Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed (8398 Views)

Igwe Aja Nwachukwu Is Dead! / Demolition Of Kidnappers Of Anambra's Monarch's House ( Pics) / Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'igwe Robert Eze' Freed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by eaglechild: 11:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
centje: One means of curbing this menace is to institute death penality and be serious abt it. Enugu state hv death penality for kidnappers. And its workin for the state. But as usually ppl wuld wnt to bribe their relatives out. This family must hv paid some ransom to his captors. The worse is that they dnt hv respect anymore,even priests are kidnapped,one day u hear they kidnapped a bishop.

The death penalty has really worked well in Enugu where i here kidnapping is virtually inexistent.

If u are referring to catholic priests, u should know that the catholic church does NOT negotiate with kidnappers so if a priest is kidnapped, the dioscece simply tells u to do with him what u wish(he's God's servant afterall). A smart move that abruptly nipped this act in the bud
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
mpumalanga:

They will touch the man because they are not like the two brothers in festac.
You know the story.

You mean like Chief Vincent Duru did to Ikechukwu Okonkwo at otokoto hotels
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by marabout(m): 1:08am On Aug 09, 2012
Thank God he came back safely.

But curious that the Igwe has a senior brother. In most ancient African ruling houses, the first son becomes king. That prevents fighting over the stool. With so much dispute over kingship these days... hmmm.
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by owobokiri(m): 6:17am On Aug 09, 2012
marabout: Thank God he came back safely.

But curious that the Igwe has a senior brother. In most ancient African ruling houses, the first son becomes king. That prevents fighting over the stool. With so much dispute over kingship these days... hmmm.

Obviously most of these igwes and ezes are recent inventions by the powerfull. I doubt if they attract as much respect as say an Oba or emir from their 'subjects'. My understanding is that in most part of Anambra, the moneybags crown themselves kings and so only attract as much respect as their wealth can stimulate.
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 09, 2012
collins123: Why do topics with less than 10 replies always make it to the front page?

[size=22pt]This is not #TRENDING![/size]

Yoruba man. Your innate hatred for Igbos and anything related to Igbo is something you need to wean yourself off. Can see your are already getting uncomfortable seeing this thread.
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by drealsirhid: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
south east? The land of rising kidnappers
grin
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by mpumalanga: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu:

You mean like Chief Vincent Duru did to Ikechukwu Okonkwo at otokoto hotels

All bad sha, but you own brother.
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by OneNaira6: 8:58am On Aug 09, 2012
Well that is good, Thank God for that. Welcome back Igwe
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by oduasolja: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2012
buhahhahaha. igbos no go kill persin.

una dey kidnap your own igwe .

buhahhhahahaa.

nah who kidnap igwe
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by oke225: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
our land is beeing turned into something else. Never any good news from nigeria.
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
Modelling:
sorry which priest did they kidnap n wher kiss
sorry which priest did they kidnap n wher
here's a link : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/kidnapp...
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
eaglechild:

The death penalty has really worked well in Enugu where i here kidnapping is virtually inexistent.

If u are referring to catholic priests, u should know that the catholic church does NOT negotiate with kidnappers so if a priest is kidnapped, the dioscece simply tells u to do with him what u wish(he's God's servant afterall). A smart move that abruptly nipped this act in the bud
The 'no negotiation wit terrorist approache' is the same tactics used by USA and its working for them
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by biafranqueen: 5:28am On May 03, 2013
My father said that Babangada striped the real Igwe's
owobokiri:

Obviously most of these igwes and ezes are recent inventions by the powerfull. I doubt if they attract as much respect as say an Oba or emir from their 'subjects'. My understanding is that in most part of Anambra, the moneybags crown themselves kings and so only attract as much respect as their wealth can stimulate.
Re: Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed by Dibiachukwu: 5:35am On May 03, 2013
biafranqueen: My father said that Babangada striped the real Igwe's
False! Babangida had and has no such power. Dethroning kings is toiling with the grassroots. You'll be burnt!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2012 Lagos Countdown: Biggest New Year's Eve Party In Africa / Nigerian Army Denies Secret Trial, Dismissal Of 203 Soldiers For Mutiny / Well Done! Kuku Receives US Honour For Amnesty Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.