Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. (1299 Views)

Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter / Nigerian Nurse's License Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help Story By / Bono On Jesus And Faith! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by primateayoola(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2012
Omolayo Abayomi, Nigerian
Nurse In UK, Has Licensed
Revoked For Calling On Jesus For
Help 05/11/2011 20:30:00 Font size: A Nigerian-born resident nurse in United Kingdom, Ms. Omolayo Abayomi has had her nursing license
withdrawn by the Nursing and Midwifery Council at a
hearing in London over a petition filed by the parents of
the baby she was taking care of because she neglected
her duties as a nurse to attend to a dying child and
decided to call on Jesus for help. According to source, the 51-year-old nurse was said to
have called for divine intervention more than 20 times
before the boy’s mother told her to ‘shut up’. “The nurse was constantly saying “Jesus help him” and
waving her arms around,’ a hearing was told. The nurse
was constantly saying “Jesus help him” and waving her
arms around,” the mother said in her testimony. “She said it more than 20 times. I felt I had to do
everything – at that point she was doing nothing to
help my son. She never offered to take the lead at any
point and at no point did she suggest calling 999. I can’t change what’s happened to my son, I know I did
the best for him but the nurse just completely
abandoned her duty.If I can save just one other person
from having to go through what we have been
through, then that’s what I want to do.” The boy, now aged five, made a full recovery from the
incident but is still totally dependent on others for his
care. Meanwhile, Ms. Abayomi claimed the mother pushed her
away and refused to let her help denied calling on Jesus,
panicking, and failing to provide care for the child. Delivering his judgment, panel chair John Williams said: “This was a failure to accept responsibility for her role in
the events by the registrant. She has shown a lack of
empathy with the parents of the child and there has
been no admission or apology, and therefore no insight. This failure is incompatible with her continuing to be a
registered nurse.”
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by wiegraf: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2012
From what you've written, her license was revoked because she failed to do her job. apparently she showed no remorse as well (indicating she felt she has done no wrong, but that's just my assumption).

Imagine if the mother is atheist, or any other religion (or even a decent xtian), and is terribly concerned with the state of her child at that moment. Expecting professional help she turns to a pro but gets said pro resorting to faith. That's not very professional, is it? She wasn't hired to pray. The state of the mother though is not the issue, the child's is. Rather than doing her job she was praying. He could have died (maybe there's even permanent damage), and she could have aided him by simply doing her job. Replace praying with any other task, outcome would be the same (her licence would be revoked).

Alos, post the source if your aim is to rage.
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by Logicbwoy: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2012
A nurse is not paid to preach.

This is how Nigerians embarrass us abroad
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by ijawkid(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy: A nurse is not paid to preach.

..Lol..

I agree with u
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by Logicbwoy: 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

..Lol..

I agree with u

No probs
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by egoldman(m): 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
I am a born again christian and i think the lady didn't handle the issue very well , the statement from the judge shows that she would have received a more lenient punishment if she had apologized , am sure she didn't have bad intention for the patient .
And if i may digress a little bit, this is what david oyedepo would also have done in the case of the young woman he slapped in the church instead of allowing the case to go to court which brings bad name to the church .

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by primateayoola(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
egoldman: I am a born again christian and i think the lady didn't handle the issue very well , the statement from the judge shows that she would have received a more lenient punishment if she had apologized , am sure she didn't have bad intention for the patient .
And if i may digress a little bit, this is what david oyedepo would also have done in the case of the young woman he slapped in the church instead of allowing the case to go to court which brings bad name to the church .
I think I agree with you but I dont really think that the confiscation of the license is the BEST APPROACH.
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by Areaboy2(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
primate ayoola: I think I agree with you but I dont really think that the confiscation of the license is the BEST APPROACH.
and risk her doing it again?

1 strike, and you're out! this is not Nigeria. undecided
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by Dhelake: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy: A nurse is not paid to preach.

Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by manmustwac(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Old Story this actually happened last year and the story has been here before. Here's the link https://www.nairaland.com/797360/nigerian-nurses-licence-withdrawn-uk
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by primateayoola(m): 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
manmustwac: Old Story this actually happened last year and the story has been here before. Here's the link https://www.nairaland.com/797360/nigerian-nurses-licence-withdrawn-uk
nobody vie over the news beign new or old,u can easily skim through d post afresh n u would see dat d date was BOLDLY written there. We are here to review the silly mistakes made by d nigerians abroad that later haunt us all n the way forward not to argue. Thanks
Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2012
After reading this, i gotta say, she coulda prayed WHILE working on the task at hand. Not leaving it.
It doesnt give a good testimony what she did and by her misguidedness has now given that woman and others one more thing to geeralize eith when talking qbout "those lazy christians".

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. by Niflheim(m): 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
praying for healing is like closing your eyes so that you can see,or closing your mouth so that you can eat!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Intolerance Of The Muslim Mod: Maclatunji / Who Are The 144,000 In The Bible ? / Why Does God Refer To Himself In The Plural?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.