Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Quit Whining About Politrickcians & Start Acting! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Whining About Politrickcians & Start Acting! (878 Views)

Stop Whining, Rebrand Or Go Down - Apc Tells Pdp / Jonathan Should Start Acting Like A Leader – US Lawmakers / Quit Whining About The Stock Market Crash And Fix Your Economy, Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quit Whining About Politrickcians & Start Acting! by gilgee(m): 5:54am On Aug 02, 2012
Everyday countless threads are created about our unscrupulous politicians. Good effort....very good effort. But have you asked yourself what good has come out from the numerous politician-bashing threads you've created? I believe none, but increase in tribal hunting and insults. Was that your aim of creating the thread with well expressed grammatical lines? I believe no!

So, we do agree that whining doesn't do no good.

Dear Nigerians,

I am one of you and I am equally tired of our present political class and their antecedents. They have done nothing but loot our resources away.
We have wasted so much energy on gossips, gists and insults to this cause, yet nothing good has come out of it. Instead we've had views separated along religious and tribal lines, patriotism caged by religious and tribal ideologies.

We are one regardless of tribe or religion, and we must let this truth come to light in our hearts. And thus, allow it steer our unified patriotism.

We have a culture where one does what he feels or thinks right for himself and his family, regardless of who is at loss (public). Our politicians are not different. They are only playing out that culture, which has been the norm from yester years. We are the ones at loss here and we must let go of our differences, and come together as a people who've been raped, abused and denied of our privileges by these politrickcians.

It doesn't matter if you are a Muslim, Christian, Traditionalist or even an Atheist. What matters is that we are binded by one cord - Nigeria. The cord that binds us is far stronger and more relevant than those little differences we have allowed to separate us over the years.

No one outside the Nigerian borders would ask you your religion before your country of origin. "Where are you from? " is the first question that would be asked of you, and that further defines the greater importance our Nigeria-ness bears over your tribe, religion or belief.

Therefore, I pray us all to come together as one people and make things right for once. Cowardice has for years been the fuel of our problem. No one wants to die or cast the stone first. How do you intend to achieve victory over corruption, nepotism and political favoritism if you are not willing to sacrifice your immediate joy?

Brave youths in other nations have set examples of the viability of unity. They stood together as one irrespective of their different tribes or religions, and they achieved their aim.

We can do it and we must do it for a change to come.

Grow beyond the binds of religion and tribalism!

Quit hiding behind a computer!

Borrow, steal, grab or find courage!

Note: I am willing to die for Nigeria to become a better place....

Let us all define our mutual aim, put heads and minds together and achieve the aim!

Let us liberate Nigeria and the future of our descendants!

Long live Nigeria!
Long live Nigerians!
Re: Quit Whining About Politrickcians & Start Acting! by HappyPagan: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2019
No one cares less about Nigeria than Nigerians. It shows in our actions, not our words. Until 'Nigeria' means something dear to the average Nigerian, tribalism will remain the soul's anchor.
Re: Quit Whining About Politrickcians & Start Acting! by Inteltower: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
gilgee:
Everyday countless threads are created about our unscrupulous politicians. Good effort....very good effort. But have you asked yourself what good has come out from the numerous politician-bashing threads you've created? I believe none, but increase in tribal hunting and insults. Was that your aim of creating the thread with well expressed grammatical lines? I believe no!

So, we do agree that whining doesn't do no good.

Dear Nigerians,

I am one of you and I am equally tired of our present political class and their antecedents. They have done nothing but loot our resources away.
We have wasted so much energy on gossips, gists and insults to this cause, yet nothing good has come out of it. Instead we've had views separated along religious and tribal lines, patriotism caged by religious and tribal ideologies.

We are one regardless of tribe or religion, and we must let this truth come to light in our hearts. And thus, allow it steer our unified patriotism.

We have a culture where one does what he feels or thinks right for himself and his family, regardless of who is at loss (public). Our politicians are not different. They are only playing out that culture, which has been the norm from yester years. We are the ones at loss here and we must let go of our differences, and come together as a people who've been raped, abused and denied of our privileges by these politrickcians.

It doesn't matter if you are a Muslim, Christian, Traditionalist or even an Atheist. What matters is that we are binded by one cord - Nigeria. The cord that binds us is far stronger and more relevant than those little differences we have allowed to separate us over the years.

No one outside the Nigerian borders would ask you your religion before your country of origin. "Where are you from? " is the first question that would be asked of you, and that further defines the greater importance our Nigeria-ness bears over your tribe, religion or belief.

Therefore, I pray us all to come together as one people and make things right for once. Cowardice has for years been the fuel of our problem. No one wants to die or cast the stone first. How do you intend to achieve victory over corruption, nepotism and political favoritism if you are not willing to sacrifice your immediate joy?

Brave youths in other nations have set examples of the viability of unity. They stood together as one irrespective of their different tribes or religions, and they achieved their aim.

We can do it and we must do it for a change to come.

Grow beyond the binds of religion and tribalism!

Quit hiding behind a computer!

Borrow, steal, grab or find courage!

Note: I am willing to die for Nigeria to become a better place....

Let us all define our mutual aim, put heads and minds together and achieve the aim!

Let us liberate Nigeria and the future of our descendants!

Long live Nigeria!
Long live Nigerians!

let's partner in a political idea I hatched up that can help Nigeria pioneered by youths

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be For Real? / Flood Victims Drink From River Niger, Sleep On Bare Floor / What Scared GEJ Into Making Sudden U-turn On Bakassi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.