Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,799 members, 7,837,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? (15683 Views)

I Will Commit Suicide If GEJ Wins The Election / A Perfect Reply To Asari Dokubo's Threat Of War If Gej Loses. / Would You Vote For Atiku In 2015¿ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Truckpusher(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
blink182: NO, there are more important things than power.

Health care
Energy
Security
Transportation
Job creation
Accepting resolutions drafted by the national assembly

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron
How many times have i warned you to stop smoking this thing?now look at the level of injury you've caused yourself and you seem to be talking from your yansh shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Chinom(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ama28: I really won't give him my vote come 2015 even if he improves electricity. His decision making and implementing strategy is zero, his anti corruption strategy zero. He has the zeal to make a change on electricity but if Obj had the same degree of zeal GEJ has on electricity, he would have improved it. I want a leader that can solve more problems and save lives. We have lost more lives in his tenure than that of most leaders of our time. No No No!!!! He has to go.

The big question is; Which leader? .IBB received over $12billion gulf oil windfall, ruled by military decree, had no wahala from any national assaembly populated by dimwits, could spend any amount of money where ever he wants to. OBJ was in a similar position the first time he ruled. Yet, nothing was done whatsoever to improve power supply.
We have to thank God for GEJ now. At least, he is serious about it.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
The reality is that GEJ cannot fix the power problem by 2015 and that will NOT make him a bad President. It is just not realistic. So we need to look for other measures of performance. Those key measures would in the main be around his promised transformation in the agriculture sector and jobs for our youth as well as tackling security. Naturally Nigerian would expect progress in the power sector with credible prospects for further improvement.
There is no way he can win in 2015 without the north.So when that time comes he will have to tell them why they should vote for him and how he has improved their lot

We do not elect people to reward them.We elect them for what we believe they will do in the future. If in 2015,his report card to date is credible and he presents a coherent plan going forward why not?
Didier Drogba is no longer at Chelsea today not because he did bad but because they believe his productivity was declining.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chinom:

The big question is; Which leader? .IBB received over $12billion gulf oil windfall, ruled by military decree, had no wahala from any national assaembly populated by dimwits, could spend any amount of money where ever he wants to. OBJ was in a similar position the first time he ruled. Yet, nothing was done whatsoever to improve power supply.
without holding fort for either IBB or Obasanjo( i am a fan of neither) during their tenure as Military rulers. Electricity supply was much better in the urban areas then because our population was low and demand was low too.Our population has nearly doubled since IBB's 1991 census.Oil prices now are 3x what they were then.

Many communities just did not have power in those days but those that did enjoyed much better supply than now.The post office worked as did many other things.It is also true that Obasanjo initiated the construction of the Largest Power plant in Nigeria till date located at Egbin and which was completed by Shagari.So it is not true to say " Yet, nothing was done whatsoever to improve power supply."

Coming to OBJ's term as a civilian president is another matter; quite a lot of money was wasted though a few of his projects have come on stream recently the truth is he showed poor understanding of the problem. However we cannot forget that Yar'adua/Gej have been in power 5 years and that time too like OBJ's appears to have been wasted after all they inherited 5000MW in 2007 and crashed it to less than 3000MW .
I am reluctant to just blame GEJ .One problem he has is lack of exposure and so when it comes to choosing ministers he is hamstrung by FEDERAL CHARACTER and lack of knowledge about individuals from outside his ethnic group,the same problem Yar'adua had so how can he choose ministers that will perform?.
Imagine what a minister was saying the other day about Youth Corpers.If he sacks him he probably has to appoint another person from the same state. How can we move forward in that situation?
Plus his party PDP is a huge liability to him and Nigeria.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
ayobase:

Can u give me A reason why he shouldnt be re-elected.
Who is gonna be ur choice?

It is rude to answer a question with question.
Answering you will rob you of new things you are supposed to.
I hope you learnt it already.
You just have to answer my question, Then I will not only answer your question, but also give you some tutorials.
Thank you.

In case you want us to still rub minds,
The question is "should improvement in power supply earn him an automatic re-election"?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chinom:

I think you should have thank Jonathan, Instead of God.
Jonathan gave you Power.
Let us see how consistent it will be When Kainji, Shiroro and other Dams recedes.
Hope you can be patient till November 2012 to May 2013.
I thank God with you.
God is the doer, not Jonathan.
Hope I am on the right page with you.(like jona is always on the same page with house of thieves).
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chinom:

You keep asking the wrong question and making the wrong insinuations. IBB was a military leader and so had no one to keep him in check. I don't believe you can compare his record to those of democratically elected Presidents who were bound by laws and regulations.

Again, Obasanjo, even though he also squandered much, built the power stations you are enjoying today. Under Jonathan, we have NOT complete any Power Stations and so any thinking person would immediately realize that it is sensible to understand where the power is coming from. It is coming from Power Stations that are just now going online, contracted and built over the years as a result of projects signed mostly during the Obasanjo years.

