Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job (719 Views)

Top 5 Government Agencies To Work For / Websites Of Recruitment Agencies In Nigeria / Career Websites Of Recruiting Agencies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job by guzair(m): 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2007
Last two weeks, i came across an advert in the newspaper of a job opening by a recruiting agency so i applied to their website and almost immediately i got a reply, that i should show up for an interview at their office at  Ojuelegba. When i got there i paid 100 naira and was given a question paper to answer. Thereafter, i was told to await their reply if i passed. The reply came in form of a text message, saying i should report to their office with about 2k naira for my recommendation letter.
This i did and was given an address in ikeja to go and get my appointment. On getting there i realised that the company looks isolated (a good image for company that just folded up) but was told to come back January 29th, 2008 for another test. Now i wonder, have i been duped ? Or is that the recriutment firm is incompetent ?
By calculating the number that turn up for the interview (about 200), i know the recrutment firm has made a lot of money. I pray they are not 419 sha. Am not putting their company name here cause am still hoping they are for real, but if am wrong then they will hear more from me
Re: Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job by Carlosein(m): 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2007
there are some authentic recruiting agencies out there and they are reliable as well.
but like in all spheres of life, anything that is genuine must have a fake counterpart.

whether this is one, time will tell. just don't cross your arms and expectantly wait for this people, continue your search using other means as well as such agencies.

all the best in your search.
Re: Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job by jossyman: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2007
My dear,its wise to do so cos am currently working in a recruiting firm and i bet i've helped out friends that got jobs from my company and are earning more than i do.We recruits for company's such as NLNG,OANDO,STAOIL, and some top companys.But i dont subcribe to you paying for any service.
Re: Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job by jaybee3(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ jossyman
can u be of any help to me?

willing to relocate back to naij. engineering background with over 4 years of systems analysis since graduating.
Re: Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job by aristole(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2007
My Dear. I can put it on bet with you that your payment should be seen as a sacrifice.If they are not fake;why would they collect your money before the job.Aren't they suppossed to have been paid by the firm they are recruiting for?Well my final judgement:They are one of those hungry agencies.
Re: Is It Wise Applying To Recruiting Agencies For Job by akeju: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2007
their name must be estherbt,they are very notorious for duping job seekers,next time,go with EFCC OR ICPC.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Agricultural Jobs Or Any Other Job / Can Anyone Assist With Entering The Oil And Gas Employment Market? / 25 Banks Aptitude Test Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.