Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! (28865 Views)

Dstv Pvr-hd Plus Extra View For #25000 Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by uzoo: 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
ever since i installed the hd pvr decoder that allows for extra VIEW,I tell you its been h

problems up on problems, the secondary decoder connected to the bedroom freezes and then displays a silly message like this "EXTRA VIEW ALERT! WAITING FOR COMMUNICATION FROM PRIMARY DECODER, bla bla bla bla bla

I have had two different technicians from DSTV office come to fix it at different occasions almost 10 times now just after they step out of the house the damn thing freezes again, GOD knows i've call DSTV customer care over 50 times concerning this issue and they keep saying stupid things like this" we are sorry about that ,we will send signal to your decoder in a few minutes " and then the program starts to show again for
2 minutes and then its frozen again. sometimes it stays frozen for days. I have taken the decoder to their offices more than 3 times to fix the problem which they say is not from the decoder to,that the decoder is fine, but when you get home it starts to freeze again.

I'm not going to subscribe to their services any longer, and in my opinion I think MULTICHOICE is just ripping people off and not providing services paid for. anyone who has had such horrible experience as this should please stop patronizing them.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by Castos(m): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hey sweety, go get DSTV HD its problem free and i dont think u need all those pause and pley tricks, u're too old for that shit.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by olenyi: 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
@uzoo.
If the machine gets to work perfectly at dia office but freezes wen u get home, i suggest u change the LNBF and also discard all the wires and get new wires and re-wire the whole set-up. From the dish to the com-port (rf in, rf out)wires. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by uzoo: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2012
Castos: Hey sweety, go get DSTV HD its problem free and i dont think u need all those pause and pley tricks, u're too old for that shit.

first off, if you tlook time to understand the first thing I wrote on the post, you will find out that I said " hd pvr "

and secondly, the problem is from the secondary decoder(tiny silver colour decoder) which gets its signal from the primary decoder which is the main HD PVR

please read carefully and post solutions, no need to act like smart ass.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by uzoo: 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
olenyi: @uzoo.
If the machine gets to work perfectly at dia office but freezes wen u get home, i suggest u change the LNBF and also discard all the wires and get new wires and re-wire the whole set-up. From the dish to the com-port (rf in, rf out)wires. Hope it helps.

w
the dstv technician did all that even bought a whole set of new wires and had to re wire it all over again without joining wires,still same problem.
but now you mentioned the LNBF it means that if that LNB thing on the dish its the problem then the main PVR decoder will not even receive any signal in the first place,but as it is I don't have any problems with the PVR decoder which is the main connection that the small decoder gets its signal from. the problem But I have is from the small silver decoder.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by olenyi: 4:00am On Aug 10, 2012
can u state ur location. Or better still, look for the main multichioice office around ur place or a multi choice SUPER DEALER OFFICE, not dis ordinary dealers or retailers. They will attend to u promptly and efficiently. In situations like this, these retailers may not be able to help u. It might a reset of the xtra view settings. In Enugu for instance, dia's a multichoice office and also a super dealer office dat attends to customer complaints. Hope u find this helpful.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by uzoo: 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
olenyi: can u state ur location. Or better still, look for the main multichioice office around ur place or a multi choice SUPER DEALER OFFICE, not dis ordinary dealers or retailers. They will attend to u promptly and efficiently. In situations like this, these retailers may not be able to help u. It might a reset of the xtra view settings. In Enugu for instance, dia's a multichoice office and also a super dealer office dat attends to customer complaints. Hope u find this helpful.

Location is lekki, lagos, latest update ;
I was at their office on tiamiyu savage street in Victoria island with the two decoders, this is because the dstv customer care person I spoke to on the phone said there could be a problem with the decoders and he asked me to take it to their lagos office in v.I which is their main office, not dealership, for a swap.
Well on getting there they tested the decoders and thy were fine it was left to run for about 40 mins, and the screen neverfroze .

Now as I speak my TV screen on the secondary decoder is frozen since yesterday I got back.
I called the customer care again, and they said someone from their technical department will give me a call in the next hour ( that was yesterday. ) to get my address and send someone from their office to check out the problem. I am sill waiting for their call.