Yes, Jonathan may be serious or seem serious about Power, but is he also serious about other areas? Cause this country, last I checked is filled with human beings with so many needs that power is just one of the many issues that need to be tackled 24/7 in their lives. To the woman whose son lays dying in the local clinic, will 22 hours of electricity mean he will live? To the student who has a dream to be a doctor tommorow, will fixing the electricity problem ensure he will not enter the work force another 'uneducated' literate? To the man who has been in the job market since he graduated from college, will electricity bring him the job he has always wanted? To the poor living on less than $2 a day, will electricity mean more money for their feeding? To the famililies living in fear all across the nation, will electricity bring them security and peace of mind they crave??
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by oke225: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
Even though there is no electricity , I will still vote him because he is not a dictector like the previous presidents from the North.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
blink182: NO, there are more important things than power.

Health care
Energy
Security
Transportation
Job creation
Accepting resolutions drafted by the national assembly

most importantly, he should stop being a mo. ron
no health care witout power.. No energy witout power no security witout power ( how u wan see or trak pesn down u be winch) no jobs witout power abi na palm kernel dem go use create job? Transportation is on a whole new level abroad and yes with POWER.. What are u not talkin?? I'll vote for him if he makes it steady! #gbam
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Lamasta(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
sheringan: When boko boyclear us finish, I wonder who go use the electricity. Fowl them, make unah vote nah, if unah never all done die by then.
Why can't you reason before you type Man, anyway maybe na you boko boys go wipe no be us.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
Florrie: no health care witout power..

LIE 1: You can a thriving healthcare system without 24/7 Power supply. There are hospitals(mostly catering to international workers) in that country that have so far been able to survive in that same Nigeria in all this time. Of course 24/7 electricity will help but you can have a thriving healthcare system in place without electricity.

Florrie: No energy witout power no security witout power
That is not entirely true. What do you think the country has been running on all this while? teeth juice? Of course those generators that have been running all these years constitute energy and they have worked well so far. The Solar panels that have designed some streets in Lagos have yet to complain. That is energy. grin grin grin

Florrie: no jobs witout power abi na palm kernel dem go use create job?
LIE 2: Jobs can exist without 100% power. What do you think those who have been propping up our economy for years have been doing? Scrubbing their bums? grin grin grin grin Definitely it would be great to have 100% electricity but there is not enough of a reason to focus on just power, especially when you consider cost and how long it would really take to reach even 10% Power need, let alone 100%

Florrie: Transportation is on a whole new level abroad and yes with POWER.. What are u not talkin?? I'll vote for him if he makes it steady! #gbam
Again, not enough of a reason to vote back in a government that seems to be one dimensional. Power does not solve all things. We all know that in our private lives, but it is just that some you are too insincere to consider reality when you try to make your points, whatever they are.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Prestonvic(m): 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
yaaaaaaaaaaaa. I WILL VOTE FOR GOODLUCK!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by lif2uz(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
Yeske I will, I can even campaign for him.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Prestonvic(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
i will vote for GEJ
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Tattooboy: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
Acidosis: yes I will and even if he doesn't
because none of ur relative (that's if u av 1) has been victim of the bomb xplosions. @op why should a student pass with 1/10?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Johnsinia(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
Tattooboy: because none of ur relative (that's if u av 1) has been victim of the bomb xplosions. @op why should a student pass with 1/10?
shey na Gej dey cause d bomb abi. Senseless being.
Least i 4got, agboro boy just stapped sumbody knife 4 my area; Na Gej cause am.
A woman died of cancer; na Gej cause am.
An old man died naturally @ 80; na Gej cause am.
Dats hw a typical fool tinks.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
Johnsinia:
shey na Gej dey cause d bomb abi. Senseless being.
Least i 4got, agboro boy just stapped sumbody knife 4 my area; Na Gej cause am.
A woman died of cancer; na Gej cause am.
An old man died naturally @ 80; na Gej cause am.
Dats hw a typical fool tinks.

Like he said . . .
Tattooboy: because none of ur relative (that's if u av 1) has been victim of the bomb xplosions.
@op why should a student pass with 1/10?

These people are essentially wood to you because none of your loved ones have been blown to pieces in the same manner. If this is allowed to get worse than it already is, let's see what you will say when it arrives at your front door.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Chinom(m): 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

LIE 1: You can a thriving healthcare system without 24/7 Power supply. There are hospitals(mostly catering to international workers) in that country that have so far been able to survive in that same Nigeria in all this time. Of course 24/7 electricity will help but you can have a thriving healthcare system in place without electricity.

