Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Scared Of The Future. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scared Of The Future. (1321 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of The Future. by hotchamalah(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
There dis is girlfriend of mine we use to be very close way back,she is beautiful,intelligent,and full of lovely ideas,she is a good writer,she is a good fashion design,she has great ideas in photography, she was just lovely and full of life,she later got a well paid job with a bank,got her self a nice car,moved out of our neighbourhood to a nice place n even got married.I met her yesterday and I was shocked,she still look good but it was like. I was talking to another person she was so stressed out and lacked interest in what was going on around her,she told me she hated her job,that the job has taken every strength,joy,dreams and aspirations out of her,she said only thing she thinks about is how to meet her target and also she lives in the constant fear of been sacked.she was really a shadow of her formal self.she's scared of resigning cos she scared of the future.
Re: Scared Of The Future. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
So... What do we do??
Pick up a cutlass and fight her fears for her?
She should better start up something, no matter how petty it is.
Advise her, she should start up something she can lean back on, so she doesn't send herself to d grave.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of The Future. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of The Future. by EfemenaXY: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
@ Poster, unfortunately that is the way it is with banking jobs. Same thing here in the UK, if not more.

What your friend is going through is stress and boderline depression, caused by the excess pressure from work to achieve her targets. Advice her to try and take some time off work, step back and try to re-evaluate her priorities in life. She also needs to speak to her doctor as depression is an illness, not readily acknowledged because of the stigma attached to it.

She should also, as suggested by CC, discuss this with her husband too.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of The Future. by hotchamalah(m): 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: @ Poster, unfortunately that is the way it is with banking jobs. Same thing here in the UK, if not more.

What your friend is going through is stress and boderline depression, caused by the excess pressure from work to achieve her targets. Advice her to try and take some time off work, step back and try to re-evaluate her priorities in life. She also needs to speak to her doctor as depression is an illness, not readily acknowledged because of the stigma attached to it.

She should also, as suggested by CC, discuss this with her husband too.
thank you soo much
Re: Scared Of The Future. by 234GT(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
Tell her to resign her job.
Re: Scared Of The Future. by tjskii(f): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2012
Yup I agree wth above poster,she shud resign,I went thru similar stress myself cos of dis bank target issue,twas horrible,ud be insulted evryday at meetings,wakin up evryday wth fear and trepidation,some top peopl ur lookin at to meet ur target wud ask Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ to av sex wth dem 1st(tel me Ђ☺w̶̲̥̅̊ many men can Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ sleep wth,and dia sleepin wth Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ dosnt guuarantee thyl giv Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ d money o,abi did they write an undertakin to giv Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ money for sex)d most annoyin thing is dt dis money stil remains theirs to do as they wish,d thing even gathers intrst sef,so wats d point,its a diff thing if ur sellin ur body for money at least dt way Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ kno d money is urs. Abeg mak she resign sharply,ther r peopl wtht jobs who r stil survivin

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of The Future. by hotchamalah(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2012
tjskii: Yup I agree wth above poster,she shud resign,I went thru similar stress myself cos of dis bank target issue,twas horrible,ud be insulted evryday at meetings,wakin up evryday wth fear and trepidation,some top peopl ur lookin at to meet ur target wud ask Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ to av sex wth dem 1st(tel me Ђ☺w̶̲̥̅̊ many men can Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ sleep wth,and dia sleepin wth Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ dosnt guuarantee thyl giv Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ d money o,abi did they write an undertakin to giv Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ money for sex)d most annoyin thing is dt dis money stil remains theirs to do as they wish,d thing even gathers intrst sef,so wats d point,its a diff thing if ur sellin ur body for money at least dt way Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ kno d money is urs. Abeg mak she resign sharply,ther r peopl wtht jobs who r stil survivin
so how has life been after you resigned?the fear of the future is enslaving so many people doing dis bank job.
Re: Scared Of The Future. by tjskii(f): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2012
Life has been good o,though I stayed jobless for bout 7months,but I used to wake up each morning with a twinkl in my eye and a spring in my steps cheesy

1 Like

Re: Scared Of The Future. by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2012
tjskii: Life has been good o,though I stayed jobless for bout 7months,but I used to wake up each morning with a twinkl in my eye and a spring in my steps cheesy

try going jobless for years and come back to tell us if that twinkle is still there. . .
Re: Scared Of The Future. by tjskii(f): 5:35pm On Aug 17, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy when therz life ders hope jor,don't come and rain on my parade

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of The Future. by hotchamalah(m): 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2012
tjskii: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy when there life ders hope jor,don't come and rain on my parade
you are right joh,life does not end with bank job.the problem is that most bankers think if they resign they won't be able to manage dr standard of living becos of the fat pay,but I believe job satisfaction and peace of mind is key,n dr loads of opportunity out dr,like u quoted once drs life drs hope
Re: Scared Of The Future. by Chubhie: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2012
hotchamalah: There dis is girlfriend of mine we use to be very close way back,she is beautiful,intelligent,and full of lovely ideas,she is a good writer,she is a good fashion design,she has great ideas in photography, she was just lovely and full of life,she later got a well paid job with a bank,got her self a nice car,moved out of our neighbourhood to a nice place n even got married.I met her yesterday and I was shocked,she still look good but it was like. I was talking to another person she was so stressed out and lacked interest in what was going on around her,she told me she hated her job,that the job has taken every strength,joy,dreams and aspirations out of her,she said only thing she thinks about is how to meet her target and also she lives in the constant fear of been sacked.she was really a shadow of her formal self.she's scared of resigning cos she scared of the future.
Tis a classic move by those banks.They give you all the comforts elevate you to a whole new standard that will be difficult for you to maintain once you leave the bank......They buy you psychologically,emotionally and time wise.....But hey i dont blame em i blame a system that have configured the minds of the youth right from the ivory tower to always be a ready made tools in the hands of some elect few. Life is too short to waste slaving around....Find something doing that makes you happy....Or you have yourself to blame when the banks leave you high and dry.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10: Tips For Better Sex / Why Divorce When You Can Fix That Troubled Marriage? / What Of If You Discovered You Were Charmed To Marry Your Husband/wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.