Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

School For Personal Leadership - Weekend Sessions - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / School For Personal Leadership - Weekend Sessions (730 Views)

School For Personal Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School For Personal Leadership - Weekend Sessions by mute4real: 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
Hello,

Having considered the feedback sessions held during the main sessions of School for Personal Leadership which lasts for five weeks per session, the school is being restructured to make it:
Easy for anyone to participate without having to wait for three months before the next session.
Affordable for young people, especially students in tertiary institutions across the country and beyond.
Since Personal Leadership is an all encompassing leadership ability that is necessary for one to lead a fulfilled and significant life, I believe the earlier young people know, understand and start practicing the principles in their lives, the better it will be, not just for them alone, but also for the family, community and the nation at large. By ‘young’, I mean anyone age 30 and below.

Izedonmi Illobekeme Precious, one of the pioneer students of the school shared with me how she wept the day her mother told her younger sister that she has changed. And that change came because she participated in SPL. It was a complete make-over for her.

Maria Assuncao, a Brazilian, and retired medical doctor also shared how she wished she had participated in a school like SPL during her younger days. It would have saved her from a lot of wrong decisions she made over the years.

I passed through the tertiary institution as an Engineering student and even though I knew a little bit about Personal Leadership then, my experience at school would have been a whole lot better if I had been taught Personal Leadership the way it is taught in SPL today. Understanding and practicing the principles of Personal Leadership changes the entire dynamics of one’s life.

Apart from making the school more affordable for young people, this module of SPL will also be convenient for very busy people who only spend more time online during the weekends, saving them from the standard five weeks session that holds at the beginning of every quarter which is very intensive.

Now, since the school is going to be condensed into two weekends, Saturdays and Sundays, the entire dynamics of the school will also change. The basic changes will be as follows:

Higher workload for participants as one lecture will hold per day as against one lecture for two days as is done during the standard sessions. My lecture notes are not fun. You have to really be ready to spend some time reading and you are expected to read my lecture notes thrice before the next lecture. My regular facebook notes are like child’s play compared to my lecture notes. But they are very easy to understand.
In the standard sessions there are working sessions where case studies are done to aid participants in applying the principles while still within the school. That may not be possible in the weekend session or the case studies may be reduced.
There are no limits to questions that can be asked in the standard sessions but for these weekend sessions questions that can be asked will be limited so I can respond to as many people as possible.

Besides these changes the school is exactly the same as the standard sessions, only more affordable. The tuition fee for the coming October session will be N7,500 only for those resident in Nigeria and $50 only for those resident outside Nigeria. But for the weekend sessions the fee will be N3,750 only for those resident in Nigeria and $30 only for those resident outside Nigeria.

If you are still a student, participating in SPL will give you a head start in life compared to your peers. It is said that intelligent people learn from their own mistakes, wise people learn from the mistakes of others. I have had people in their forties and fifties participate in the main sessions and they all wish they had participated in a school like SPL when they were much younger. Now, you won’t be making that kind of wish if you participate now while still in school.

If you have graduated, but age 30 and below, probably employed or self employed, then you are still at the early stages of your career path. SPL will aid you by equipping you with the tools you need to attain your career goals in the shortest time possible whether as a self employed person building a business for yourself or as an employed person working for an organization.

However, I must warn here that SPL is not a regular school. There are no exams and no certificates will be given at the end of the school. What you learn is what you take a way. Also, people are expelled from the school when they flagrantly disregard the ethics of the school. For example, chat words are not allowed in the school: words like 4get, luv, bliv, 2moro, thx, etc. Words like these are not allowed in the school. A complete list of the school ethics will be sent to all interested participants before the school begins.

Finally, SPL is completely online. It holds right on Facebook. So, wherever you are in the world you can be a part of it. The first of these weekend sessions will hold on the 18th, 19th, 25th, and 26th of August, 2012. Registration begins on Wednesday, August 1 and ends on Friday, August 17. To enroll for this month’s session, send a text in the format WSPL*Surname*First Name*Name of Institution or Occupation (if working)*State of Residence*Country of Residence*Email Address*GSM Number to +234-803-874-9796. Payment details will be sent to you within 24hrs.

SPL is more than a school. It is an experience of a life time.

Regards,
Mute Efe
Facilitator, SPL.
www.facebook.com/mutehimself
+234-803-874-9796

(1) (Reply)

Aspiring Writers Needed / Serious Writers Needed / Academic Writers Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.