Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? (11921 Views)

Continuous Change In NYSC Time-Table: Nigerians React On Twitter / Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? / What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
Am presently on a spray hair(golden colour) and my tattoos are visible(neck and hand) and a friend of mine is on dreadlocks

Do they allow such hairs in camp? Pls I need a good answer.

1 Like

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2012
Haba.. 16 views no reply, na waa o, all of una wey dey claim u done serve finish, where una dey?
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by DisGuy: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
wetin them wan remove your tattoo?
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
Dis Guy: wetin them wan remove your tattoo?

I'm more concerned about my spray hair not the tattoo, is it allowed?
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by Trinity101(m): 11:42am On Aug 03, 2012
fubbyy:

I'm more concerned about my spray hair not the tattoo, is it allowed?
Why not are you in sort of a seminary secondary school? You're a full graduate jor...
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
Trinity101:
Why not are you in sort of a seminary secondary school? You're a full graduate jor...

Thanks a lot, now I have calmed my nerves, though I still need other people's opinion because I heard all camps are not the same
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by Trinity101(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2012
fubbyy:

Thanks a lot, now I have calmed my nerves, though I still need other people's opinion because I heard all camps are not the same
okay
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by suavebabe(f): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2012
Calm down, Nysc officials are not interested in your hair do, atleast female corpers fix different colours of weaves. Although na gidi camp o.
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
suavebabe: Calm down, Nysc officials are not interested in your hair do, atleast female corpers fix different colours of weaves. Although na gidi camp o.

Thanks, what about my ppa? Do they reject people ?
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by shedraq1: 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
if you had a good upbringing, you would have known that sprayed hair and tatoos are for riff raffs, you are a confused product of excessive freedom in the university

8 Likes

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by suavebabe(f): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2012
fubbyy:

Thanks, what about my ppa? Do they reject people ?
@ op, u are a guy right? No employer will want an employee with sprayed hair or tattoo or shld I say no principal will want a teacher wiv sprayed hair cos na schl u might land, what message will u be passing along to ur students? So do what is right wash off the spray before going to your ppa to avoid un necessary embarrassment

3 Likes

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 10:01am On Aug 09, 2012
shedraq1: if you had a good upbringing, you would have known that sprayed hair and tatoos are for riff raffs, you are a confused product of excessive freedom in the university

You r just unexposed that's why you still see tattoo as a big thing, mumu

3 Likes

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by shedraq1: 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
fubbyy:

You r just unexposed that's why you still see tattoo as a big thing, mumu

let me see who will employ you, even michael Jackson with all his wealth and success was not this confused like you are...no identity

3 Likes

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
shedraq1:

let me see who will employ you, even michael Jackson with all his wealth and success was not this confused like you are...no identity

Thinking that every graduate should be an employee is what makes you a bigger mumu, you are one of the reasons illiteracy is taking over, you never heard of self employment, mumu, internet is now accessible to every stewpid akara seller regardless of their brain capability, stewpid boy, others are stepping up and you are embracing oldskul, see your name ,mugu

4 Likes

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
shedraq1:

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by Man51ut(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
as suavebabe said, being that this is naija no one will be too keen to employ you for PPA especially if as is likely, you get sent to a school. at the school i'm at, when i reported for duty, they were going on about sagging like it was the cause of all the ills of our nation. you should however have no problems in camp.

only thing is that keeping a low profile is kind of better imho. say you're in gidi camp and you decide to skip drills and go and chill in mammy, everyone will know its you because of your hair. also the platoon inspectors and the soldiers can be a bit bush so will probably be judging you and giving you grief over your stuff, just dirt off your shoulder it and move on.

as for shedraq, keep on being a sheep yeah, and coming on here to tell people they have no identity. eeediot.

3 Likes

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 6:37am On Aug 13, 2012
Man_51ut: as suavebabe said, being that this is naija no one will be too keen to employ you for PPA especially if as is likely, you get sent to a school. at the school i'm at, when i reported for duty, they were going on about sagging like it was the cause of all the ills of our nation. you should however have no problems in camp.

only thing is that keeping a low profile is kind of better imho. say you're in gidi camp and you decide to skip drills and go and chill in mammy, everyone will know its you because of your hair. also the platoon inspectors and the soldiers can be a bit bush so will probably be judging you and giving you grief over your stuff, just dirt off your shoulder it and move on.

