Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa (13152 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / Top Ten Most Powerful Guns In The World / Jonathan Leads In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by karlmax2: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Friday, 03 August 2012 09:49 NAN .

Four herdsmen were arrested in Nasarawa for possessing sophisticated arms and ammunition, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Nigerian Police Command in the state, Michael Ada, said on Friday.

Ada said the items recovered from the suspects were a PMSG sub-machine gun, one locally made rifle and nine rounds of live ammunition.

He said that two of the suspects from Kwala Village in Quanpan Local Government Area of Plateau were arrested on 26 July, in Lafia by detectives attached to the State Intelligence Bureau (SIB).He said the arrest of the suspects followed suspicious behaviour exhibited by them.

He said that upon interrogation the suspects provided useful information leading to the arrest of two others, Tukur Usman and Hamza Tukur of Gada-Gwari village in the Kuje Area Council of FCT.

He said that the suspects confessed to being in possession two other rifles, which they buried in a farm at the boundary between Nasarawa and Plateau states.

“Based on the confessional statement, the police followed them to the location and recovered the weapons,” Ada said.

He said the suspects were being detained at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for further investigation to ascertain the source of the weapons and other possible accomplices.

The PPRO urged members of the public to always be vigilant and report any suspicious movements in their neighbourhood to security operatives for prompt action.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/42272-police-arrests-herdsmen-with-sub-machine-guns
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by gramci: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
Am sure they were preparing for ramadam massacre. undecided
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Mcdondayan: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
religion of peace
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by okparadamian(f): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
i thought dey will not act violently as dey ar still fasting.God 4sakn pple
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Jay007th(m): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
dis fulani pple r sumtyn else......jessssee.....Ramadan kareem....God help us al..... undecideddis fulani pple r sumtyn else......jessssee.....Ramadan kareem....God help us al.....
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by slimdiggi: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
They want to use the guns to slaughter cows

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by sylve11: 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hmmm! Only God knows where we are heading to. cool
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
Herdsmen or bokoharam? Ramadan kissmyass!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
I said it!! These Normadic, cattle-fhucking, muslim, ugly looking motherfhuckers are packing heat!!

I got first hand account from a luxurious bus driver that said the robbers on the highway most times are these fulani cattlefuckers..

What business does a cattle rearer have with this?!

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by realmscape: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
for protection....u guyz berrer suck it... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Alkapino(m): 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
slimdiggi: They want to use the guns to slaughter cows
hahaha na true.
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
Something fishy. Arrested for suspicious bahaviour. The people just confessed and took police to where they buried their guns. Doesnt add up.
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by nagoma(m): 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
sylve11: Hmmm! Only God knows where we are heading to. cool

Source is most probably from those Onitsha consignment that were coming through Ghana.
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by ibide(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
He is hunting for bush meat
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by megawax8: 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
everi body cnt b faithful to sumtin,there wuld alwayz b bad eggs......stop blaming and hating,they are jst crazy fools dat jst got caught amongst odas......liv d tribe or religion and jst pray more shuld be arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by adami48(f): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
Useless set of fool, somtimes i wonder hw peacefull earth would hav been witout dis bastards, iran, iraq, syria, afghan, all muslim comunities in d world love terror aka jihad, islam is a religion of 100% terror, every day breeding blood thirsty vampires, and they say they are fasting, High ranking hypocrites, decieving who?

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Okijajuju1(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
nwanna89: Something fishy. Arrested for suspicious bahaviour. The people just confessed and took police to where they buried their guns. Doesnt add up.

Nwokem, I don't blame you for suspecting something is fishy.. You have been watching too many NYPD blues and you think Nigerian Police and Oyinbo police interrogation technique na the same..

My advice, do not give the police reason to extract information from you... Those who last more than 2 hours are normally considered hardened criminals, because any normal criminal would have confessed in under 5 minutes..

