Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? (4952 Views)

7 Hidden Features In Microsoft Outlook.com / Outlook.com: Microsoft's New & Better Email Service (goodbye Hotmail) / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by ektbear: 8:13am On Aug 03, 2012
I registered an account (mostly just to get a prime email address grin )

I was pleasantly surprised, the user interface is nice.

Anybody else registered/tried it? www.outlook.com
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 03, 2012
The UI is nice, quite alright. Beautiful, really, and flush with Metro. But try editing your profile and it takes you to that god-awful, butt-ugly ho*m*il interface. MS should please, as a matter of utmost urgency, do something about that.
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Skywalker5(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2012
Yea i did. Its looks very professional. I have merged it with my yahoo mail and its really got a nice interface. Not logging into my yahoomail again. Using outlook. grin grin grin
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Afam4eva(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2012
I logged into my hotmail acccount some day back and it was nice. They're learning from Gmail. Thumbs up Gmail for setting the pace.
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Maleeq(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2012
SimonAndal: The UI is nice, quite alright. Beautiful, really, and flush with Metro. But try editing your profile and it takes you to that god-awful, butt-ugly ho*m*il interface. MS should please, as a matter of utmost urgency, do something about that.
Its still a "preview". Surely when its kicks off officially, that would be handled.

There have speculations that Microsoft is still up to something. Normally, certain key addresses like donotreply@outlook.com should be reserved, but they didn't!!! It was grabbed by a user within hours of preview launch.

Learning from Gmail? Maybe, but they surely put more juice into it. It samples features not yet mainstream in any other mail service.

Google just overtook Hotmail as the largest webmail, which isn't unrelated to the rise in adoption of Android phones/tablets which needs a google account to access the application store, Google Play. Do the math, estimated 400million+ android phones worldwide!

Don't get me wrong though, Gmail rocks and is/has been my preferred mail service for years now...but I like trying out new and shiny things! grin
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2012
ekt_bear: I registered an account (mostly just to get a prime email address grin )

I was pleasantly surprised, the user interface is nice.

Anybody else registered/tried it? www.outlook.com
I have to get one fast büt i`m still a loyal Gmail user.
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2012
yeah opened one after all d hype and just incase. Its cool, like gmail and Will become my backup email. Yahoo is so so yesterday.
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by auwal87(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
I hope they will also offer the like of Google Apps for Business, where companies can host their email. They will drive a lot of companies especially if their price is lower than Google's own per user. Google is currently giving 25GB per user at $50 per year, a company of 100 employees will pay $5000 every year for their employees' email service.

Outlook looks sleek and loads faster than Live, but it still has to take you to Live when editing your profile. I think they will transfer the interface of Live to look as Outlook is now. My only suggestion would have been to retain the live and add additional email offerings like the way Yahoo added Rocketmail and Ymail, they should have just made Live look better, then offer @Hotmail @Live @Outlook @MSN. This would have been better in my opinion.
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by mrperfect(m): 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
This is really an interesting one.
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by chucky234(m): 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hmmm,let me check then come back
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 04, 2012
How much Disk space are they offering for each account?
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by Maleeq(m): 5:45am On Aug 04, 2012
Brand_new: How much Disk space are they offering for each account?
For mails, virtually unlimited. For files, 7GB on SkyDrive, and allows up to 300MB file size attachment per message
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by MBG4Real(m): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2012
IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE OUTLOOK EXCHANGE WE HAVE BEEN USING IN MY COMPANY FOR YEARS NOW. OR ARE THEY TRYING TO MAKE IT AVALIABLE FREE FOR MORE PEOPLE.
Re: Microsoft's Outlook.com Email Service: Have You Tried It? by okitejoseph: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
I used to think that hotmail and outlook where different....... http://www.techpent.com/www-outlook-com-outlook-web-app-outlook-sign-outlook-mail-sign/

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Share Internet Connection Between Host And Virtual Box Windows 2008 / Somebody Help, My Laptop Always Trip Off/shutdown / Like New Asus K55N Laptop At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.