Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (74058 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by fredoooooo: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
let's do this the nigeria way , as our president use to say pray for nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin

prayer(nigeria) vs good preparation and talent (USA) grin grin grin grin

no matter the result team nigeria for life grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
fredoooooo: let's do this the nigeria way , as our president use to say pray for nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin

prayer(nigeria) vs good preparation and tale ;Dnt (USA) grin grin grin grin

no matter the result team nigeria for life grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerian Team will prepare so well too cos they know they are facing the lions of NBA tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by fredoooooo: 2:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Nigerian Team will prepare so well too cos they know they are facing the lions of NBA tongue

preparation start years ago , not our usual last minute preparation grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
fredoooooo:

preparation start years ago , not our usual last minute preparation grin grin grin grin grin grin

Most of the players that are on Nigerian team too are not farmers, they are basketball players for some teams and stuff . . so they might not be NBA players, but they are doing what they know how to do best.
The USA players too were not really playing together on same team till the end of the NBA season late June
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Gudiza(m): 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
40pt margin victory for Dream Team. End of Story.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by fredoooooo: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Most of the players that are on Nigerian team too are not farmers, they are basketball players for some teams and stuff . . so they might not be NBA players, but they are doing what they know how to do best.
The USA players too were not really playing together on same team till the end of the NBA season late June

ok sir grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by amuukwu1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
that would be an annihilation. More like Barcelona FC vs Enyimba FC. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Rossikk(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Best of luck to the Nigerian team. It will be a difficult game against strong opponents. Hopefully the likes of Ike Diogu, Al Farooq Aminu, Ade Dagunduro, Derek Obasohan and Tony Skinn will give the Americans a good game, and show the world that Nigeria is a promising, rising power in international basketball.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by aramstoks: 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
have you even watched any of the basketball games....we barely beat tunisia (4 pts difference isnt nothing to write home about), lithuania thrased us. We can't even score freeshots ffs. i just hope we lose honourably haha
Fhemmmy:

You will be surprised and come back to apologize to us for underestimating what we are capable of doing to them
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Silvawazza(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
TEAM ALL STARS VS TEAM BABY... cheesy
I PITY DEM....[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by linearity: 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Warrior X: Read the preview here, the guys want to win

http://nigerian-basketball..co.uk/2012/08/olympic-preview-nigeria-v-usa.html

Ike Diogu had this to say "We will not be intimidated by those guys," "A lot of us went to school in the U.S. and have played against those guys. We have no reason to feel overwhelmed."

Tony Skinn said

"I mean, listen, man, I've been playing ball for a long time," said Skinn, who was part of George Mason's improbable Final Four run in 2006. "At some point in time, I played against those guys or seen those guys play. A lot of us, obviously we're Nigerians, but we play in the States and I don't think we have that mentality to just come in the game and just, you know, get our (butts) whooped."

What do you expect them to say...that they will lose?

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by amare(m): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
Nigeria stands no chance @ all, can't imagine the outcome of the game. They should just go and have fun on the court. Again stand no chance cos all the all stars are hot right now, I mean USA.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
aramstoks: have you even watched any of the basketball games....we barely beat tunisia (4 pts difference isnt nothing to write home about), lithuania thrased us. We can't even score freeshots ffs. i just hope we lose honourably haha

A game of yesterday is not same as game of today, and what happened with Tunisia will make them to train more and make the "Dream team" to keep dreaming.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
Silvawazza: TEAM ALL STARS VS TEAM BABY... cheesy
I PITY DEM....

What if the stars refuse to come out to play . . .
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
amare: Nigeria stands no chance @ all, can't imagine the outcome of the game. They should just go and have fun on the court. Again stand no chance cos all the all stars are hot right now, I mean USA.

You will soon eat your own words and have your tail tucked between your legs . . . tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Rossikk(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
Reading through this thread just shows how unpatriotic the average Nigerian is. And we wonder why 'our leaders' act the same way in their actions. Here is your national team going up against the most difficult team they could possibly face and rather than to wish them luck and hope they give a good account of themselves, it is this garbage we're reading of how they ''stand no chance'' and will be clobbered. Even predicting their thrashing with glee. Shameless, pathetic idio.ts.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
Rossikk: Reading through this thread just shows how unpatriotic the average Nigerian is. And we wonder why 'our leaders' Here is your team going up against the most difficult team they could possibly face and rather than to wish them luck and hope they give a good account of themselves, it is this garbage we're reading of 'how they 'stanbd no chance'' and will be clobbered etc etc. Shameful, pathetic idio.ts.

