Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers (12108 Views)

New Craze In Town- Ladies Retaining Their Fathers Name After Marriage / 40% Of First Borns Are Not From Their Fathers- Dna Expert Reveals / Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by venorite(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2013
I am in my sis's house with her family. She has two beautiful girls. Have noticed that when her husband commands the older one, she will obey sharply but when her mum tells her to do something, she won't even move. She will stay there and even if the mother threatens to beat her, she won't even shake.growing up for me was quite a story cos I was brought up to be scared of dad but me and mum are pals..so my question, why are kids scared of their fathers more than their mothers...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2013
Not in all cases Op. I am more relaxed with my dad than with my mum. He is a very tolerant and easy going guy. But for those who fear their fathers I think it is because they are not as close to their dads as they are with moms, their dads are stricter with them, and so on and so forth.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by SisiKill1: 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
Guess it's bash-a-mom's day today.

@ OP
Maybe because the mothers are the only ones tasked with doing all the day to day hard work of child rearing, the kids have gotten immune to their mom's threats and her voice is now like wind in their ears.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by venorite(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Guess it's bash-a-mom's day today.

@ OP
Maybe because the mothers are the only ones tasked with doing all the day to day hard work of child rearing, the kids have gotten immune to their mom's threats and her voice is now like wind in their ears.
I guess ure right but my niece is closer to her dad than her mum, but when her dad say do this, she does it sharply
Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by Gambrosia: 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
Because fathers are sterner and society frowns at aggressive women like moi. grin
Even on this NL, dem say I nor dey behave like woman even with toto complete!!! grin
RRRRRUBBISH!!!!

You are only supposed to be a submissive, PHOCKING, breeding machine with no brains and a whole lotta LOW SELF-ESTEEM.

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
The reverse was the case while growing up. grin
Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by coogar: 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
Gambrosia: Because fathers are sterner and society frowns at aggressive women like moi. grin
Even on this NL, dem say I nor dey behave like woman even with toto complete!!! grin
RRRRRUBBISH!!!!

You are only supposed to be a submissive, PHOCKING, breeding machine with no brains and a whole lotta LOW SELF-ESTEEM.

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!!!!!

stop lying to us......
you are a subservient wife who sits where your husband asks you to sit. women who are really hot-tempered don't boast about it. naturally, they are not even proud of it cos the anger in them is uncontrollable no matter what they do to curb it. only toddlers in their diapers would believe 1% of the things you say here. as for me, i just see you as an entertainer - something akin to baba sala or baba suwe.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by slimyem: 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
because men represent authority in the home...in most cases and it is only natural that you hold authority in high regard consciously or not.undecided
Re: Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
coogar:

stop lying to us......
you are a subservient wife who sits where your husband asks you to sit. women who are really hot-tempered don't boast about it. naturally, they are not even proud of it cos the anger in them is uncontrollable no matter what they do to curb it. only toddlers in their diapers would believe 1% of the things you say here. as for me, i just see you as an entertainer - something akin to baba sala or baba suwe.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

My Brother Raped My 11 Years Old House Help / Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry / Domesticating Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.