Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,920 members, 7,824,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X (1301 Views)

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! / I Need Bayesla Native Names Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by Maz1987: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2012
My partner and I are expecting our third child. We know we are having a boy so just trying to find names to agree on. My partner is Yoruba so looking for a Yoruba first name. The family surname is Adekanye. Our daughters are Sade and Kemi so like the idea of a name resembling royalty or wealth. We need names that arent long/can be shortened like Folasade etc and also names that are reasonably easy for the english side to pronounce lol Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks x
Re: Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ok leme give u yoruba names.bolanle,yemisi,ronke,lanre,olamide,olumide,banke,folake,ashake,foluke,romoke,ayinke aramide,mojisola,ibukun,moyo,adekunle,temitope,adewale,laja,omolade,joke,arike,kike,keji,tunde,funmi,ayomide,ayodeji,tinuke,tomi,tosin,tobi,ola,busayo,omolayo.u can find some yoruba names here and shorten it.congrats
Re: Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by Maz1987: 12:20am On Aug 22, 2012
Wow thank you! Your input is appreciated smiley
Re: Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by camrygmail: 4:48am On Aug 22, 2012
kulyie: Ok leme give u yoruba names.bolanle,yemisi,ronke,lanre,olamide,olumide,banke,folake,ashake,foluke,romoke,ayinke aramide,mojisola,ibukun,moyo,adekunle,temitope,adewale,laja,omolade,joke,arike,kike,keji,tunde,funmi,ayomide,ayodeji,tinuke,tomi,tosin,tobi,ola,busayo,omolayo.u can find some yoruba names here and shorten it.congrats
Nice list but some of those names are not unisex so poster you may want to check with your spouse if a name you like from the list kulyie provided is unisex.

Congrats at maz.. For a boy I like Adeniyi, adeolu, adewunmi,adedamola, adebanjo, Adebiyi, Adebowale, adedeji, adeyemi...
Re: Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 22, 2012
camrygmail:
Nice list but some of those names are not unisex so poster you may want to check with your spouse if a name you like from the list kulyie provided is unisex.

Congrats at maz.. For a boy I like Adeniyi, adeolu, adewunmi,adedamola, adebanjo, Adebiyi, Adebowale, adedeji, adeyemi...
d names are unisex,poster should check whichever names she likes,som of dem r actually endearing names n prayerful names i.e lanre,olasubomi and all
Re: Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by Maz1987: 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sooooooooooo many names lol. We have come to like Ajani Olanrewaju as both names have strong meanings. Lanre was actually a suggested name by myself to partner as his name is olanrewaju. Such a hard choice! Our daughters names were easier lol. Only 12 weeks to find the perfect combo! It's so important that our son bears a Yoruba name and finding the right one is harder than pregnancy lol. Thank you so much xx
Re: Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 24, 2012
Maz1987: Sooooooooooo many names lol. We have come to like Ajani Olanrewaju as both names have strong meanings. Lanre was actually a suggested name by myself to partner as his name is olanrewaju. Such a hard choice! Our daughters names were easier lol. Only 12 weeks to find the perfect combo! It's so important that our son bears a Yoruba name and finding the right one is harder than pregnancy lol. Thank you so much xx
u welcome,y dont u give dem bible names (dats if ure a xtian) i.e david,joseph,steven etc or muslim names if ure a muslim like ahmed,abdulmalik,yusuf etc
Re: Having A Son And Need Names Please Help X by Maz1987: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
Our daughters have middle names in regard to our religion-ones grace the other elizabeth. Our son will also have a biblical middle name but we prefer to have a yoruba first name to follow tradition and for our children to appreciate their heritage x

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Women Scared Of 2nd Wives / Can You Marry A Lady Or Guy Whose Nude Picture Is Online? / Delight yourself in the comment box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.