There is a huge difference btw being patriotic and facing reality, but for me i just blv in my people that we will give USA beating of their generation today
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Rossikk(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
Fhemmmy:

There is a huge difference btw being patriotic and facing reality, but for me i just blv in my people that we will give USA beating of their generation today

Go to hell with that crap. 'Facing reality' means not encouraging and wishing your team the best? You obviously have no brain in that tiny head of yours.

You should visit other forums and see how people comment on their national teams, even when they're about to face stronger opposition. They don't come out gleefully predicting a whitewash, and rolling out the names of the opposition with awe and wonder. They encourage their team to play to their best and wish them luck. That's how civilized people who love their country behave.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Just pray they lose with a tiny dignity

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Rossikk:

Go to hell with that crap. 'Facing reality' means not encouraging and wishing your team the best? You obviously have no brain in that tiny head of yours.

Thank You Sir, and God Bless you . . . Glad to know we have great people like you with so much brain.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
REALITY101: Just pray they lose with a tiny dignity

I will post the pix back to you when we must have WON
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Gudiza(m): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
Bawss1: Does it mean that if we lose to the Americans that D'tigers are out? All I want is for them to come back with a medal.

I'm not exactly sure how the grouping will play out but I fink they'll play all 5 teams in their group. Tunisia, Lithuania, USA, France & Argentina (omo, d last 2 na another Mission Impossible but we can at least impress here. Don't forget we just won our first game at this olympic event ever)

As for the US, I feel your sincerity of heart. believe me I do, but it just aint happening here bro..look elsewhere. You'll rather witness a pig fly.

I expected worse but that SKin guy certainly impresses me. Guys we have a team to build on.

Fhemmmy:

Leave that alone, we will play them and defeat them . . .We will show USA team how horrible their defense could be

You're kinda right but I'm quite sure they figure why do we need to defend when we can simply outscore you. What you've got in the Dream team is a collection of ballers with all sorts of scoring titles shared among them. Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Lebron etc Besides, scoring is much more fun.

and,
just when you thought they can not defend, they remind you that they also have all-american defensive top two in persons of lebron and Kobe. Its good to dream but in the words of rapper rick ross ...a life sentence is a life sentence!

speaking of which...in other news...yet another Nigerian has been handed a death sentence in malaysia. Touche!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Gudiza:

You're kinda right but I'm quite sure they figure why do we need to defend when we can simply outscore you. What you've got in the Dream team is a collection of ballers with all sorts of scoring titles shared among them. Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Lebron etc Besides, scoring is much more fun.

and,
just when you thought they can not defend, they remind you that they also have all-american defensive top two in persons of lebron and Kobe. Its good to dream but in the words of rapper rick ross ...a life sentence is a life sentence!

I do feel you, but today na our day . .
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I will post the pix back to you when we must have WON

I am looking forward to it in 2069 my friend
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by akintun: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
There might still be hope 4 Nigeria. Tunisia winning Argentina by 14 points after first quarter
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by abfalkolly(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
U men of little faith!av u forgotten Atlanta 96 so soon!Nigeria-Brazil!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
REALITY101:

I am looking forward to it in 2069 my friend

Good, i like your thinking, at least you have hope that one day we will WIN . . .good start
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
akintun: There might still be hope 4 Nigeria. Tunisia winning Argentina by 14 points after first quarter

Agent of good news, thanks my guy
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
abfalkolly: U men of little faith!av u forgotten Atlanta 96 so soon!Nigeria-Brazil!

Remind them oh . . . cos history is about to repeat itself and even in a Tsunamiiiccccc manner
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by lepasharon(f): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
Why are you guys so negative? undecided
Look on the bright side..the American players are short cool
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
lepasharon: Why are you guys so negative? undecided
Look on the bright side..the American players are short 8)

Lol . . . and their players only ear sandwiches while ours will eat Fufu and Ogbono, what a nice energy booster, Americans are going down
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by fredoooooo: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Lol . . . and their players only ear sandwiches while ours will eat Fufu and Ogbono, what a nice energy booster, Americans are going down

i dey your side team nigeria grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA / World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / Aliko Dangote Hosts Anthony Joshua On His ₦15b Luxury Yacht

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.