Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,382 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Google Acquires Wildfire. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Google Acquires Wildfire. (1313 Views)

Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank / Oando Acquires Conocophillips For $1.5 Billion / AMCON Acquires N275b Bad Loans Of Zenon Oil, Geometric Power, Seawolf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
Google has just bought social marketing software developer Wildfire, which lets brands serve marketing and ad campaigns on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn. Wildfire has grown to 400 employees over the last four years and now serves 16,000 customers. Several sources and blogs say the sale price was around $250 million.

The acquisition will allow Google to provide advanced software and services to brands who want to run contests, sweepstakes, branded games and more on Google+. Wildfire will still operate as a marketing tool for brands on Google’s competing platforms, including Facebook, putting the search giant in a curious position where it earns money on the success of its rivals.

Google bid on buying Buddy Media but lost the deal to Salesforce. With Oracle buying other social marketing leaders Vitrue and Involver, Wildfire was the last top-tier startup in the space. Today’s deal leaves ThisMoment, another popular marketing platform, as a possible buy for old-world enterprise juggernauts like IBM or SAP.

Now it’s successfully bought one of Facebook’s biggest marketing partners. But Google hasn’t directly entered the social ad space yet. Wildfire only offers ad buying through a partnership with startup Adaptly. [Update: That's why I've just published "Wildfire Only Sells Ads Through Its Partner Adaptly, So Will Google Buy Them Too?"]

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/31/google-acquires-wildfire/
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2012
Loving this! It's to create something for a big buy!
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 01, 2012
Trust me Google is taking over everything.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
Brand_new: Trust me Google is taking over everything.
Yeah... I know. I am a hard core self made IM'er. They want to be god online. If my Naija programmers are smart, they would integrate internet marketing solution provider into their system.

There was a competition some Naija programmers went for and one the organisers said Naija programmers lack marketing skills and it is true.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2012
Lol! You`re very correct and that includes Seun grin
On a more serious note, we are too far behind when it comes to e commerce integration on websites.
The likes of Kasuwa and Sabunta are just trying to establish a market which has been conqured a decade ago in other parts of the world no thanks to our programmers.
I know th€re are a few credible ones though.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
You make me laugh with the way you describe kasuwa and co.

If you have the money, I advice you to do something similar, because 5-10 years down the line, this ones will be playing god too. It is first come first serve. Those who got in early dominate for a long time. Look at indomie,complete sport, wakanow,nairaland, just name it
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
2sexy: You make me laugh with the way you describe kasuwa and co.

If you have the money, I advice you to do something similar, because 5-10 years down the line, this ones will be playing god too. It is first come first serve. Those who got in early dominate for a long time. Look at indomie,complete sport, wakanow,nairaland, just name it
I'm working towards that and even other better things. I'm very much interested in Online/internet business.
Working on a shopping site in partnership with HOUSE OF TOP LABELS. grin Trust me it's going to be fun.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2012
Good for you. My own is to start with web design and see how thing work out, though I got alot of plans in the pipeline. School dey hold me man.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Oh yeah! Schooling shouldn`t hold you back. You can always list your priorities and plan your time properly.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Brand_new: Oh yeah! Schooling shouldn`t hold you back. You can always list your priorities and plan your time properly.
Yeah... But I am done with school stuff except project defence which is on Monday.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2012
Then nothing is holding you back from achieving you full potentials. Trust me ICT is the in thing and it doesn`t require any special talent to become a pro.
I wish i could upload the Google story. It`s all about how Larry page and his partner started what we all know as google today.
The Video inspires me so much.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
I beg, send the thing to me doyen2fine at gmail . com

