Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence (7638 Views)

‘Prayer Man’ Tries To Revive Abubakar Audu, Confusion In Kogi / Confusion In Kogi Over ‘Resurrection’ Of Audu Abubakar - Naij.com / Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by F00028: 5:50am On Jul 30, 2012
The case against social media is building.

There was tension and uncertainty in the city of Kaduna today over rumours passed off as reports of fresh violence breaking out in an area largely populated by christians. The neighborhood of Sabon Tasha is close to the Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Company (KRPC).

Several people were running for safety in the course of the confusion afraid that a major outbreak of violence could consume them. There was no reasoning behind the pandemonium except a rumor circulated via text messages and social media outlets that there was an attack in the area.

A police source told SaharaReporters that the timely arrival of armed security operatives doused the tension in the area. The police source also stated that social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter and Blackberry messengers were responsible for accelerating the rumor that caused panic today in the volatile city.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/confusion-kaduna-over-rumours-violence
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by Euroclydon(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2012
WELCOME TO NAIJA...The home of Rumor dwellers!
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 30, 2012
The blood thirsty vampire will not rest till they wreak havoc on our society... The use of BB and text messages to spread falsehood and panic in Naija has reached an alarming rate! The kind of broadcast one gets these days is annoying!
People should try to cure their boredom with better things to do like breaking Equis and stop sending fake broadcasts! angry
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by Murphy7h4: 9:10am On Jul 30, 2012
bump
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by tommykiwi(m): 9:13am On Jul 30, 2012
Kaduna is as peaceful as never today...people should stop carrying false rumours..am in Kaduna presently notin of such...everyone is going about their normal duties...
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by miteolu(m): 9:15am On Jul 30, 2012
RUMOUR OR NOT SAFETY IS IMPORTANT
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by oiseworld: 9:18am On Jul 30, 2012
BE SWIFT TO HEAR AND SLOW TO SPEAK, thats what the bible says.
In the dreaded north;No information is a waste, All truth and rumours come handy, as long as no life is lost. Cos thats the most important thing.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by DammyFx: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2012
When will all this violence stop..
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by mila1121(m): 9:27am On Jul 30, 2012
To forewarned is to forearmed
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by pyyxxaro: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2012
To your TENTS O'ISRAEL........... wink
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by alaoeri: 9:37am On Jul 30, 2012
The fear of Boko haram ....
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by omosexy1: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2012
I certainly do express concern with the rate at which rumours, false stories and abuses are been transmitted over social websites. At such rate, the Government may establish an agency to checkmate against the use of social media websites and the freedom to express oneself will be cut short just like China.

PS: @ Seun, I saw a post yesterday calling for the kidnap of the first lady. I think this is going too far, we have to respect authority just like we respect our parents even when our parents act wrongly. Thank God the post was deleted. We cannot continue to insult the person of Mr. President and his family because we do not like his actions or inactions or even his policies.

Seun, I believe you run a business here, please just as much as we love the service you provide do not allow immature people to twist the arm of the Government. Post insulting the President and his family should be deleted. People should learn how to criticize a government without hauling insults on their person.

3 Likes

Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by nomshu(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2012
This vampires have started again wooh. Kaduna is cool and calm and they want to cause confusion again! KD is a no go area no try am again okay. God pass unah power.
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by DeGrace01(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2012
People should stop this rumor, is really pathetic we hv a situation at hand already. All hands should be on desk to bring this to an end. God help Nigeria.
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by megxo(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2012
YESTERDAY WEY MAN JST DE FLEX, NA HIM SOM IDIOTS JST DE RUN.............LAF WAN TROWAY MA BEER.........ERRY BODI WAS JST ALERT
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by fumisko(f): 9:51am On Jul 30, 2012
Yea is true ooo. Even yesterday on my way to church evrywhere was so quiet, searchings were more thorough. Numerous shops in BARNAWA market did not open. Infact the Hausas or Muslim settlement in BARNAWA market were all standing outside their houses in a long file, waiting to hear the have started in all those Tudun wana side and then commence their massacre. It's so unfortunate we Christians continue to run but when it's not as if we have much of our kids as irresponsible or roaming the streets without even knowing their parents, who then will fight for us. Una we dey talk u fit allow your son go out figh? So thats the problem undecidedI
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by ochukoccna: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2012
F00028: The case against social media is building.
No case is building
All any responsible govt should do is pass laws against those who abuse S media
Graded fines depending on the severity or doing time for PROVEN security threats.

