Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? (92211 Views)

Re: Bantu/benue-congo/igbo Relationship. / Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? / The Bantu people descended from the Igbos of Nigeria: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by kwametut: 11:55am On Dec 19, 2015
Linda Johnson Rice (Editor and founder of EBONY MAGAZINE)- Luba people of DR Congo

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Ihuomadinihu: 11:57am On Dec 19, 2015
Why not go to your Bantu forum and educate your people that Bantu is not a race. The more you keep posting here,the more you come off as an idiott!
Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by kwametut: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2015
grin grin grin grin
BANTU MARKS LEFT IN USA.

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by kwametut: 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Ihuomadinihu: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
The Bantu post and pictures are not important or beneficial to Nigerians/West Africans. You keep struggling to be part of a Slavery record. Isn't that ridiculous and extremely preposterous?
Anyway, Bantu and their origins/relationship with West Africa is a common knowledge in the intellectual world. Everyother argument happening here is just a waste of time and energy.
Your post and pictures are very inconsequential and irrelevant among experts in this field! :DToo bad!

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by scholes0(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
The Bantu post and pictures is not important or beneficial to Nigerians/West Africans. You keep struggling to be part of a Slavery record. Isn't that ridiculous and extremely preposterous?
Anyway, Bantu and their origins/relationship with West Africa is a common knowledge in the intellectual world. Everyother argument happening here is just a waste of time and energy.
Your post and pictures are very inconsequential and irrelevant among experts in this field! :DToo bad!

The funniest part is that he is from South Africa, a country thousands of Miles from Northern Angola, which as the southernmost reach of Slavery.
The predominant YDNA haplogroup of all Niger Congo groups is E, and predominantly the subclade E1b1b.

It is preset in some sample African poplations in the following ratios

Bantoid Cameroon: 93.3%
Bamileke: 100%
Ghana: 92.3%
Mandinka: 79%
Igbo: 90.0%
Bantu (Gabon): 80.0%
Mossi (Burkina): 90.0%
Kikuyu (Kenya Bantu): 73.0%
Fon (Benin): 95.0%
Nande (DRC Bantu): 100%
Yoruba: 92.0%
Hutu (Rwanda Bantu): 83%
Senegalese: 81.3%

And someone is here claiming what does not exist... lol

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
I can't understand this person's fascination with the slave trade. He manages to change the discussion on any thread he jumps into into a discussion of how many Bantu were enslaved versus how many Southeastern Nigerians were enslaved.

He isn't even technically Bantu, Scholes. He is of Ghanaian ancestry. Appears his family emigrated to South Africa. I bet South Africans derogatively refer to him as Kwerekwere...as they do other West Africans.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by kwametut: 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
Scholes/Ihuwhatever
Dont make your WORRIES MY WORRIES. I never claimed Bantu as a race, but was happy to be partly Bantu and other. THIS LANGUAGE GROUP IS BIG BOTH IN AFRICA AND AMERICAS NUMERICALLY, IN SPORTS, FILM, POLITICS,BUSINESS ETC...THEY STAND OUT.

[quote author=scholes0 post=41146433]

The funniest part is that he is from South Africa, a country thousands of Miles from Northern Angola.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by kwametut: 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
Scholes/Ihuwhatever
Blacks South Africans had contacts with whites and that resulted in wars.
Only two cities practized slavery in S.A. by enslaving outsiders.

DUTCH EAST INDIA COMPANY 1658-1810 (Not Netherlands, SA was never a Dutch colony)

SA blacks have never sold each other to whites, Europeans imported slaves into Cape Town from Angola they die out due to cold weather, then import from Asia and Mozambique, other parts of East Africa like Zanzibar.

1820-1910 BRITISH RULE
British settlers arrived in S.A. in 1820s and settled in PE, where they met Xhosas(Ngunis like Zulus) and Khoisan.
By 1860s they reached Durban and imported slaves from India. BRITISH FOUGHT WITH BOERS (Mixture of German, Dutch,French,Scottish settlers and defeated them). Took over the whole of S.A. They employed black soldiers in some wars.

