Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! (2345 Views)

Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) / MTN Surprise Smartphone Plan (4.5GB For N2500) / Etisalat Smartphone Internet Setup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! by cuteprinz(m): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
Recently, Etisalat came up with smartphone monthly plans (from 200MB and above) that would also allow subscribers to make calls at a flat rate of N0.20k/sec (i.e 12/min). But wait for this; yesterday, i subscribed for the data plan of N200MB. After they sent me a txt message confirming the data subscription, i checked my balance and then decided to try a call to an etisalat number. I didnt want to recharge my phone just yet, since i had some 'change' left after they deducted N1,000. Guess what happend?
Re: Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Guy be specific abeg!is nt de ordinary 1 mnth bt u text smarta 2 8183. if ur ans is yes den we go biliev abeg am sure u did de rung fin dats y...bt etisalat no dey try fo tarrif o nd dem de praiz dem abegee!!!up glo
Re: Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! by cuteprinz(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
Yeah, sorry i went 'away' for a while. Now; when i made the call, I was charged N0.50k/sec! Why i did that was even the fact that they said i can also make calls at a lower /flat rate. This is NOT what they advertised on the media and their website. I called their careline and the lady that spoke with me said I NEEDED TO STILL ADD A SUBSCRIPTION THAT WOULD ALLOW ME MAKE CALLS AT A LOWER RATE. I am very sad and may throw away that sim card. Even if i dont, this may be the last time i recharge the etisalat line. I'm back to my AIRTEL, afterall their 3G is glowing on my phone screen and i can watch smoothly tv stations like CHANNELS AND FRANCE 24 live from my living room. Unlike their poor edge network that keeps buffering every now and then before it plays. Rubbish!
Re: Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! by Xpset: 12:47am On Aug 07, 2012
I üse etisalat gaga. And am making calls at 20kps since feb 2012. U get this every month once u re on a data plan so dont spoil etis 4 us
Re: Etisalat's Smartphone Plan With 20k/sec Phone Calls Is Fraudulent. Beware! by Jeffy1206(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2012
cuteprinz: Yeah, sorry i went 'away' for a while. Now; when i made the call, I was charged N0.50k/sec! Why i did that was even the fact that they said i can also make calls at a lower /flat rate. This is NOT what they advertised on the media and their website. I called their careline and the lady that spoke with me said I NEEDED TO STILL ADD A SUBSCRIPTION THAT WOULD ALLOW ME MAKE CALLS AT A LOWER RATE. I am very sad and may throw away that sim card. Even if i dont, this may be the last time i recharge the etisalat line. I'm back to my AIRTEL, afterall their 3G is glowing on my phone screen and i can watch smoothly tv stations like CHANNELS AND FRANCE 24 live from my living room. Unlike their poor edge network that keeps buffering every now and then before it plays. Rubbish!
guy i undastnd ur plight. I dnt knw all dis hike abt etisalat it is jst ovarated with de small customas der hav u cal dem it takes 30minutes nd more fo dem 2 pick.i tried dt rubish bt myn was difrnt,as i jst loaded der tuk ma 1k i ws surpris i knw der were goin 2 tell me abt auto renew...de last tym i did ws abt 7 months ago unlike glo dt automaticaly remuv it afta de xpiratn.glo nd airtel are de best netwrks 2 use considerin deir 3.75g evrywhr.

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Fone Apps Stores! Apple Store, Google Play, Ovi Store And BB Apps World. / Here Are The Differences Between Latest Infinix Hot 4 Pro And The Normal Hot 4 / Price Of Iphone 5 Charging Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.