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by omenziate(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
Fulani herdsmen, Boko haram, and Radical islamists get difference? All na same jor. They would kill for d "stupidest" of reasons. Mtscheeeeew.
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Donbasi(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
Who even tell police say those men are herdsmen? Better Bokomen weh de prepare 2 finish work after ramadan mtchwwww.
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Spirit96(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
WHAT IS THEIR MISSION? WHO ARMED THEM? WHAT IS D PENALTY 4 ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF FIRE ARMS? WHAT WLD BE D OUTCOME OF D WHOLE THING? MORE WLD BE NABBED BUT I DOUBT IF THEIR SPONSOR WLD NOT BAIL THEM OUT. MEEEEEEEEEEN, SO MANY INNOCENT SOUL WLD HV GONE IF THEY HAD NT BN ARRESTED.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by ebamma(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
this 77 virgins hunters them no dey rest
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by 1800bc(f): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hope we won't see them with armoured tank soon....God forbid bad tin.
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by madumadu(m): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
na wa ooo.....herdmen kwa...
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem, I don't blame you for suspecting something is fishy.. You have been watching too many NYPD blues and you think Nigerian Police and Oyinbo police interrogation technique na the same..

My advice, do not give the police reason to extract information from you... Those who last more than 2 hours are normally considered hardened criminals, because any normal criminal would have confessed in under 5 minutes..
Hahahahahahaha you are right. I remember one guy saying that he confessed at Panti to stealing projector even when he didnt steal it because he was "hanged" upside-down and "flame" used to burn his toes. He confessed to stealing just to have them send him to jail instead of dying of the pains....
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by pawesome(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
grin...nw dem dn tick register..b it ramadan or nt,dis clawns hv no respect 4 religion
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Singalex(m): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

My man tanks 4 dis ok!!,all dis film ppl dey watch nowadays dey mek dem feel naija nd yankee na d same wen it cms 2 human right.try Bleep up wit nigerian police nd see d kind beaten dey go gv U̶̲̥̅̊ .

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by lacasa: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2012
Wen fulani or a nigerian from northern origin breaks the law, Northerners n Islam r cursed on Nairaland wtout any caution.

But, wen a southerner is found commiting the same offence we muslims n northerners dnt abuse christianity nor do we turn it into a tribal war angry

Guess we should throw off the restraints n join in the free fσr all on this issue, since dats wat we r here fσr.

Let the tribal/religious bashing begin cool

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
The pipu I really feel soory for Yorubas. Even Herdsmen have upgraded their weapons. Wartime keeps coming closer and closer.
Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by alienvirus: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
As silly as the one here undecided undecided undecided

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by member10: 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
Why do I have a felling this story is somewhat false. Its just too easy, and why would they just confess and implicate 2 other people and take them to their stash of weapon?
Besides I tried to google the sub-gun and couldn't find any result for that gun.
They should provide us with pics!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
lacasa: Wen fulani or a nigerian from northern origin breaks the law, Northerners n Islam r cursed on Nairaland wtout any caution.

But, wen a southerner is found commiting the same offence we muslims n northerners dnt abuse christianity nor do we turn it into a tribal war angry

Guess we should throw off the restraints n join in the free fσr all on this issue, since dats wat we r here fσr.

Sorry that my fellow Nairalanders call you Northern muslim names, kpele...... But why dont you people use Arabic to tell the Boko Haram people that killing is against Islam, I say so cos kidnappers in the N'Delta, and the Armed robbers at PH dont use the Bible, but Boko Haram uses Koran to murder people.

8 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa by barryj1: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
lacasa: Wen fulani or a nigerian from northern origin breaks the law, Northerners n Islam r cursed on Nairaland wtout any caution.

Useless set of fool, somtimes i wonder hw peacefull earth would hav been witout dis bastards, iran, iraq, syria, afghan, all muslim comunities in d world love terror aka jihad, islam is a religion of 100% terror, every day breeding blood thirsty vampires, and they say they are fasting, High ranking hypocrites, decieving who?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Military Plane Crashes In Port-Harcout! / Uhuru Kenyatta Congratulates Buhari Commends Jonathan - Tweets / Boko Haram Members Kill 10-Year-Old Boy In Maiduguri (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.