Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Null - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Null (4871 Views)

Do Muslims Believe That They Get 72 Virgins In Heaven? / Description Of The Virgins In Paradise / Myth Of 72 Virgins In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Null by tiarabubu: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2012
maclatunji:

LMFSO. Kai, see delusion. I can imagine Angel-like Tiarabubu. @Tiarabubu, do you even know what angels are?

You tell me Mac!

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be [size=18pt] like [/size] the angels in heaven. . Mathew 22:30

I would rather clap, sing and dance in praise and worship to God than engage in marathon se.x in heaven (i am not sure what we women get since there are the wide eyed houris for you guys), with perpetual erections and eternal virginity! Please!

Just like someone once asked; what would God be doing in the Muslim heaven? Watching? undecided

I just gave you a verse in the Bible that confirms that there will be NO marriages in heaven. You guys can continue on the main issue.

1 Like

Re: Null by maclatunji: 12:15am On Aug 26, 2012
tiarabubu:

You tell me Mac!

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be [size=18pt] like [/size] the angels in heaven. . Mathew 22:30

I would rather clap, sing and dance in praise and worship to God than engage in marathon se.x in heaven (i am not sure what we women get since there are the wide eyed houris for you guys), with perpetual erections and eternal virginity! Please!

Just like someone once asked; what would God be doing in the Muslim heaven? Watching? undecided

I just gave you a verse in the Bible that confirms that there will be NO marriages in heaven. You guys can continue on the main issue.

God doesn't need anything from us. It's we that rely on him. You think about it, men and women will enter Paradise and they will fulfilled with singing and dancing? #Yeahright just like Catholic Priests and Nuns are " fulfilled" being celibate.

Sex is a part of being a human being, pretending as if it is not in our nature is outright hypocrisy.

Your assertion that man in paradise will be angel-like is actually condescending because a human being that God is pleased with is superior to angels. #Dontbesilly tiara.
Re: Null by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 26, 2012
@tiara, just another reason why its all hogwash. That koranic line was obviously conjured up by an arab with a soporific sex-addled brain under the sweltering desert sun. Women are sex objects in the islamic heaven, and you can bet their God will be watching.
Re: Null by tiarabubu: 1:25am On Aug 26, 2012
maclatunji:

God doesn't need anything from us. It's we that rely on him. You think about it, men and women will enter Paradise and they will fulfilled with singing and dancing? #Yeahright just like Catholic Priests and Nuns are " fulfilled" being celibate.

Enhennnn?! So why worship Him if he doesnt need anything from us? You think about it, men and women will enter paradise and all they do is food and Se.x with perpetual erections and eternal virginity? Phuleaseeeee! We worship Him here to go and eat and have se.x in heaven? Please, Mac, if that thought thrilled the Arabs in 650AD, it makes less sense now. Honestly.

The whole idea of celibacy is about life of service such that pleasures of this life are de-emphasized for spiritual attainment. For example you fast once a month in a year. When you fast, you are denying your body pleasures for a spiritual benefits abi. So are you not fulfilled while you are at it? If all you can give in a year is one month, some can give their life time denying themselves these pleasures for spiritual fulfilment. If one month in year is all you can give,they can offer their whole lives. You better respect them for it. wink

Sex is a part of being a human being, pretending as if it is not in our nature is outright hypocrisy.

You have needs and wants here on earth cos you are human and have a finite length of time to live. You eat cos you need energy, you have se.x cos you need to procreate and to indulge in some fun, you go to the loo cos you need to flush stuff. You need to work, you need to school, you need to wear clothes ETC If you go to Heaven and have eternity to spend, do you need to do all the things you did down here (earth)? I don't think so. BUT, you guys think it differently...

Your assertion that man in paradise will be angel-like is actually condescending because a human being that God is pleased with is superior to angels.

You see angels possess some qualities that people dont have. For example people live for some years (say up to 100), angels have infinite lives. People need to eat, angels don't. People suffer afflictions, angels don't. People don't commune with God as angels do. People are limited by time and space (eg the fastest you can travel is by aircraft), angels are not bound by the laws of physics. People are visible, angels aren't. So you see, I don't understand how humans can be so limited and yet so superior. With these qualities, I would rather be angel like.

