Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (74152 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by smoothcrim2090: 2:39am On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by freecocoa(f): 2:39am On Aug 03, 2012
onila: shymexx is just boring on this thread undecided
Onila go watch some tv if you are that bored and in need of entertainment.tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 03, 2012
Blood_Shed:
Dunno about you, but I was one of the FEW Nigerians I knew that NEVER claimed JA or Caribbean. Even though they always used to mistake me for that. And YEAH certain Jamo got boxed for dissing my African heritage.

Although some Africans DO talk crap about AA's/Caribbeans, It's mostly them that insult Africans to begin with. Africans don't bully other blacks the same way they do to us. Lets just be real here.

Never mind!!!

You don't understand what I was talking about. I was talking about growing up in the UK with my UK 'bredrin'. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 03, 2012
Shymmex no shymexxing lmao....
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 03, 2012
freecocoa: Onila go watch some tv if you are that bored and in need of entertainment.tongue
grin grin grin

Ol'girl is just mad this ain't a picture posting thread.. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Shymmex no shymexxing lmao....

Oi, they're dissing your people - fight for your people and don't worry about me.. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 03, 2012
Lol...

Not "just my ppl" but me.

I wont stand for it.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by ektbear: 2:42am On Aug 03, 2012
@Physics: Whether she knows Wade or not personally is irrelevant. This is not a board meeting. This is not an office setting, or any sort of professional setting.

It is immediately after a sports competition. Mean, racist, inappropriate, violent things are said immediately after competitions.

This is par for the course. Hell, it wasn't even some white dude/girl making the joke...it was a Nigerian whose country and continent was arguably devastated from the slave trade as well.

The rules of ordinary decency are not the same as the rules of banter in sports...
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by freecocoa(f): 2:42am On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:
grin grin grin

Ol'girl is just mad this ain't a picture posting thread.. grin
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by BloodShed1: 2:42am On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Never mind!!!

You don't understand what I was talking about. I was talking about growing up in the UK with my UK 'bredrin'. undecided undecided undecided

Um, yeah, and so was I. I grew up in the UK too.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Thanks, brother..

Everyone needs to condemn the dumb girl...
It's just a joke!!......smh
@MsDark.....calm d f*ck down, it's a joke born outta defeat
@Royal: she is finer than your gf!
@Smoothcrim: Ur fada! Say one bullshid about Nigeria again, and u'll have urself to blame....MAD GOAT!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by smoothcrim2090: 2:43am On Aug 03, 2012
If Nigeria defeated Britain in a sporting event can you imagine them randomly saying; "at least we colonized your useless people and left you in a failed state" shocked shocked shocked shocked

It would never happen. There is a certain amount of dignity a person should always have...

The Trans-Atlantic slave trade was a very very low moment in West African history and it should NOT be brought up! When it is brought up it should only be brought up to teach lessons! Mainly lessons about the danger of division and being your brothers keeper!!! wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by smoothcrim2090: 2:43am On Aug 03, 2012
Shollypopz:
@Smoothcrim: Ur fada! Say one bullshid about Nigeria again, and u'll have urself to blame....MAD GOAT!

Bring it on ugly Bakassi dog!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 03, 2012
Go on Twitter and Search Ghana or Naija. . . . lmao

Ghana is bearing the brunt for Naija's loss. Its hilarious they had to try to rub Naija's face in the defeat. Nigerians just came out from every nook and cranny of the world and its on and popping.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 03, 2012
Tolanniiiiiiii

Is this you? lol girl grin

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:45am On Aug 03, 2012
wow violating her pics cos of an immature comment?

Anyway Love her clothes and she's pretty. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by ektbear: 2:45am On Aug 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

So my choosing to use urban slang rather than your "Queen's English" is now your latest source of ammo.?

Yes indeed my demented friend, you are "mad lame".

I have no problem with urban slang...but it just made me realize that we shouldn't really be interacting.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by freecocoa(f): 2:45am On Aug 03, 2012
Shollypopz:
Seriously?

This is highly surprising.......NOT.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 03, 2012
smoothcrim2090: If Nigeria defeated Britain in a sporting event can you imagine them randomly saying; "at least we colonized your useless people and left you in a failed state" shocked shocked shocked shocked

It would never happen. There is a certain amount of dignity a person should always have...

The Trans-Atlantic slave trade was a very very low moment in West African history and it should NOT be brought up! When it is brought up it should only be brought up to teach lessons! Mainly lessons about the danger of division and being your brothers keeper!!! wink

Lol...muchas gracias senor...wink
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 03, 2012
Blood_Shed:
Um, yeah, and so was I. I grew up in the UK too.

Fam, you know being African in the UK them times was peak... I have an uncle who was shot on Aylesbury estate just for being African by JA mans in 93..

You know mandem had to form African gangs in South London to defend themselves against Jamaicans them times..

Where in London are you from?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 03, 2012
ekt_bear:

I have no problem with urban slang...but it just made me realize that we shouldn't really be interacting.

Right because you dont know how to use logic and reason.

So be on your way.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 03, 2012
I know this "OluwaLizz" sef undecided

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 2:47am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Tolanniiiiiiii

Is this you? lol girl grin
Yesh grin And i am deactivating that twirra once, im done.
shymmex:

Fam, you know being African in the UK them times was peak... I have an uncle who was shot on Aylesbury estate just for being African by JA mans in 93..

You know mandem had to form African gangs in South London to defend themselves against Jamaicans them times..

Where in London are you from?

Dude please stop lying...this is getting pathetic now.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by mruknaijaboy(m): 2:47am On Aug 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin: .

Wtf does a stereotype have to do with actual crimes commited against humanity?

