Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! (4646 Views)

Nairaland Mentioned In The Starcomms Private Placement Petition / Hello Fellows:just To Inform You That Geo-fluid Private Placement Is Still On / Starcomms Private Placement At N13. Good Deal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by SOJ(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2007
The story goes that MTN South Africa has agreed to divest portions of its holding through IBTC Asset Mgt to High net-worth individuals. Each Individual is expected to shell out a whooping NGN610m ($5m) and $10m for corporate organizations.

Part of the investments includes screening "unworthy" individuals such as 419'ers, treasury looters and people who can't justify the source of their wealth. But really, isnt that a long shot? I mean, what kind of person on our present Nigeria can bring out NGN610m if he/she isnt a treasury looter?

MTN has hoodwinked us again o!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by lilvonz(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2007
Interesting
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by skima(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2007
lolZ kiss

this is funny! i only recieved the mail in my box about the PP, but the details were not yet stated. so is it really gonna be 610M? in the using i this its $1m networth that qualify some1 for this kind of offer? but this i think requires some1 with almost 5billion naira networth to take part in.

funny. i will still inquire more though!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by 2old4that(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2007
Shebi they don tell them to improve on thier services; they run away
and now this one again, just to cover up that order! Player network!
nigeria go hear wiiiiii!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by otomatic(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2007
This is quite interesting! Let's see how many "clean" folks can afford that.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by ndubest(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2007
MTN again
let's wait and see
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by uchetobi(f): 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2007
interesting
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by tkb417(m): 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2007
its not all that have 600million that looted
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by memento: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2007
are u aware that the offer is already fuuly subscribe?? yes from good authority it is already fully booked, so dont even bother to look for it.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by topkin(m): 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2007
It is just their way of deceiving themselves and nt us nigerians. I heard it had been fully suscribed even b4 it was publicised. They are just thieves, and they say its for "Clean" nigerians, Clean my Foot!!! angry MTN jst dey vex me, na everting dem wan take deceive us? angry And they will say this is in the spirit of "Nigerian Content". OLE!!!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by neeyeeo(m): 5:43am On Dec 19, 2007
there is no harm in the offer being fully subscribed to, since its called a private placement, i guess they just notified the public to observe necessary protocols and im sure there are a lot of billionaires that didn't loot the national treasury to make their millions or billions, im not in support of MTN all the way, im just looking at the possibilities of the actual good side!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by TerrySoft(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2007
whatever!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by Rogo: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2007
don't worry yourself someday they will demand for pair of glasses and Holy bible like Ibori did
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by IgG(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2007
FOR GOD'S SAKE HOW MANY NIGERIANS HAVE SUCH A LEGITIMATE MONEY AS DEMANDED BY MTN? LET MTN 4GET ABOUT LEGITIMACY ABOUT IN THIS PRIVATE PLACEMENT. SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL TELL ME NA MONIOKO DE WORRI ME BUT WE SABI DE TRUTH.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by jollypapa(m): 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2007
shocked
Is it true? Very soon the looters will be known.

Jollypapa.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by spaceworld: 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2007
Nigerianes haba!!!!!!!!!!!!! gunle justice, Na waoooooo, wetin this MTN do una sef, well let wait and see, if you have the news of the private place, it was categorically stated that NET WORTHY NIGERIANS not ordinary Nigerians, ok

MTN is a coporate business comapny to the core, so they know their value and know what the wants and deserve, You think say dem go just allow TOM DICK AND HARRY TO COME SPOIL THEIR STRATEGIC PLAN AND BUSINESS PLAN. Don't you know that avereage Nigeria is a spoiler, Tell me a Nigerian company that is a internation business player. You will never found one BECAUSE UNA DEY VERY VERY VERY!!!!!! GREEDY
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by spaceworld: 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2007
Nigerians haba!!!!!!!!!!!!!   jungle justice, Na waoooooo, wetin this MTN do una sef, well let wait and see, if you have the news of the private place, it was categorically stated that NET WORTHY NIGERIANS  not ordinary Nigerians, ok

MTN is a coporate business company to the core, so they know their value and know what the wants and deserve, You think say dem go just allow TOM DICK AND HARRY TO COME SPOIL THEIR STRATEGIC PLAN AND BUSINESS PLAN. Don't you know that average Nigeria is a spoiler, Tell me a Nigerian company that is a internation business player. You will never found one BECAUSE UNA DEY VERY VERY VERY!!!!!! GREEDY, That is average Nigerian business man for you.

