Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. (813 Views)

Today's Devotional For Active Prayer / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders.topic:the Recipe For Success. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by oludayo20(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2007
Hi All,
Greetings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,It's great to here once again,and today we'll be discussing ''Being all that you can be''.
Ref:1st Peter 2vs9-10.
Everybody Has potential.
Within each of us lies the possibilities of either the heights of success or the depths of failure.We each possess the potential for the greatest good or the greatest evil.That is how God created us.Fortunately for all of us,failure does not disqualify us from enjoying the love and favour of God.
One of the consequences of God's grace and favour is that our continuing fellowship with God is based on relationship and not on anything we do or fail to do.In one way or another all of us have failed to fulfil our God given potential.But isn't it wonderful to know that God never gives up on us ?He keeps right on working patiently on us,picking us up when we fall,kissing our skinned knees and elbows ,and lovingly helping us to try again.As our loving heavenly father ,His heart's desire is to see everyone of us become everything He created us to be. He wants to see us reach our potential.But our relationship with God does not stand or fall based on how well we succeed.There is no minimum standard of performance we must meet in order to gain his approval and acceptance.God already accepts us on the basis of what His Son,Jesus,did on the cross.The cross demonstrated God's love and acceptance of us beyond any doubt.Paul stated it this way,'but God demonstrates his love for us ,in that while we're still sinners,Christ died for us'.
God knows our potentials but keeps us close because of his love for us,He loves us so much that He can't stand to have us out of His sight!,so often we fail to realize our full potential because we don't really know who we are in christ.We don't understand the full range of what God has placed within each of us .God chose you for the potential He placed in you,He keeps you because of his passion for you,this means he will never abandon you,He will never give up on you,He will never rest until He elevates you into the fulness of the person He created you to be.
Sound scary?Take heart from this promise''You are my servant ,I have chosen you and have not cast you away,fear not,for I am with you,be not dismayed ,for I am your God .I will strengthen you,yes I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand ''
God chose you for potential but keeps you because of passion .Don't settle for less than the best.Be all you can be!.
Have a great day!

(1) (Reply)

Near Death Experiences / Internal Recesses Of The Mind / The Secret Of Success In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.