as for shedraq, keep on being a sheep yeah, and coming on here to tell people they have no identity. eeediot.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate this advice, immediately my name comes out am rushing 2 cut the hair, though it maybe difficult 4 me but its my future we are talking about so I have no option, thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by secnelly: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2012
Some peepz commenting are yet to graduate not to talk of getting a call up letter. In my camp last March, A guy I know has his dreadlocks in camp and nothing happened. It's just to stand ur ground even if u're stirred by the security agents, It's ur nature. Tatoos are no problem too cos I saw more than enough this July Batch. I went back to Camp but as an official. But one thing with Braided hair as a guy is that you can be easily noticed and detected. There'll be no time to free style or dodge orientation activities and some camp officials will make mockery of you too.For your PPA, if you're endowed upstairs, i doubt if any school'll reject you. They'll see reasons to employ you if you're humble and present ur self very well, not minding the braided hair.
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
secnelly: Some peepz commenting are yet to graduate not to talk of getting a call up letter. In my camp last March, A guy I know has his dreadlocks in camp and nothing happened. It's just to stand ur ground even if u're stirred by the security agents, It's ur nature. Tatoos are no problem too cos I saw more than enough this July Batch. I went back to Camp but as an official. But one thing with Braided hair as a guy is that you can be easily noticed and detected. There'll be no time to free style or dodge orientation activities and some camp officials will make mockery of you too.For your PPA, if you're endowed upstairs, i doubt if any school'll reject you. They'll see reasons to employ you if you're humble and present ur self very well, not minding the braided hair.

Thanks bro
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by shedraq1: 1:16am On Aug 14, 2012
fubbyy:

Thinking that every graduate should be an employee is what makes you a bigger mumu, you are one of the reasons illiteracy is taking over, you never heard of self employment, mumu, internet is now accessible to every stewpid akara seller regardless of their brain capability, stewpid boy, others are stepping up and you are embracing oldskul, see your name ,mugu

look at a confused personality like you talking of self-employment. with all the tatoo and discoloured hairstyle on you except your fellow confused friends and a few of your relations will patronise your business,because no sane person will ever do business with you .and perhaps you want to be in entertaiment industry you have already started on a wrong footing, because big names like Tuface are still very sane..no tatoo and no white hair spray...GROW UP see leviticus 19 verse 24-28

2 Likes

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by Man51ut(m): 2:55am On Aug 14, 2012
no you won't do business with him. which is fine. i'm sure he'll survive. if he's good people will do business with him. a bush person like you prolly won't have any need for his services anyway.
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2012
shedraq1:

look at a confused personality like you talking of self-employment. with all the tatoo and discoloured hairstyle on you except your fellow confused friends and a few of your relations will patronise your business,because no sane person will ever do business with you .and perhaps you want to be in entertaiment industry you have already started on a wrong footing, because big names like Tuface are still very sane..no tatoo and no white hair spray...GROW UP see leviticus 19 verse 24-28

Oboy how old are you?
you are not just making any sense wakahi, you sounds like a primary school boy
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by jaybros: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
There's proly no need for this "war" friends, everyone has his/her life to live graduate or no graduate....degree is not a definition of education..technically.....
Wearing a Tattoo is a thing of choice, the way the society sees is dependent on the "society" in question....
There are Office/Corporate executives who have dreads on, and they still sit in board meetings,
So guy(asker) just hope your ppa boss doesn't make a mountain out of this mole-hill, and ofcos...that you're rejected here, doesn't mean its gonna be so there....
Let's all appreciate d fact that our opinions are being sought for,, refrain from abusive words/comments, else just stay silent, and maybe join the list of "viewers" of the post...its not a must you comment....
#BeYourself

1 Like

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by siegfried99(m): 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
jaybros: There's proly no need for this "war" friends, everyone has his/her life to live graduate or no graduate....degree is not a definition of education..technically.....
Wearing a Tattoo is a thing of choice, the way the society sees is dependent on the "society" in question....
There are Office/Corporate executives who have dreads on, and they still sit in board meetings,
So guy(asker) just hope your ppa boss doesn't make a mountain out of this mole-hill, and ofcos...that you're rejected here, doesn't mean its gonna be so there....
Let's all appreciate d fact that our opinions are being sought for,, refrain from abusive words/comments, else just stay silent, and maybe join the list of "viewers" of the post...its not a must you comment....
#BeYourself

Bros u no try oo.. thread of 2 years ago..

Anyway, @op how did it go?
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by jaybros: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
siegfried99:

Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by jaybros: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
siegfried99:

Lol I just got interested in it wen I saw it
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by siegfried99(m): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
jaybros:

Lol I just got interested in it wen I saw it

grin grin grin
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
siegfried99:

I didn't finally go to camp, though I'll be serving this november,I've already cut my hair
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by siegfried99(m): 9:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
fubbyy: I didn't finally go to camp, though I'll be serving this november,I've already cut my hair

Wow.. that's a long time ago.. hope it wasn't bcuz of ur hair?
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by fubbyy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
siegfried99:

Wow.. that's a long time ago.. hope it wasn't bcuz of ur hair?
no it wasn't , I rejected my call up letter because something else came up, but am ready now
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by siegfried99(m): 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
fubbyy: no it wasn't , I rejected my call up letter because something else came up, but am ready now

OK good for u.. I'm heading to abuja camp September 1.. good luck.
Re: Spray Hair, Dreadlocks, Braided Hair, tattoos, Are They Allowed In Nysc Camp? by jaybros: 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
siegfried99:

OK good for u.. I'm heading to abuja camp September 1.. good luck.

Oh Yobe bros! I hail...I'm headin to KayDee....if d postponement rumor is false

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. / NYSC Member Celebrates Mum Who Sponsored Him To University Working As A Farmer / NOUN Graduates Will Soon Be Able To Participate In NYSC, Law School – VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.