Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Movie Script For Shooting Or Outright Sale...by BBC Scriptwriter (0806 842 9492) - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Movie Script For Shooting Or Outright Sale...by BBC Scriptwriter (0806 842 9492) (891 Views)

Marathon Madness: A Block-buster Movie Script For Sale / Movie Script For Shooting Or Outright Sale...by Bbc Scriptwriter (0806 842 9492) / Movie Script For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Movie Script For Shooting Or Outright Sale...by BBC Scriptwriter (0806 842 9492) by 9japple(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
[b]HI all, my movie script AWAITING TRIAL is ready, i want a sponsor to provide the funds for the shooting or i simply want to sell the rights to the script.
i'm a BBC African Performance 2009 Playwright. my links and contacts are below. But before all that is an excerpt from the proposal file which gives you an idea of the project:

A PROPOSAL FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR THE SHOOTING/PRODUCTION OF "AWAITING TRIAL" by Robinson Amazino
INTRODUCTION: A few years ago, Amnesty International produced a report that rubbished Nigeria’s justice system especially in the area of prison inmate management. After some eye-opening visits to some major Nigerian prisons (names withheld), they told the entire nose-rumpling world of the overcrowding, violence, maltreatments, substandard living conditions, drug abuse/trafficking and other human rights violations that was rampant in Nigerian prisons. Painfully, five years after that report was published, the situation remains the same. Prisoners still await trial for almost interminable periods, often for longer than the jail term an unfavourable verdict would have resulted in. As a result we see the dreams and hopes (actually we do not see the dreams) of talented, potential youths and middle-aged persons which form a sizable portion of our labour force dashed. All because the “watery soup of justice” was served late.
Several agencies and NGOs have cried out in one form or the other since that report but the Nigerian government and those in charge of our justice-meting apparatus have refused to take off their ear plugs due to the noise coming from seemingly more pressing national issues of security, electioneering and financial crises in the banking and petroleum sectors. And so the millions of innocent-until-proven-guilty suspects continue to face the music for crimes they are supposedly innocent of. It is time for Nollywood to act both literally and figuratively to bring the situation into the glare of the government and the Nigerian citizenry, after all, if they have plugged their ears, would they risk running the justice system with shut eyes? Only time and a movie depicting the pros and cons of the matter can answer that fundamental question. That movie is AWAITING TRIAL.

Profile of AWAITING TRIAL
Movie title: AWAITING TRIAL
Genre: Contemporary fiction/drama
Story/script: Robinson Amazino (2009 BBC African Performance 3rd prize winner for Naija Bride). The script of AWAITING TRIAL is available for appraisal within two weeks of request.
Year written: 2011 (originally a radio-drama adapted for BBC African Performance)
Director:
Cast: Up to 10 main actors/actresses
Synopsis: Godfrey Kanem has been awaiting trial in a prison for ten years for alleged possession of banned substances. He could not further his education or become a music star as he had dreamed of becoming when he was a brilliant, talented, song-writing teenager. His brother Ifiok returns from Scotland where he has been a human rights lawyer and decides to teach the government of his people an object lesson on the speedy trial, acquittal and sentencing of crime suspects by swapping places with Godfrey. Ifiok Kanem experiences firsthand the extreme jail conditions that his countrymen are made to live in, all in the name of justice. But how far are the brothers prepared to go with their practical joke?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specialreports/african_performance_2009.shtml
if you are serious to work with me here's my contact: waywitwurdz@yahoo.com, +234806-842-9492, robinsonian@engineering.com[/b][b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need Two Good Writers / Writers Urgently Needed!!- positions filled / Complete Ready-to-shoot Screenplay For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.