APARTHEID ERA 1948-1990
British handed political power to Boers and controlled the economy (banks and other big industries). Boer were relegated into farming.
Then they both decided to oppress all NON WHITES. Racial segregation started and Asians,Africans and coloureds lived side by side while all Europeans lived together, the Jews,Portugese,Italians,Greeks were look down by ANGLO-SAXON NAZI Apartheid era government.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Ihuomadinihu: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
We don't care about Bantu slaves or whatever trashy bantu contribution. Slavery is Evil,it is never an achievement. You should really be ashamed of yourself.
The most important thing is that African Americans don't create any divisions or associate with any bantu complex. They identify as African Americans only. For your information, Blair Underwood is Igbo via ''Paternal ancestry'' and a whole number of the people you posted their pictures have a combination of other African genes in them. Slave Lover!

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Ihuomadinihu: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
@Mr Slave We have finally been able to convince and teach you that Bantu is not a race but a linguistic group that left West Africa years ago. It's interesting how you now decided to compare and contrast the regions with the highest number of slaves,lmao.
Go and sit your Bantu ass down!

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Ihuomadinihu: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2015
scholes0:

The funniest part is that he is from South Africa, a country thousands of Miles from Northern Angola, which as the southernmost reach of Slavery.
The predominant YDNA haplogroup of all Niger Congo groups is E, and predominantly the subclade E1b1b.

It is preset in some sample African poplations in the following ratios

Bantoid Cameroon: 93.3%
Bamileke: 100%
Ghana: 92.3%
Mandinka: 79%
Igbo: 90.0%
Bantu (Gabon): 80.0%
Mossi (Burkina): 90.0%
Kikuyu (Kenya Bantu): 73.0%
Fon (Benin): 95.0%
Nande (DRC Bantu): 100%
Yoruba: 92.0%
Hutu (Rwanda Bantu): 83%
Senegalese: 81.3%

And someone is here claiming what does not exist... lol

I'm really laughing out loud.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by scholes0(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
Radoillo:
I can't understand this person's fascination with the slave trade. He manages to change the discussion on any thread he jumps into into a discussion of how many Bantu were enslaved versus how many Southeastern Nigerians were enslaved.

He isn't even technically Bantu, Scholes. He is of Ghanaian ancestry. Appears his family emigrated to South Africa. I bet South Africans derogatively refer to him as Kwerekwere...as they do other West Africans.

lmfao...
You know, I was actually wondering where the name Kwame came rom, I at first, I thought he was AA who just chose a Ghanaian name to celebrate his/her African roots, and then later did a DNA test which showed he was related to a Bantu speaking African group...
Then I went through his posts and discovered all his other anti Nigerian rhetorics, I started thinking he was actual SA bantu.

So he has Ghanaian ancestry? lol...... Trolls everywhere sha.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
scholes0:

lmfao...
You know, I was actually wondering where the name Kwame came rom, I at first, I thought he was AA who just chose a Ghanaian name to celebrate his/her African roots, and then later did a DNA test which showed he was related to a Bantu speaking African group...
Then I went through his posts and discovered all his other anti Nigerian rhetorics, I started thinking he was actual SA bantu.

So he has Ghanaian ancestry? lol...... Trolls everywhere sha.

He has explicitly said his father was Ghanaian in the past. There was one thread sometime in 2013 where he was moaning and railing against Nigerians for expelling Ghanaian immigrants in the 1980s. I won't be surprised if his family was affected by that expulsion order, and he is still butt-hurt about it, hence his anti-Nigeria tirades.

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
kwametut
Dont make your WORRIES MY WORRIES. I never claimed Bantu as a race, but was happy to be partly Bantu and other. THIS LANGUAGE GROUP IS BIG BOTH IN AFRICA AND AMERICAS NUMERICALLY, IN SPORTS, FILM, POLITICS,BUSINESS ETC...THEY STAND OUT.

True that!

And we are delighted to have you.

Ignore the haters.
Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by scholes0(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
Radoillo:

He has explicitly said his father was Ghanaian in the past. There was one thread sometime in 2013 where he was moaning and railing against Nigerians for expelling Ghanaian immigrants in the 1980s. I won't be surprised if his family was affected by that expulsion order, and he is still butt-hurt about it, hence his anti-Nigeria tirades.