My next plan is to learn how to code software... but is it difficult? I mean being a programmer, how difficult is it to learn how to code software? I would like to come up with a mobile browser that has almost the same feature like the dead bolt browser... Imagine if I had a mobile browser which everyone is using and only my own ads from google can be seen
and non else? Marketing Bad oooo.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
It's a video documentary and it's about 60 minutes long so i'd have to upload it o a filesharer like box.com
Anyways, i believe you can do it, if the Google boys can achieve that so you can. wink
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Brand_new: Provide my domain registration details or...
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 4:42am On Aug 22, 2012
Businesstools: @Brand_new: Provide my domain registration details or...
huh? Haba... Work into UBA with a driver's license or national ID or international passport with two passport fotos. While there, tell them you want apply for UBA africard and they will give you a form to fill. On the form, tick personalize and sms alert and then come back a week later with money to fund your account. Collect your card, find the 2 PINs and change the ATM PIN... Go to namecheap.com and get yourself a domain name. The africard is funded in Naira but you can pay in dollars online. Good luck.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 5:52am On Aug 22, 2012
He has registered the domain name but for reasons not known to me,has refused to provide registration details.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
Businesstools: He has registered the domain name but for reasons not known to me,has refused to provide registration details.
Shame on you. See how you`re embarrassing yourself for less than 5k.
I`m waiting for your apology o!
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2012
Brand_new:
Shame on you. See how you`re embarrassing yourself for less than 5k.
I`m waiting for your apology o!
That amount is not up to what I use in recharging my line at a go.It's just that I don't like people making promises they cannot fulfil.You can sell the domain name and keep the money as my Eid El Fitir present to you.Cheers
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Businesstools: That amount is not up to what I use in recharging my line at a go.It's just that I don't like people making promises they cannot fulfil.You can sell the domain name and keep the money as my Eid El Fitir present to you.Cheers
you`re nothing but a looser.
And that`s why you could hardly make a 2 minutes call.
Then i`m the one who eventually calls you back.
Just so you know i`ve invested mon€y on more valuable names so yours is of little use to me.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2012
Hey,guys. Stop it. Businesstool, just follow the advice I gave above and you should be fine.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2012
2sexy: Hey,guys. Stop it. Businesstool, just follow the advice I gave above and you should be fine.
Thanks.I have already done that.The address is on my signature.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2012
2sexy: Hey,guys. Stop it. Businesstool, just follow the advice I gave above and you should be fine.
Thanks.I have already done that.The address is on my signature.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by 2sexy(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2012
That's good but if you can afford to pay your hosting every month, which is $10, I will build you a website FREE. Just follow the step above and kindly let anybody know.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
@Mrbusinesstools. I`m sure you remeber vividly that it took you more than a week to make payments for you domain name after making promises and failing twice.
The i promptly purchased the domain name you suggested and desined it for you (free) using blogger.
You will also recount that you expressed appreciation for a job well done after which i sugg€sted we do a logo for you.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders, the bone of contention started when the logo was delayed only for a few days.
Businesstools was not patient enough for a one thousand five hundred naira logo design which i told him a friend will do.
Then he said he was no longer interested in the domain and my design.
He never even bothered to give me any reason....
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
He requested for his domain registration details and i asked him to send me a mail to that effect so i can forward it to him since i no longer have his email address on my phone.
Then he started making comments on my Facebook page and i had to ban him because My facebook page is not meant to discuss personal business.
I never got a mail from him...
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2012
I was off Nairaland for a while so he started making comments on all my threads calling me names thereby bringing disrepute to my business.
I guess he`s a mischievious fellow going by his antecedents and i write this just to set the records straight.
@businesstools, if you decided to abandon www.businessplanoffice.com , that is in no way my faült.
I guess you thought i`m hungry and poor for doing what i did for you but to the glory of God you are wröñg. Oñ£y time wíl£ t€ll
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
Brand_new: @Mrbusinesstools. I`m sure you remeber vividly that it took you more than a week to make payments for you domain name after making promises and failing twice.
The i promptly purchased the domain name you suggested and desined it for you (free) using blogger.
You will also recount that you expressed appreciation for a job well done after which i sugg€sted we do a logo for you.
I am on the payroll of the Federal Government of Nigeria and not struggling to earn a living. Payment was delayed not because I was broke but because I was in the creeks,which I explained to you.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
Brand_new: Fellow Nairalanders, the bone of contention started when the logo was delayed only for a few days.
Businesstools was not patient enough for a one thousand five hundred naira logo design which i told him a friend will do.
Then he said he was no longer interested in the domain and my design.
He never even bothered to give me any reason....
If you can remember vividly,I did mention in the text message I sent that I'm not a patient man.I'm a result oriented person.Consequently,I do not condone people making promises they cannot fulfil.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
Businesstools: If you can remember vividly,I did mention in the text message I sent that I'm not a patient man.I'm a result oriented person.Consequently,I do not condone people making promises they cannot fulfil.
Not my fault that you are not patient enough. I pray God blesses you with IMPATIENT result oriented clients.
Wishing all the best.
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Businesstools(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2012
Brand_new:
Not my fault that you are not patient enough. I pray God blesses you with IMPATIENT result oriented clients.
Wishing all the best.
I have written business plans for a number of clients including Nairalanders and I've never disappointed.When I tell you two days,it's two days!
Re: Google Acquires Wildfire. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2012
Businesstools: I have written business plans for a number of clients including Nairalanders and I've never disappointed.When I tell you two days,it's two days!
Abandoning your domain is your loss.
My only problem is you trying to blackmail me on here.
That is very immature and i was disappointed because i thought you were a respectable man...
I did business with Nairalanders in the past and some disappointed me but i never came on here screaming SCAM...
I recently lost more than 30k while partnering with a Nairalander on a venture....Did anyone ever see a post about me crying foul and calling him names and that is not the only one.
Yet you started calling names just because of less than 2k. What a shame!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Opportunities In Africa! / Tour Brokers International: Cheap Flights In Nigeria / How And Where To Process Your Insurance Documentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.