Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Academic Unseriousness Among University Undergraduates. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Academic Unseriousness Among University Undergraduates. (1902 Views)

Eighty Percent Of Ogun State Prostitutes Are University Undergraduates! / Shell Scholarship Award For University Undergraduates Application Is Out / Federal University Undergraduates Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Academic Unseriousness Among University Undergraduates. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
The Nigerian Universities, in recent times, have been marred with huge academic levity among the students. Academic shallowness among undergraduates have become so rampant in the educational institution that it now seem part of the University calendar.
Academic frivolity has been a recurring phenomenon in developed, underdeveloped and developing countries alike. Using Nigeria as a case study, you'll agree with me that it has really eaten deep into the education sector.
Questions are being raised concerning whom to blame for this problematic issue; The Government, Academic Authorities, Parents/Family, or the Students. I am throwing this to the floor of the house.
To the Graduates, Undergraduates and others; What's your own opinion concerning the recurring academic unseriousness among University Undergraduates??
I'll be right back.
Re: Academic Unseriousness Among University Undergraduates. by IdeasDrive(m): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
Personally, I'm thinking it boils down to the loss of societal values. As it stands presently, things have changed, as what used to be envied years ago, are now taken for a ride.
If we must make progress, we must address our norms and values in the light of this present dispensation.
Blessings.
Re: Academic Unseriousness Among University Undergraduates. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
Thanks! But who exactly is 2 blame. Govt, sch auths or students?
Re: Academic Unseriousness Among University Undergraduates. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
More comments plsssss

(1) (Reply)

Finally!! B.sc. International And Diplomatic Studies In Noun / Just Register And Begin To Make Money Online Daily... / Offa Robbery Used As Exam Question For unilorin 100level Faculty Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.