Bahahaha!
It started becoming funny (and ridiculous) when he started saying that Oprah, Chris Rock, Trey Songz, Chris Tucker and some AA's with obvious white admixture didn't look 'West African" but looked "Bantu".... Lmfao.... What is the WA look? What is the Bantu look?
This Niggur was probably using his Paternal family members from Kumasi as a proxy yardstick for what all West Africans are supposed to look like or something. Because I know that even within Ghana it is well known that the Ewes of the Volta region many-a-times have a different look from the Akan groups.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by alanmwene: 10:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
scholes0:

Bahahaha!
It started becoming funny (and ridiculous) when he started saying that Oprah, Chris Rock, Trey Songz, Chris Tucker and some AA's with obvious white admixture didn't look 'West African" but looked "Bantu".... Lmfao.... What is the WA look? What is the Bantu look?
This Niggur was probably using his Paternal family members from Kumasi as a proxy yardstick for what all West Africans are supposed to look like or something. Because I know that even within Ghana it is well known that the Ewes of the Volta region many-a-times have a different look from the Akan groups.
your are typical west Africans Sudaneses:fake,resentful and hypocrits!
I can count 100threads on this forum about yorubas or igbos descendants in brazil,america.etc......100s of threads about how African-amercans descemd at 80% from igbos;how yorubas culture is the most dominant force in the Americas......How the Igbo race is the most intelligent and the most enterprising race in Africa....When it comes to glorifying your races,you claim all types of people as igbos or yorubas,but when bantus do the same thing,your resentful nature takes over.Bantus don't open threads about you,why are you so obsessed about bantus?The fact is bantus had ways more influence in the new world than all the rest of African races put together and we gonna celebrate that again and again.Their orishas put aside,yorubas had zero influence in the new world.Brazil isn't the country of orishas ,but the country of Samba(kongo) and everything about Brazilian esthetic (swagg,football,charisma,etcl....) Jamaicans are more congoleses than anything else and reggae has its roots in kongo music.Jazz,blue,tango,salsa,etc....are bantus creations.....and we are proud of that.You can console yourselves by thinking we are all the same,but we aren't!Be yourselves and be proud!Resentment and jealousy wont get you anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by MduZA: 1:51am On Dec 20, 2015
alanmwene:

your are typical west Africans Sudaneses:fake,resentful and hypocrits!
I can count 100threads on this forum about yorubas or igbos descendants in brazil,america.etc......100s of threads about how African-amercans descemd at 80% from igbos;how yorubas culture is the most dominant force in the Americas......How the Igbo race is the most intelligent and the most enterprising race in Africa....When it comes to glorifying your races,you claim all types of people as igbos or yorubas,but when bantus do the same thing,your resentful nature takes over.Bantus don't open threads about you,why are you so obsessed about bantus?The fact is bantus had ways more influence in the new world than all the rest of African races put together and we gonna celebrate that again and again.Their orishas put aside,yorubas had zero influence in the new world.Brazil isn't the country of orishas ,but the country of Samba(kongo) and everything about Brazilian esthetic (swagg,football,charisma,etcl....) Jamaicans are more congoleses than anything else and reggae has its roots in kongo music.Jazz,blue,tango,salsa,etc....are bantus creations.....and we are proud of that.You can console yourselves by thinking we are all the same,but we aren't!Be yourselves and be proud!Resentment and jealousy wont get you anywhere!

Nice

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by MduZA: 1:55am On Dec 20, 2015
Hate or love him,he rocks..thats kwametut for you;my home boy!
Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by scholes0(m): 5:49am On Dec 20, 2015
alanmwene:

[s]your are typical west Africans Sudaneses:fake,resentful and hypocrits!
I can count 100threads on this forum about yorubas or igbos descendants in brazil,america.etc......100s of threads about how African-amercans descemd at 80% from igbos;how yorubas culture is the most dominant force in the Americas......How the Igbo race is the most intelligent and the most enterprising race in Africa....When it comes to glorifying your races,you claim all types of people as igbos or yorubas,but when bantus do the same thing,your resentful nature takes over.Bantus don't open threads about you,why are you so obsessed about bantus?The fact is bantus had ways more influence in the new world than all the rest of African races put together and we gonna celebrate that again and again.Their orishas put aside,yorubas had zero influence in the new world.Brazil isn't the country of orishas ,but the country of Samba(kongo) and everything about Brazilian esthetic (swagg,football,charisma,etcl....) Jamaicans are more congoleses than anything else and reggae has its roots in kongo music.Jazz,blue,tango,salsa,etc....are bantus creations.....and we are proud of that.You can console yourselves by thinking we are all the same,but we aren't!Be yourselves and be proud!Resentment and jealousy wont get you anywhere![/s]

story for the gods ....
Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2016
We are not West Africans and we have nothing in common with you . stop forcing yourself on us

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Onilaiscool(f): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
We are not West Africans and we have nothing in common with you . stop forcing yourself on us
smiley
Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
What just happened here undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Ewanga: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
The story of the Wanga tribes kind of corroborates with the Oroko (Balondo-Balue-Bakundu) versions which somehow relate with the Bakweri. I am a Balue man from Cameroon, our history holds that Nambongo was the father of Ngoe a Mbongo, whose brother was Mbedi a Mbongo of the Duala. Ngoe is said to have fathered a good number of children one of whose descendants was a certain Naliomo, ancestor of the Bafaka people of Cameroon. I am a fifth generation descendant of King Ewanga, the grandson of Naliomo of Bafaka, also known as Bonaliomo. (It is interesting to note that among us descendants of Ewanga are referred to as Muwanga e.g Molindo Muwanga)
The Wanga claim of an Egyptian origin may be true given that we share certain cultural traits with ancient Kemet like the reverence of the Crocodile (Ngando) and the mummification of the dead. The name Makata also exists as some settlement areas in Oroko land and may be conjoining with our primordial ancestral deity, Mafanja Loba (now referred simply as (Obase/Owase wa) Loba or God).
Luhya - English – Swahili – Oroko

Nombi-i have constructed - Ndongi
Yaho- there – hapo – Wano/Wane
Shivuyi-Jerrican – mtungi -
Inguvu-clothes,- nguo – Mboti/Mekobo

Mboni-I am healed -,nimepona – Nongi
Ambele-he/she has given me,-amenipea – Ambeli/amberi
Etsa-Look,-angalia – Ene/ingo
Muliango- -door – Munia/muna
Mavuyu-egg – makei/makeu
Milembe- hallo -Salamu -
Ingo-Home,-nyumbani – ndabo
Lupanga- machete -panga – iwoh/ifanja
Lijembe- hoe -Jembe – jongo/longo

Mundu-a person,mtu – moto
Makura-Oil,- mafuta – mosoa
Shikombe-Cup, -kikombe – ngbonde
Amba-Nails,-kucha – kanda/nyanda
Shitabu-book - kalati
Ivedia-Radio – dikalo
Itsu-house – ikure/ndabo
Shiteli-Bed - linongo
Matuma-maize – mgbi

Tsingutsa-cabbage

Musala-Tree – mwele/bwele
vilao-shoes – mako/mbo
tsikwuyi-firewood – iyoli/iwoli
Isimu-Phone,simu
Vunyasi-grass,nyasi - esumbu
Ingokwo- chicken -kuku – kuba

Injira-road – njea/njia
Mabwoni-potatoes -
Maremwa-bananas -
Musatsa-A man – momana/mumana
Mwana-a child – nwana/mwana
Mukhali-A woman – mwali/nwali
Matsi-water – madiba/maliba/mariba

Libokisi-box – ebongo
Vusi-Unga - corn meal
Itivi-Television set
Isugari-sugar
Mulinjeti-blanket - elangiti
VUnyasi-grass
Makhayo-cooked maize and beans,pure,githeri
Inguleme-Pig - ngoa

Mikhonye-sugarcane - makoko
Machani-tea
Nguni-i am asleep,-nimelala – ngundi iyo/nange iyo
Navi-i have knitted,nimeshona – Na sili
Mukoye-kamba – rope – mokori/mukoli