#Dontbesilly tiara.

I ain't.

2 Likes

Re: Null by maclatunji: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2012
tiarabubu:

Enhennnn?! So why worship Him if he doesnt need anything from us? You think about it, men and women will enter paradise and all they do is food and Se.x with perpetual erections and eternal virginity? Phuleaseeeee! We worship Him here to go and eat and have se.x in heaven? Please, Mac, if that thought thrilled the Arabs in 650AD, it makes less sense now. Honestly.

The whole idea of celibacy is about life of service such that pleasures of this life are de-emphasized for spiritual attainment. For example you fast once a month in a year. When you fast, you are denying your body pleasures for a spiritual benefits abi. So are you not fulfilled while you are at it? If all you can give in a year is one month, some can give their life time denying themselves these pleasures for spiritual fulfilment. If one month in year is all you can give,they can offer their whole lives. You better respect them for it. wink

You failed when you went the route of fasting to butress your point. We fast during the daylight hours alone. Muslim married couples can have all the sex they want after daylight in Ramadan. The companions of the Prophet (SAW) thought like you but were still cohabiting with their wives during Ramadan and were embarrassed to ask the Prophet about its propriety until God revealed a verse giving them the green light to go for it. We human beings have a carnal and spiritual nature combined. One cannot excel without the order. That is why you have the overwhelming majority of priests and nuns have had sex. In fact, about three Catholic Popes died having sex. Tiarabubu, these are the guys that brought you Christianity O.

tiarabubu:
You have needs and wants here on earth cos you are human and have a finite length of time to live. You eat cos you need energy, you have se.x cos you need to procreate and to indulge in some fun, you go to the loo cos you need to flush stuff. You need to work, you need to school, you need to wear clothes ETC If you go to Heaven and have eternity to spend, do you need to do all the things you did down here (earth)? I don't think so. BUT, you guys think it differently...

You see angels possess some qualities that people dont have. For example people live for some years (say up to 100), angels have infinite lives. People need to eat, angels don't. People suffer afflictions, angels don't. People don't commune with God as angels do. People are limited by time and space (eg the fastest you can travel is by aircraft), angels are not bound by the laws of physics. People are visible, angels aren't. So you see, I don't understand how humans can be so limited and yet so superior. With these qualities, I would rather be angel like.

It is not only Angels that have superhuman attributes, Jinns (at least you know spirits) and many animals as well are much more advanced than humans. That doesn't make them better. Why? We humans have been given intellect and freewill which all the others bar Jinns (spirits) don't have.

By the way, angels don't "commune" with God, he is unique and above that. Angels too will die. Death, which is an angel too will die. Only God will remain. He will then resurrect all of us his creatures for judgement at the time he wills.

Paradise goes beyond sex (it's antiIslamists that blow that part out of proportion). There's the best of everything: food, drink, praise of God, companionship, camaraderie, peace and serenity. The ultimate bliss for man in Paradise is actually to see God in all his glory. Tiarabubu, God didn't create man in his image. There is nothing or anyone like him!

tiarabubu:

I ain't.

Maybe you're not, but it's time to open your heart to the truth- you are intelligent enough!
Re: Null by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 26, 2012
Hi tiarabubu, I've been following your comments for awhile and I'm greatly impressed by their cogency. I would love better communication with you, if you will allow it. Please follow me back for this purpose.
Re: Null by maclatunji: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2012
Ihedinobi: Hi tiarabubu, I've been following your comments for awhile and I'm greatly impressed by their cogency. I would love better communication with you, if you will allow it. Please follow me back for this purpose.

You wan pick babe? You did not even salute we the "gatekeepers". #LOL
Re: Null by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 26, 2012
maclatunji:

Ah, sorry o, ejọọ. I hail una o. Una well done. No o, I no be pickup abeg grin
Re: Null by maclatunji: 7:58am On Aug 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ah, sorry o, ejọọ. I hail una o. Una well done. No o, I no be pickup abeg grin

I no blame you, the woman get sense. @tiarabubu, are you available? See boys don dey feel you. Forget all that angelic parole.
Re: Null by tiarabubu: 8:17am On Aug 26, 2012
maclatunji:

Buahahahaha!