Charge that shyt to the game. Do you scratch azz? Do you stink- do you hunt lions though? And do u live in mud huts?

Am I descendant of slaves yes....

Its all ignorance but you damn sure cannot compare the two as equal...besides caribbeans and AAs are still stereotyped by Africans...but being called "jobless, thugs or baby mamas" do not compare to "sons of slaves" especially by mofos who if not enslaved on their own soil still got fckdd after fcking us over....

well i dont think being jobless thugs or baby mamas is too bad of an insult compared to talking about my homeland and saying my people smell and stink of shit and we eat poo for lunch and cant afford water and how we have kentucky fried lion and stuff, even when ill be chilling with my boys back in the day and there would be an oxfam advert they would say theres your cusan and that kinda talk, There are no AA's here in the UK but there are alot of Carribeans especially Jamaicans more than any other carribean country and the amount of insults Ive had back in the day from Jamaicans and carribean people, and now AA/Carribeans dont like it when the tables are turned

shymmex:

Bwhahahahahaha

Those were the days then when being African wasn't the thing in the UK... You had to lie to people that you were Jamaican...

But the relations between us and them JA people have improved..

real talk my g, there was a time here in the UK when africans used to be ashamed of being african and used to pretend to be Carribean because of the insults we used to get from Carribean people, nowadays africans are proud in the UK and dont take sh*t from the carribeans anymore, they cant even cuss us nomore because we got so many things to cuss them about now lol

people used to assume I was jamaican and when I always said I was Nigerian they would always be suprised and say i didnt look like im nigerian, which basically means if you dont look nigerian/african you are not ugly because you carribeans used to assume that all africans are ugly and the amount of comments i used to hear was crazy,

even when any ugly chic walks down the road even some of my boys would say "i bet shes african" and I end up getting into a big argument and almost ends up into a fight

I even had jamaican chicks that i used to speak to that Im getting to know and then they would find out im african and say sh*t like "if I knew you was african I would'nt have given you my number" and they expected me to take it like im some sort of prick

ahhh f*ck! just thinking bout this shit getting me angry lol, I think AA's should stop bitching just because the tables are turned, now they know how it feels
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 03, 2012
Shollypopz:

I would've ignored the joke if it was you that posted..

Come give papi a hug.. wink grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by ektbear: 2:48am On Aug 03, 2012
smoothcrim2090:

What about slave trading *within* Africa?

My own people fought a war against another Yoruba people (Ibadan).

They would literally invade our lands, capture people as slaves and sacrifices.

Yet today one of my dad's best friends is Ibadan..and they just talk sh1t to each other about it.

Shouldn't me and my own Ekiti people be very thin skinned and hyper-sensitive about this? grin

But we've moved on....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Dude please stop lying...this is getting pathetic now.

How am I lying? It's even on the internet - and they have some new African gangs by congolese kids in North London fighting turf wars against caribbeans..

Google is your friend - google African gangs in peckham in the 90s or peckham gangs...

Just read the story!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 03, 2012
[b]@Tolaaaani:
[/b]stop d bullshid, GOD DAMN IT!!! angry angry angry

Creating a twitter account just to diss d girl, is so freaking low!.......if u guys can't take a joke, go jump off third mainland bridge!

this is beginning to piss me off....leave d poor girl alone!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by taharqa: 2:51am On Aug 03, 2012
smoothcrim2090: If Nigeria defeated Britain in a sporting event can you imagine them randomly saying; "at least we colonized your useless people and left you in a failed state" shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is the only intelligent post u have made on this thread today...See? you are perfectly capable of doing so more if you tried

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 03, 2012
ThiefOfHearts: wow violating her pics cos of an immature comment?

Anyway Love her clothes and she's pretty. smiley

on a regular day, she'd be pretty. on a day when people dey vex for her, she's ugly lol

The girl is pretty for real and a banging body to match.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 03, 2012
mruknaijaboy:

well i dont think being jobless thugs or baby mamas is too bad of an insult compared to talking about my homeland and saying my people smell and stink of shit and we eat poo for lunch and cant afford water and how we have kentucky fried lion and stuff, even when ill be chilling with my boys back in the day and there would be an oxfam advert they would say theres your cusan and that kinda talk, There are no AA's here in the UK but there are alot of Carribeans especially Jamaicans more than any other carribean country and the amount of insults Ive had back in the day from Jamaicans and carribean people, and now AA/Carribeans dont like it when the tables are turned

real talk my g, there was a time here in the UK when africans used to be ashamed of being african and used to pretend to be Carribean because of the insults we used to get from Carribean people, nowadays africans are proud in the UK and dont take sh*t from the carribeans anymore, they cant even cuss us nomore because we got so many things to cuss them about now lol

people used to assume I was jamaican and when I always said I was Nigerian they would always be suprised and say i didnt look like im nigerian, which basically means if you dont look nigerian/african you are not ugly because you carribeans used to assume that all africans are ugly and the amount of comments i used to hear was crazy,

even when any ugly chic walks down the road even some of my boys would say "i bet shes african" and I end up getting into a big argument and almost ends up into a fight

I even had jamaican chicks that i used to speak to that Im getting to know and then they would find out im african and say sh*t like "if I knew you was african I would'nt have given you my number" and they expected me to take it like im some sort of prick

ahhh f*ck! just thinking bout this shit getting me angry lol, I think AA's should stop bitching just because the tables are turned, now they know how it feels

Lol @ shymmex....story story.

Still doesnt compare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Hosts Anthony Joshua On His ₦15b Luxury Yacht / Machester United Celebrates Corper Who Saved Female Corper At Election In Rivers / Mourinho Gives Marcos Rojo Banana During A Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.