That is not entirely true. What do you think the country has been running on all this while? teeth juice? Of course those generators that have been running all these years constitute energy and they have worked well so far. The Solar panels that have designed some streets in Lagos have yet to complain. That is energy. grin grin grin

LIE 2: Jobs can exist without 100% power. What do you think those who have been propping up our economy for years have been doing? Scrubbing their bums? grin grin grin grin Definitely it would be great to have 100% electricity but there is not enough of a reason to focus on just power, especially when you consider cost and how long it would really take to reach even 10% Power need, let alone 100%

Again, not enough of a reason to vote back in a government that seems to be one dimensional. Power does not solve all things. We all know that in our private lives, but it is just that some you are too insincere to consider reality when you try to make your points, whatever they are.

Jesus Christ !!, how could you sink so low. These comments here are incredibly ridiculous. You have sold your thinking faculties to the dogs just for the sake of arguements. You're are a very self-absorbed person. Saying utter nonsense in a seemingly educated fashion. People like you are dangerous to the society.

2 Likes

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by mariousroi: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Clerverly: No! No!! and No!!!. I can not put up with another corrupt Government. Tufiakwa!!!

The government should have done much more in tackling Brazen corruption in this country.Femi Falana or Festus Keyamo should be heading EFCC not Policemen in my opinion.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
Chinom:

Jesus Christ !!, how could you sink so low. These comments here are incredibly ridiculous. You have sold your thinking faculties to the dogs just for the sake of arguements. You're are a very self-absorbed person. Saying utter nonsense in a seemingly educated fashion. People like you are dangerous to the society.

I challenge you. Put forth an intelligent (not more inane ramblings) rebuttal to any of what I posted there. Again, I DARE YOU.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Dondemmysky(m): 1:47am On Aug 10, 2012
If he likes let him make Naija talk of the world sef, he's not getting my vote. It's good riddiance to bad rubbish.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Beaf: 2:35am On Aug 10, 2012
mariousroi:

The government should have done much more in tackling Brazen corruption in this country.Femi Falana or Festus Keyamo should be heading EFCC not Policemen in my opinion.

I trust Festus Keyamo, but Femi Falana comes across as a corrupt man simply waiting for an opportunity.
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 10, 2012
Beaf:

I trust Festus Keyamo, but Femi Falana comes across as a corrupt man simply waiting for an opportunity.

Is he as corrupt as Mrs.Jonathan, the portly $13.5million hauling, #1 Ghost worker wife of Presido GEJ?

Or is he as corrupt as Presido GEJ himself, $30,000/day food muncher, head honcho and original Don Dada in charge of the biggest subsidy scam the world has ever witnessed?!
undecided
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by tewostm(m): 3:03am On Aug 10, 2012
Skii: The man is not inspiring as a leader jere, I dont think he has the charisma jo...ahn ahn, since all this while, the same look...He no dey see Fashola ni? Or Obama?
no way for him come 2015 grin
kingoflag:

Is he as corrupt as Mrs.Jonathan, the portly $13.5million hauling, #1 Ghost worker wife of Presido GEJ?

Or is he as corrupt as Presido GEJ himself, $30,000/day food muncher, head honcho and original Don Dada in charge of the biggest subsidy scam the world has ever witnessed?!
undecided
kingoflag:

undecided
kingoflag:

undecided
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by deb(m): 3:36am On Aug 10, 2012
I thought the independent power project started under OBJ? So, why the noise if GEJ complements on it to improve power supply. If there is anything I know, it is the fact that Nigerians are good at starting but sustainance and mainatenance culture are zero.

I choose not to be naïve, let's see how far this goes before we start singing the praise of mediocrity. If by 2014, electricity is not only maintaned but improved upon, I will sing GEJ's praise a little while I refuse to be blind to the massive and reckless looting in govt with impunity
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eaglechild: 4:30am On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I challenge you. Put forth an intelligent (not more inane ramblings) rebuttal to any of what I posted there. Again, I DARE YOU.

I have since done that, just go back about 2 pages and see my posts.
Ur arguement here is baseless and irrational!
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by eaglechild: 4:31am On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Truckpusher(m): 9:30am On Aug 10, 2012
lacasa:

God bless Ɣou.

Atleast with Ɣou, we ave few nigerians who actually кησω what is needed from a President wink
Birds of the same feather,what else can i say?
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by Kobojunkie: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2012
eaglechild:

You did that in your dreams? Abeg stop disturbing me with your inane thoughts. Gosh!! na by force to give you attention??
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by funkydoc(m): 11:08am On Aug 10, 2012
k
Re: If GEJ Improves Electricity, Will You Vote For Him In 2015? by koman: 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=blink182]NO, there are more important things than power.

Health care
Energy
Security
Transportation
Job creation
i tink ur d biggest slowpoke here if u dnt knw dat energy and power is d same thing.
No offence lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Playing Golf In Aba (Photos) / State Of Flooded Makurdi Road This Morning (pics) / "Nigeria’s Past Leaders Have No Right To Talk" - Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.