Honestly Mac, you must be a good natured guy! (don't get any ideas oh!). It's a relief to realise.
Re: Null by tiarabubu: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2012
Ihedinobi: Hi tiarabubu, I've been following your comments for awhile and I'm greatly impressed by their cogency. I would love better communication with you, if you will allow it. Please follow me back for this purpose.

Thanks Ihedinobi. I am touched by your kind words.

1 Peter 3:15

.... Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.....
Re: Null by maclatunji: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2012
tiarabubu:

Buahahahaha!

Honestly Mac, you must be a good natured guy! (don't get any ideas oh!). It's a relief to realise.

I don't have any ideas now. You didn't realise my good nature before?
Re: Null by tiarabubu: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2012
maclatunji:

You failed when you went the route of fasting to butress your point. We fast during the daylight hours alone. Muslim married couples can have all the sex they want after daylight in Ramadan. The companions of the Prophet (SAW) thought like you but were still cohabiting with their wives during Ramadan and were embarrassed to ask the Prophet about its propriety until God revealed a verse giving them the green light to go for it. We human beings have a carnal and spiritual nature combined. One cannot excel without the order. That is why you have the overwhelming majority of priests and nuns have had sex. In fact, about three Catholic Popes died having sex. Tiarabubu, these are the guys that brought you Christianity O.

But you still consciously deny yourselves pleasures for 12 hours in a day or 360 hours a month abi? See how tasking that can be? They are giving theirs for the rest of their lives.

About some priest and nuns falling by the way side. Of course many will capitulate. It's not for the faint of heart to go celibate. Some will fail and some will pass the test. Just like the rest of us may flounder in the course of our lives.

About the Popes you mentioned. I honestly don't know about that. But it's best you provide a link to such a strong allegation.

I am no Catholic but, like I do for all faiths, I salute devotion and respect convictions (as long as it doesn't involve suppressing others)

It is not only Angels that have superhuman attributes, Jinns (at least you know spirits) and many animals as well are much more advanced than humans. That doesn't make them better. Why? We humans have been given intellect and freewill which all the others bar Jinns (spirits) don't have.,

That's your understanding from a muslims perspective. Countering will serve no purpose. But note that we believe in angels capacity for free thought. That was how the devil and his demons came about. He was a dissident angel and so were his followers.

If I may ask, islamically how did shaiytan and the jinns come about?

By the way, angels don't "commune" with God, he is unique and above that. Angels too will die. Death, which is an angel too will die. Only God will remain. He will then resurrect all of us his creatures for judgement at the time he wills.

WELL commune means

To be in a state of intimate, heightened sensitivity and receptivity, as with one's surroundings

We believe angels commune with God. Our understand differs based on how we (Islam and Christianity) view God. God does use angels to his work and to do that He communes with them.

Paradise goes beyond sex (it's antiIslamists that blow that part out of proportion). There's the best of everything: food, drink, praise of God, companionship, camaraderie, peace and serenity. The ultimate bliss for man in Paradise is actually to see God in all his glory. Tiarabubu, God didn't create man in his image. There is nothing or anyone like him!

Christians don't believe that we need this carnal body in heaven so there will be NO need for food, drinks, sex, marriages. But the complete peace and praise. The contentment is total so there is no need for carnal things to satisfy us cos we have been transformed into spiritual beings that do not need worldy stuff for pleasures.

Maybe you're not, but it's time to open your heart to the truth- you are intelligent enough!

Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't agree with much of what you guys preach. I have read your books several times. I don't think it's the truth and I don't believe in it. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against muslims. I have Muslim friends and a wonderful Muslim boss.

I think it's time that the real "owners" of the thread resume their discussion. Thanks
Re: Null by tiarabubu: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2012
maclatunji:

I don't have any ideas now. You didn't realise my good nature before?

Huh? When you were banning and threatening. I come fear you oh! Anyway best wishes.
Re: Null by eduson33(m): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2012
[size=20pt]tell them!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

tiarabubu:

I ain't.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harms Of Spreading Misinformation, What Islam Says / Are You In The Mood For Eid Yet? / My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.