Musahi-blood – makia/masia
Muchele-rice
Inda-stomach - nwea
Liswi-hair - nyonga

Vulwale-sickness/ugonjwa
Shisinjiru-bathroom
Mushele-grandmother/old woman – Motina/mbamba
Musakhulu-Old man - mokunwe
Mukhali-a mother – nyango/iya/moyali
Musatsa-a father – sango/tata/momana
Muyahi-young man – moleka/moutu
Mukhaa-young girl – ngondoh/muto

Ikavati-cupboard
Vusala-porridge
Isutsi-fish – ndondi/sue
Vwina-deep hole/shimo - eyoko

Imbuli-goat – mbodi/mboli/mbori/embori
Likondi-sheep – Molongi/mondongi
Linyonyi-bird/ndege - inoni
Nyasaye-Mungu/God – Obase/Owase/Mafanja Loba
Shivala-Earth/dunia – Wase/ monyele

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by Loluores: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
What is all this? Omo, una get time oh. Time to dey celebrate say na you carry first position for slavery. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? by XAUBulls: 1:46pm On May 11, 2023
PhysicsQED:
I don't think they were "influenced" at all, because the way I see it, diversification/differentiation of languages was the reason for the split of Bantu from non-Bantu and the Bantu languages are just a more recent unique subgroup of "Niger Congo" that attained a very large size/population of speakers.

Looking at the specific languages you mentioned (Yoruba, Edo, and Igbo), when either read or pronounced, they seem very different from (many) Bantu languages, and this difference (which is apparent not just for Yoruba, Edo, and Igbo, but for other West African languages) is probably why there was some initial resistance on the part of professional linguists to claiming that there was some sort of deep relationship between West African languages and Bantu languages, before they finally joined them. I believe there is a relationship, as attested to by the shared roots of several words, but this relationship doesn't mean that words shared between Bantu languages and non-Bantu West African languages are due to influence of one upon the other, but just that, sharing a recent origin in the same place, they diverged from a common root. However, some other language groups came from the same relatively recent common root as well.

A good example is the word you brought up in your original post, the word "omo/umu" meaning "people" or "children". Far from being a Bantu or Proto Bantu remnant/aspect of Niger-Congo languages that was derived in non-Bantu West African languages from "muntu" or variations on "muntu", I would actually see it as a remnant of an even older original language from which Niger Congo languages and Afroasiatic languages emerged. Look at the word and compare it with Hebrew and Arabic (Afroasiatic languages):

Yoruba:

omo - child (omo is also child for Edo and umu is child for Igbo)

Edo:

omwan - person

emwan - people

Igbo:

umunna - children/descendants (umu) of the same father (nna)

Arabic:

ummah - commmunity or nation

Hebrew:

ummah - nation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummah

There are other examples, of course. Another one: iya (Yoruba) - mother, nwanyi (Igbo) - woman/female, iye (Edo) - mother, eym (Hebrew) - mother

And there are others, though it would take quite a while to dig them all up.

There is a very fierce (kind of) debate I've come across that is still ongoing where some anthropologists and linguists are trying desperately to "separate" Afroasiatic from other African language groups and group Proto-Afroasiatic with proto-Indo-European or just consider Afroasiatic an isolated language family separate from other African language groups - and part of this debate revolves around (not always explicitly, but it's a relevant factor) whether one specific group, the Egyptians, are to be seen as some unique East African group with Western Asiatic influence or as some kind of "racially" Middle Eastern/Semitic/Western Asiatic group with East African influence - an argument which I don't think that those trying to change/distort the existing classification will win in the end. You can't just have Yorubas, Edos, and Igbos, totally and undoubtedly black African groups, sharing some roots for very fundamental words (not obtainable through trade) with some Semitic languages without Proto-Afroasiatic sharing the same ultimate origin with Proto-Niger-Congo. The weird thing about the debate is that it is rarely acknowledged that human languages are not discrete, but form a kind of continuum with languages in between different extremes or endpoints with respect to different aspects/features and words, so classifying a language as being closer to one group than another does not really cordon off that group into a "separate" branch of humanity like some people involved in that debate are making it seem. At the end of the day, every group is just a subgroup of an older original group until you go back to the very start of humanity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / Igbo Attire And Its Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.