Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

A Cruel Way To Die!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Cruel Way To Die!! (2630 Views)

Cruel World!!! Two Girls Killed By Ritualist In Ikorodu / Kidnappers Chain Female Victim In An Inhumanly Cruel Condition / Drug Trafficking: 132 Nigerians Waiting To Die In China, Indonesia, Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cruel Way To Die!! by pdozie: 9:23am On Aug 08, 2012
There were no signs of any bad omen that Sunday, 29-Jul-2012. We all went to church after which my brother (Obinna) went to an errand in the airport. He was driving a toyota car. On his way back at Dopemu bridge, a lady driver somehow broke off his side mirrow. As usual they stopped to argue it out, and suddenly the lady driver, who had her boyfriend in the passenger sit and who was driving a Toyota Avlon car with REG number AR123CAL (Calabar) entered her car and drove off. Obinna who also had his good friend in his car, ran after them on foot, signalling to his friend to drive the car along. He caught up with the day and blocked her (Stood in front of her car) in a bid to force her to stop. The lady didn't!!. He smashed into him, but he managed to jump on her bonnet and held the wipers. The lady now drove fast, swerving the car until Obinna lost grip and fell. She climbed him with the tyres and he died on the spot!!! The lady didnt stop. She drive off. When his friend who drove his car came to the spot, he carried him to a nearby hospital in Akowonjo and he was confirmed dead.

As luck will have it, a navy man who was driving behind them and who witnessed what was happening, quickly parked his car and got an okada to purse the lady and her car. He scouted within the streets till he saw where she parked. He quickly challanged her, arrested her and the friend and took them to the nearby police station (Afoka - Shasha). In the Nigeria of today, I call the navy man a HERO!!!

Well, the police kept her in a cell and she was charged to the court 2 days after (Ikeja magistrate court) and she pleaded NOT GUILTY. Her lawyers applied for bail and she was granted bail.

Now this lady is about 26 yrs, a student of UNILAG. The car she was driving belongs to a pastor of Christ Embassy where she worships. Registered with the name Pastor Edem Ephraim - Ikoyi. The car is still with the police but its worthy of note that this pastor who we confirmed is in Lagos has not made any effort to condole with the family (knowing his car was used to kill).

I attached the picture of the deceased. I also have the picture of the lady and her primary/alternate addresses but because the case is in court, I will hesitate for now.

I havent seen this kind of heartlessness before. Even a fowl standing in front of your car compels you to stop, how much more a human being. Yes, my brother could have broke her own mirrow when he caugt up with her instead blocking her(But did he know he was dealing with devil himself? (Becasue I see no other explaination for such act). Even when we blame the devil, note that Devill only makes a home in any temple or body that opens the door for him. Its painful that this lady is a christian. Obviously not all christians are christians in practice.

Please be careful of the actions, decision and choices you make. Think before you make those decisions. You can imagine the pains of our Mother and dad who are both alive!!!!

Heavens will judge.

Re: A Cruel Way To Die!! by Tgirl4real(f): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2012
So sad
Re: A Cruel Way To Die!! by sylve11: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
so sad, but I won't dare stand in front of an oncoming vehicle, i won't no matter what. sad sad sad cool
Re: A Cruel Way To Die!! by hannydarl(f): 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
So sorry brother. I hope your family will find comfort among yourselves.
Re: A Cruel Way To Die!! by Jakumo(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2012
PDozie if that really is your brother then I suggest you take down the picture of his corpse. You could replace that gruesome image with a picture of the person while he was alive. You do his loved ones no favors by showing the tire-tracks on his dead torso.

Regarding the manner of this gentleman's death, it is suicidal to deliberately stand in the path of ANY vehicle, PARTICULARLY one operated by an angry person.

Daring someone to kill you with a car is about as foolhardy as a thoughtless act could get, and it ranks right up there with challenging an armed person to shoot, for sheer arrogant persumptiveness of the sort that would make Charles Darwin turn in his grave.

1 Like

Re: A Cruel Way To Die!! by omopreciou: 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
I sympathize with your parents! This is a great lesson for all; please don't dare anyone with your life! What is in a car mirror that you cannot replace? Note that no matter what happened, the dead person is at loss. The living has every right to defend herself; she may claim that your brother was suspected to be armed robber or a kidnapper trialling her! And I guess the jury may see some sense in her thought. Please lets always play safe with our lives; it gets no duplicate. Accept my sincere sympathy.

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Crime And Spiritual Implications / More Photos Man Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Osun And Was Pieces Like Cow Meat / Beheading Of Anambra Lawmaker: How DSS Arrested The 70-year-old Mastermind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.