Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! (1409 Views)

PIX. See What Thieves Did To My Laptop / Phone Shop. / Avo Inc Haz Scam Me, Do Not Open Any Acct Wit Dem Again Beware!!!! / Cashcraft - Thieves Or A Broker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by babaife(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS.
Complement of the season. We hereby inform you Interswitch Nigeria made a new plan for all ATM Card Holders for maximum security. Therefore, Due to complaints that we are recieving from some of our customers about their ATM cards i.e,
1. Withdrawing of money without the Card Holders authorization,
2. ATM Card theft.
3. Lost Card.
4. ATM Mobile Theft.
It is our pleasure introducing to you our new security plan "MAXI- SECURE", It is a security plan designed to permit ATM machines to process transactions and withdrawals only To cards that are registered in this plan, Therefore any card that is not registered in this plan will be denied of any transaction or payment proccession. This will be effective as from twenty first(21st) January 2008, after registration of all already issued ATM card.
Please Note:
As from 21st Jan. 2008, only registered ATM card Holders can withdraw money from any of the atm machines in the banks nationwide. This information is only for already given atm card customers but if you have just applied for one, Do not register when given as that have been done for any ATM Card issued as from 22nd of November 2007.To enable you register your atm card(cash card, debit card, etc) to this security package, Register Plan. An sms will be sent to the phone number provided for confirmation.
Check out newspapers or watch NTA nationwide network news(9.00pm) for more

i got the above information from "customercare @interswitchng.com" <securityinterswitch@live.com> . i clicked on the regsiter plan as requested then i paused for a while. the information they requested were the secret details of your ATM that could create an unhindered access to anyone to steal your money at will. How could interswitch be asking me of my names, card number, pin code, expiration number among others. on another look, the email address was live.com.does that mean interswitch does not have its own website? please my guys beware of these people.

[s]Ironically, the people that sent these scam mails are some useless nairaland members. i have reported some of them to EFCC for possible action.
Compliments.[/s]
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by Seun(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2007
Ironically, the people that sent these scam mails are some useless nairaland members.
1) How do you know they are Nairaland members?
2) And how does that matter since the mail wasn't sent through Nairaland?

Just because someone registered on Nairaland doesn't mean I have anything to do with that person.
I don't see you mentioning the fact that they are"Yahoo.com members" or "MTN users".
I am tired of this wrong habit of associating Nairaland with scams for flimsy reasons. angry angry
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by MyPeace(f): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2007
seun "Word" tongue
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by mellow(m): 11:37am On Dec 14, 2007
Is all just about their low level of imaginatin. Nairalanders indeed.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by nawa1(m): 11:41am On Dec 14, 2007
Ironically, the people that sent these scam mails are some useless nairaland members

not really, most of the scammers are INTERNET EXPLORER and MOZILLA FIREFOX users, and not NAIRALAND MEMBERS.
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by abhosts(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
Seun,
You don’t need to get emotional about this. As someone who has been offering Internet related services for the past 7 years, I can authoritatively say that a great proportion of Nigerian Internet users are naïve about a lot of online stuff.

Unfortunately, no matter what efforts you exert towards sanity here, your forum might continue to be associated with scams. Some are even so ignorant that they do not know that the ads that run on Nairaland don’t belong to you. So let’s say an ignoramus clicks on an ad that claims to be a job recruitment agency. If this agency turn out to be fake at the end of the day, after extracting money from him in the guise of processing fees, guess who would be labeled the scammer at the end of it. Your prohibition of certain topics is a step in the right direction, but it is not a panacea to the image issues you are trying to curb.

To be sincere, the name “Nairaland”  on first impression, strikes the average Nigerian as money making scheme itself. It is only enlightened minds who have been here long enough that know that this forum is not one that promotes frivolities.

My advice to you is this; don’t fret when people say stuff like this as long as your actions and intentions are noble.
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by VIPICO(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ abhosts

Well said.
Seun, keep trying your utmost best to do the best you can and dont grow premature grey hairs over some unrepentant and myopic fellas.
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by babaife(m): 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2007
@ Seun,
You do not need to be HIGHLY EMOTIONAL about nairaland members being associated with scams like this. i have been a nairaland member for sometime now. i even got my first professional contract from nairaland. you can verify from my recent posts. therefore i will be the last person to cast aspersion on the integrity of your laudable and enviable work- creating a web based forum (nairaland).

However, as a fraud investigator, i have all material fact to state without any fear of contradiction that the person that sent the mail is either a user or registered member of nairaland. This is not too say that genuine business people with immesurable level of integrity are lacking here on Nairaland.

Seun, you are doing a very good job, keep it up and improve on it.

compliment.
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by cuteNhot(f): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2007
why is it i have this feeling that the above post is nothing but
CYNICISM!!
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by EZHack(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2007
I see no reason why Nairaland should be mentioned in the first place.

And the Admin has the right to defend the member and the name of his forum. If the introductory poster has followed the necessary protocol this wouldn't have arised.

By mentioning Nairaland in his statement, he/she is creating an image which may lead to misconception by the guests and the members respectively.

Before the poster mentioned Nairaland, he/she supposed to present a full proof to the Administrator. And if the Admin approves, then he/she can go ahead.
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by danalyst(m): 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2007
@ posters,

I perceived that something is wrong here. reviewing some of babaife's post as he boasted, suggested he is not ONE that could play pranks (stand to be corrected). however, i think the administrator should demand proof from him, else he modifies his post.

Having said that, i feel we are leaving the substance of the post unattended to. this is an alarm to intimate NAIRALANDERS that ATM thieves are abound. the simple truth is that, YOU BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR ATM CARDS AND DONT DISCLOSE YOUR SECRET INFO TO ANYONE UNDER WHATEVER GUISE. c'est fini (FINISHED)
Re: ATM Thieves Are Here Again: Beware! by danalyst(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2007
@ posters,

i think there is similarity in this post and that of spaceworld (see thread: Interswitch Fraud E-mail Please Be Aware And Spread The News).

but am skeptical about interswitch requesting for ATM card registration EVEN ONLINE. i think something is wrong with that. Rather our various banks should inform us of what to do AND NO ONE ELSE.

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Bitter Kola Export / Pres. Jonathan Orders Reduction In Cement Prices / Online Mini Importation Business Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.