Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,225 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! (2709 Views)

Download Any Paid Course From Udemy For Free With This Software / Pls Help! How Can I Fix Your Blog Doesn't Currently Qualify For Adsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Decryptor(m): 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
Hello NL Webmasters, we all like to be known as ingenious when it comes to our mastery in web development. But as it may seem, humans are often prone to mistakes. when you as a Web developer works on a site and uploads it, sometimes, you may have the website filled with broken hyperlinks, slow-loading images etc without even knowing. This may not augur well as your website may not function just as you want it to because of slow loading times and error pages. That alone can discourage a visitor to visit your site again.

Also this might affect your ability to get contracts especially when you submit a proposal to an establishment for a web contract. (They might check for errors in your previous web projects) and that might mar your prospects of getting the job.

Well, i just purchased a software which can detect errors in your website by trawling the site and displaying the errors it detects such as broken links, missing and unobtainable files and so on. You can save the results as a html page or excel .csv document

Below are screenshots of what the software can do and a display of errors detected on a website: http://www.mouauceet.com (Do you guys remember the guy who owns it and his claim?) wink

So if you want me to check errors on your site,drop your site name here and send and email with your sitename to "spammersgovex@gmail.com". It's a dummy email i created to avoid spamming. your email is essential so i can send/attach the results of the error to you. Remember, IT'S FREE

Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Decryptor(m): 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
Errors detected in the website: http://www.mouauceet.com

Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Adexy4us(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
Havin broken links erros on ds my site -www.websoluteng.com its only d frontpage dats visible
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Decryptor(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
Adexy4us: Havin broken links erros on ds my site -www.websoluteng.com its only d frontpage dats visible
I'll check it up in an hour ans send you results
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Adexy4us(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ok
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Decryptor(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
Adexy4us: Havin broken links erros on ds my site -www.websoluteng.com its only d frontpage dats visible
Sorry for the delay in checking your website. I did the trawling with the software and i discovered the following errors: The other pages in your website were not properly linked. You only included the name of the pages without adding the ".html" attribute. Here are screen-shots of the errors

Solution: Add the .htm or .html attribute after your page name links in the index page. You can do that with a HTML Editor such as Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Or simply use a text editor like Wordpad.

How to: Copy the html code on notepad or using a WYSIWYG like dreamweaver, go to the code interface and look for the highlighted links.Everything will work after you do that!

Best of Luck!

Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Adexy4us(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
D site is a joomla site. After entering my cpanel where wil i do d amendmnts. Its only d footer links dat weren't prperply linked. Am specific abt d oda main-menu links.
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Decryptor(m): 6:31am On Aug 09, 2012
Adexy4us: D site is a joomla site. After entering my cpanel where wil i do d amendmnts. Its only d footer links dat weren't prperply linked. Am specific abt d oda main-menu links.
@Adexy, you need to add .htm or .html attribute to your links. That will enable internet browsers recognize the fact that it a link which points to another page. it might work fine in the joomla interface but not at all in a web browser. As you can see in the pictures, the software (not me) pointed out d fact
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by naijacampu(m): 4:36am On Aug 12, 2012
Hello poster, thanks for your time. Do you care checking if there any error at my own
http://www.sergforum.com

Thanks
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Decryptor(m): 3:16am On Aug 13, 2012
naijacampu: Hello poster, thanks for your time. Do you care checking if there any error at my own
http://www.sergforum.com

Thanks
@naijacampu, i doubt if i'll find any errors in your site cos it's a forum hosted by myBB. Typically, forum pages are generated by scripts and not "hand-woven" by an individual so i doubt if any errors would be found. Nevertheless, i'd run a check on it for you at a later time cos right now, i'm accessing the internet with a hand-held device.
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by Chrisvicmall: 3:47am On Aug 13, 2012
Decryptor: @Adexy, you need to add .htm or .html attribute to your links. That will enable internet browsers recognize the fact that it a link which points to another page. it might work fine in the joomla interface but not at all in a web browser. As you can see in the pictures, the software (not me) pointed out d fact

Are you kidding me? .htm or .html is not neccessary. If that is the way your program works, that means our website(chrisvicmall.com) will be full of errors.What if the website ends with .php,.asp, .js,.ppt, etc, or without even an extension for example, www.example.com/nairaland/? You need to upgrade your software so that it will understand that some websites these days do not need to add .htm or .html
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by naijacampu(m): 3:34am On Aug 15, 2012
Decryptor: @naijacampu, i doubt if i'll find any errors in your site cos it's a forum hosted by myBB. Typically, forum pages are generated by scripts and not "hand-woven" by an individual so i doubt if any errors would be found. Nevertheless, i'd run a check on it for you at a later time cos right now, i'm accessing the internet with a hand-held device.

Ok, thanks please you can try when you are free. I did many manual rewriting to the core script, just to make sure am on the safe side.

Once again,thanks.
Re: Let Me Fix Your Website Errors With This Software For FREE! by dan55: 7:04am On Jun 02, 2013
please help me and check this http://skyfact.com

(1) (Reply)

Adult.xyz - Get Paid To Share Adult Links On The Internet! Created By / Do You Need Huge Traffic ? Drop Your Website URL And Get Good Traffic / Unlimited Free Airtel DATA Cheat For June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.