@ omosexy,let SSS investigate the threat against Ebele's wife& prosecute accordingly
Nigerians will always speak out&cannot be gagged
Except we want to emulate China&Ethopia
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by spartanian(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2012
not my kd again
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by ochukoccna: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2012
@ post,the moral of this story is be alert to all information but verify before you act
Acting on unverified news is lunacy at best
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by wine4dguy: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2012
Wats happenin
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by inspirizu(m): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2012
I stay in sabo tasha, there was nurting like that today! Na lie, before seven i don comot 4there go work 4town so as to beat the traffic
So i say stop rumour spreading Abeg
Ejo tori olorun
Biko
Dan allah
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2012
This guys are working hard to shut down social media
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by mikron(m): 10:40am On Jul 30, 2012
fumisko: Yea is true ooo. Even yesterday on my way to church evrywhere was so quiet, searchings were more thorough. Numerous shops in BARNAWA market did not open. Infact the Hausas or Muslim settlement in BARNAWA market were all standing outside their houses in a long file, waiting to hear the have started in all those Tudun wana side and then commence their massacre. It's so unfortunate we Christians continue to run but when it's not as if we have much of our kids as irresponsible or roaming the streets without even knowing their parents, who then will fight for us. Una we dey talk u fit allow your son go out figh? So thats the problem undecidedI
abeg next time try type wetin person fit read. U struggle with the english language.
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by onome25(m): 10:41am On Jul 30, 2012
F00028: The case against social media is building.

NONESENSE & GOD PUNISH SAHARA REPORTERS.KADUNA WEN BOYZ DEY;OYA NAH BRING THE FIGHT ON,,,nonesense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by mikron(m): 10:44am On Jul 30, 2012
right now im on my way to zaria from abuja and definitely i ll pass through kaduna. Papa God pls let all these just be rumours o! I dont want to get caught in any crossfire.
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by Series22(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2012
josh4ever: The blood thirsty vampire will not rest till they wreak havoc on our society... The use of BB and text messages to spread falsehood and panic in Naija has reached an alarming rate! The kind of broadcast one gets these days is annoying!
People should try to cure their boredom with better things to do like breaking Equis and stop sending fake broadcasts! angry
Mr man sharrup! Can u smoke cigarette witout fire? Bh wan strike but dia plan was foiled. If i may ask, pple stil d live 4 kaduna?
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by omosexy1: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2012
Series22: Mr man sharrup! Can u smoke cigarette witout fire? Bh wan strike but dia plan was foiled. If i may ask, pple stil d live 4 kaduna?

Chief there is no need to insult. Make your comment and move on. Please be matured.

1 Like

Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by hakanai(m): 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
fumisko: Yea is true ooo. Even yesterday on my way to church evrywhere was so quiet, searchings were more thorough. Numerous shops in BARNAWA market did not open. Infact the Hausas or Muslim settlement in BARNAWA market were all standing outside their houses in a long file, waiting to hear the have started in all those Tudun wana side and then commence their massacre. It's so unfortunate we Christians continue to run but when it's not as if we have much of our kids as irresponsible or roaming the streets without even knowing their parents, who then will fight for us. Una we dey talk u fit allow your son go out figh? So thats the problem undecidedI

^^^^So which irresponsible children amongst una go dey kill people along Abuja road(Gonin gora) and even Barnawa? angry angry angry
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by hakanai(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
inspirizu: I stay in sabo tasha, there was nurting like that today! Na lie, before seven i don comot 4there go work 4town so as to beat the traffic
So i say stop rumour spreading Abeg
Ejo tori olorun
Biko
Dan Allah
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by ypzilanti: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
A ban on social media will affect genuine businesses that make money via new technology. Our government can go ahead and try to stifle public opinion, but it is costly financially and economically. Also, if you remove an avenue for people to vent from behind their computers, you just might eventually see them venting on the streets. Abusing these bllodsuckers that have ruined the country on social media is therapeutic.
Re: Confusion In Kaduna Over Rumours Of Violence by ballabriggs: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
When our people died at Oke-Afa in 2002, it was caused by panic due to a lack of information. It was not caused by the social media as there was very little presence then. In fact, if the social media had the presence it has now then, I doubt many would have died. Instead of barking about how much harm the social media has done, why not make NTA more responsible to disseminate information to the Nigerian people. This is the primary responsibility of the NTA and not to spread propaganda for rogue politicians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Donates N75M For The Eradication Of Polio / Tonyebarcanista Tongue-lashed For Calling Dr Joe Abbah A Liar.. Pictures / Spot The Difference Between This Nigerian Military Officer And American Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.