Wait and see, una just start beefing una na go beef tire and die
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by babareketaiwo(f): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2007
When I got the info about Mtn's private recruitment, I thought within myself that it was a practical joke but I manage to put my friend's name down but he failed to do as he was directed to do (PR). Surprisingly, the gother guy that complied with the instruction was taken for immediate employment. When my friend who did not do as he was directed to do heard of his appointment, he felt sober because he too was contacted thru the recruiting agent to do the same thing of which he refused to comply. I still have the detail of the agent in case you may have interest in contacting him for further clarification.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by walcolm(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2007
babareketaiwo:

When I got the info about Mtn's private recruitment, I thought within myself that it was a practical joke but I manage to put my friend's name down but he failed to do as he was directed to do (PR). Surprisingly, the gother guy that complied with the instruction was taken for immediate employment. When my friend who did not do as he was directed to do heard of his appointment, he felt sober because he too was contacted through the recruiting agent to do the same thing of which he refused to comply. I still have the detail of the agent in case you may have interest in contacting him for further clarification.

this thread is talking about a private placement not RECRUITMENT!!! are u sure u're on the right thread
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by bhdChap: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
amazin, n d naija govt wldnt luk in2 tinz lyk ds!!!! shocked
oh!!!!my bad!!!d naija govt r d prospective investors,
eh don tey wey dem dey take us play apele,
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by cecegorz(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2007
hey dudes, private placements are not public offers please. it's strictly by IV for those that can shell out the mega-funds involved. most times the deals are already in the past tense b4 the pub get to hear.
take it as it is till u get there. I will get there!
That's what Robert Kiyosaki preaches in his series.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by SOJ(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2007
what i dont get is how many Nigerians can really shellout that kind of money in legitimate terms? undecided na wah o
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by joshjosh(m): 2:09am On Dec 22, 2007
you will be amazed how many Nigerian women and some female students will have that level of money. dont ask me where i think they got it from because that is another matter for the strong minds
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by ololakenny: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2007
grin. it is for the "big boys". do u understand. i won't be surprised to hear of legal issues involving MTN concerning some of its share holders in the nearest future, because this their offer is not for us- the nigerians.

anyway, i am planning to start using my glo and celtel actively now because, as we can all see, customer satisfaction is not on MTN's agenda in nigeria.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by expressor(m): 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2008
whoever said private placements are same as public offers. it is even likely it had been fully subscribed before the public got to hear about it.
and as for people that think that nigerians that can afford that amount must be treasury looters, well i see there point. but i must say that nigeria still as a lot of legitimate self-made billionaires.
some of us would be making such investments in the near future, we wouldn't like others thinking we are thieves.
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by sanim16(m): 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2008
Seriously people there are clean nigerians who have that kind of money. I know most of the ones in the spotlight are looters but that doesn't stain all of them and like the term "Private Placement" implies it is not for everybody so stop b@#$*ing and make some paper so that u can start getting invited to take part in such placements.

Cheers and see some of u up there, the rest of u have to work to keep us up there, cuz if there is no down how can there be up there grin grin grin grin cool
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by sanim16(m): 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
Seriously people there are clean nigerians who have that kind of money. I know most of the ones in the spotlight are looters but that doesn't stain all of them and like the term "Private Placement" implies it is not for everybody so stop b@#$*ing and make some paper so that u can start getting invited to take part in such placements.

Cheers and see some of u up there, the rest of u have to work to keep us up there, cuz if there is no down how can there be up there grin grin grin grin cool
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by BTT(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2008
Tho I am still helpless with d MTN line I use, I 8 MTN. Period!

Howeva, I wnt us to kno there r LOTS of 'decent' Nigerians that can afford the placement at that cost, and even beyond.

This does not invariably mean that a lot of unclean hands wont dip their hands in MTN's mesh. Just wait and seeee

Too, lets remember that this is a private placement and NOT public offer. Dont worry, u will understand wen u get there.

We only pray that MTN transl8s whateva they make from that placement into QUALITY service; give us value 4 our kobos. That is the only duty it owes us - the public!

If MTN gets 2 read this, let her kno dat dat report on Glo now leading in d market share now makes alot of us happy, I think our serfdom and 'cabaltocracy' is ending afterall.

I wish u what u wish Nigerians. Gbam!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by ekiimogun(f): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2008
exactly the MTN private placement is NOT for everyone. It is for the select few who can afford it. Don't worry when MTN goes public in 3 yrs, you can just our club of MTN investors!
Re: So Much For The MTN Private Placement Offer! by SOJ(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2008
@all
Hmmm lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

I Need Egg Large Quantity In Lagos. / Odira Nicodemus Is A Thief. / Williamhill Withdrawal:please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.