Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ecowas Recruiting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ecowas Recruiting (7084 Views)

Pls I Heard Union Bank Is Recruiting Presently / Ecowas Recruitment 2012 - How to Apply / Anybody Wants To Work In Ecowas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 6:15pm On Dec 15, 2007
The Secretariat of the Economic Community of West African States ECOWAS with its headquarters in Abuja has been transformed into a Commission headed by a President, assisted by Commissioners since January 2007. As part of its transformation process and for the Commission’s effective take off, the Commission wishes to recruit qualified and capable individuals into the following professional positions in the Commission and office of the Financial Controller.
A.2 (1) POST: PRINCIPAL PROGRAM OFFICER RELATIONS WITH MEMBER

STATES
GRADE: P5 (UA 30,551.83 – 34,541.51)
REF: ECW-COMM/REC/PRES-P01/ER/2007
DUTIES

Serves as a focal point for relations with member-states national units, permanent representations in Abuja and special representations of the President.
Ensures and promotes effective Communication between the Commission and these bodies, working in close collaboration with relevant technical department.
Ensures the creation of a reliable and regularly up-dated data-base of addresses and other relevant documents, and its circulation.
Helps ensure that capacity enhancement needs of member-states national unit are mainstreamed into the overall capacity-building strategic frame-work of the Commission.
Supervises staff in this division and supports the director to execute the mandate of the department.
Facilitates the establishment of effective partnership between the various parties (national units, permanent representations, special representatives) and the Commission.
Structures an integration approach to the management of the coordination of relations between the various parties and the headquarters, on the one hand, and of the Commissions activities in Member States
Helps promote effective follow-up support the national units needs and enquiries.
Assists in the orientation and design of the department’s activity program

QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS

A degree in International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration or a related field.
Ten (10) years professional experience with two (2) in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to eight (cool years with two (2) in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
Experience in an international organization would be an advantage.
Excellent knowledge of national mechanisms for regional program coordination would be an advantage.
Leadership skills and the ability to work in a multicultural team would be an advantage.
Excellent grasp of regional development and integration issues would be an advantage
Effective communication skills.
Must be computer literate.

The officer should not be 50 years old or over at the point of recruitment
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Commission; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY ALSO APPLY BY E-MAIL TO THE FOLLOWING ADDESSES:

info@ecowas.int

jobs@ecowas.int

For more vacancies go to http://jobsopp..com

please show your are pleased by replying if successful
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2007
Hi anyone succesfully applied
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by FREGE(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2007
First of all, i will say merry xmas and Happy new year.
You guys are going a wonderful Job for not limiting jobs search to the age limit of fresh graduate. kudos to you. wink
With the little info given,i will help my Uncle to apply. Who knows!!!. May be luck can come out of it for him.
tHANKS GUYS
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 6:45pm On Dec 18, 2007
Guy thanks I'm so happy with your reply more of it please. It shows me I'm appreciated
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2007
Merry xmas to you all Goodluck this season
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2007
Goodluck and merry xmas to all job seekers
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2007
Hi jobseekers anyone applied?
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2008
Please those that have applied should notify us please!!!!
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by jermo(f): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2008
when you talk about recruitment we talk about age so also WORK EXPERIENCE.i wouldnt what this employers mean because am just seeking for a job being a fresher where do they expect someone to have 6years experience?i tell you it bothers me alot.
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2008
jermo I posted this for older nairaland members not for freshers
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by obanikoro2(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2008
chuks4kool:

jermo I posted this for older nairaland members not for freshers

Can u do me a favor by conducting a research on the age bracket of the average nairaland user

it would shock you to know that most, if not all, are freshers or wit little experience!

Nice job though grin
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2008
obanikoro2:

Can u do me a favor by conducting a research on the age bracket of the average nairaland user

it would shock you to know that most, if not all, are freshers or wit little experience!

Nice job though grin
Are you going to pay me for it obanikoro? Moreover, as you claim they are mostly youths they can tell their uncles and aunts. thanks
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by obanikoro2(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2008
chuks4kool:

Are you going to pay me for it obanikoro?

for why now?

chuks4kool:

Moreover, as you claim they are mostly youths they can tell their uncles and aunts. thanks

yea! it makes sense.
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by chuks4kool(m): 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2008
obanikoro2:

yea! it makes sense.
Thanks man.
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by easydone: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2012
Hm
Re: Ecowas Recruiting by omojuliet: 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2015

(1) (Reply)

International Rescue Committee (IRC) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Firs Or Ptdf Oss, Which Should I Go For? / Chevron Nigeria Limited Jobs : May 2018 Vacancies- Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.