broker on a commission basis

1 Like

Re: Career Opportunities In The Real Estate Industry by jidowu(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
nice write up sir..am also a student of estate management @ FUTA. i want 2 ask of my chances in the labour market when i get graduated,my reason is because of my present cgpa, am in a 2nd class lower division and in 3l 2nd semester though i stil v 3 more semester left coz its a 5yr course in ma schol..i wnt 2 ask if d my result would matter in d field or my technical know-how..thank u n wud be expecting ur reply

(1) (Reply)

Nimc Applicant Going To Ilorin For CBT Exam Lets Meet Hear / How To Become Super Smart / KPMG Aptitude Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.