This is frustrating!!!!!
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by olenyi: 7:36am On Aug 11, 2012
Change the lnbf. My candid advice. Just to rule it out. i believe its a dual view lnbf. Just change it or use another one to test ur set up. one of the port might be faulty for all we know. Dat the HD is working well doesn't rule out any fault wit the second port. Or as i suggested earlier, interchange the lnbf wires just to be sure

1 Like

Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by uzoo: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
here's the latest on the xtra view

the dstv technician came over yesterday ( finally) and worked on the secondary decoder,
so far its been fine. he said the problem wasa soft ware issue.

but he did mention that i need to get a booster that allows the smaller decoder to function as the hd , fingers crossed. hope it stays fine.
and no more alert messages.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by Kekekenny(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2012
i was even planning to go for this extra view stuff yesterday but due to some reason k own to me i couldnt made it.i think i need to waiting till they provide solution to ds one.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by uzoo: 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2012
well i got the booster today ,hope everything stays fine
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by olenyi: 10:45am On Aug 18, 2012
@kekekenny.
This shouldn't stop u. I've been making use of 3 different extra view decoders for the past two and half years and i've never had a cuase for complaint. Cheers
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by bidey: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2012
Guys, i need dstv decoder anybody interested in selling decoder around oshogbo should contact me
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by lasunray(m): 8:58am On Feb 09, 2013
my Dstv decorder keeps sayin smart card inserted upside down...Bla bla bla bla. I ve bin to their office on two several occasions. but was told its not my smart card but decorder, so i'd ve to swap it. a friend told me d smart card can be repaired. pls who knows where I can repair it?
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by pofolo(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2013
@ UZOO,
what actually happened to your secondary decoder was its lnb skewness.
if the lnb is not skewed properly, the secondary decoder will not connect to the pry and signal port if the pry is placed on a station that have a different tp polarity from the channel the pry is on.
Guess that was what the last technician did.................
be rest assured, if its not freezing again, then its ok.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by pofolo(m): 11:15am On Feb 09, 2013
lasunray: my Dstv decorder keeps sayin smart card inserted upside down...Bla bla bla bla. I ve bin to their office on two several occasions. but was told its not my smart card but decorder, so i'd ve to swap it. a friend told me d smart card can be repaired. pls who knows where I can repair it?

remove your smartcard from the decoder.
try blow some dry air into the box.
clean the chip edge of the smartcard.
turn ur decoder upside down, give it like five gentle lashes( abara )......until it shows e04 error on the screen.
then insert ur smartcard.

best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by lasunray(m): 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
pofolo:

remove your smartcard from the decoder.
try blow some dry air into the box.
clean the chip edge of the smartcard.
turn ur decoder upside down, give it like five gentle lashes( abara )......until it shows e04 error on the screen.
then insert ur smartcard.

best of luck.
done that sir. same issue.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by emamos: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2013
Same
Kekekenny: i was even planning to go for this extra view stuff yesterday but due to some reason k own to me i couldnt made it.i think i need to waiting till they provide solution to ds one.
Kekekenny: i was even planning to go for this extra view stuff yesterday but due to some reason k own to me i couldnt made it.i think i need to waiting till they provide solution to ds one.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by twinskenny(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2013
when it come to extra view issue.. u have to get in a real technician not only from dstv.... the problem might be cable, connectors, or electricity interference... i had in the past solved this kind of issues for my client but i tell u not a moinmoin stuff.. cos u have to start detecting what could be the problem one after the other..
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by uzoo: 9:30am On Jun 20, 2013
twinskenny: when it come to extra view issue.. u have to get in a real technician not only from dstv.... the problem might be cable, connectors, or electricity interference... i had in the past solved this kind of issues for my client but i tell u not a moinmoin stuff.. cos u have to start detecting what could be the problem one after the other..

i quite agree with you..

you name it ... i have done it all, even called the contractors that built the house and did the wiring in the wall to work with the technician from dstv and find out what the problem is.

well all i do is just the damn thing off when it starts to display the error message. Really fed up.
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by twinskenny(m): 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
uzoo:

i quite agree with you..

you name it ... i have done it all, even called the contractors that built the house and did the wiring in the wall to work with the technician from dstv and find out what the problem is.

well all i do is just the damn thing off when it starts to display the error message. Really fed up.

where is ur location? maybe i can help
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 05, 2017
Please i need help. I bought a DSTV HD decoder
Re: Dstv Extra View Alert Issues,help!!!!!!!!! by Charlie153: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2022
Solve all the problems with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGwye-lfzg0

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Over 2500 Satellite Tv Channels On Your Pc For Free / INVERTER & SOLAR WORLD (online Discount Sales And Supplies) / Video Skit Cele Comedy Episode 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.