Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Odumosu Places Last, Awards Herself A Medal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odumosu Places Last, Awards Herself A Medal (925 Views)

Ivoirian Murielle Ahoure, First African Woman To Win A Medal In 100m Final / Ajoke Odumosu Places Last In Women's 400M Hurdles / Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odumosu Places Last, Awards Herself A Medal by Germannig: 12:34am On Aug 09, 2012
Odumosu places last, awards herself a medal

On August 8, 2012 · In London Olympics

9:58 pm

Nigeria’s big hope of saving face in track and field crashed after Joke Odumosu placed last in the 400m Hurdles final.

She followed the footsteps of Blessing Okagbare who gave so much hope in the heats but placed last in the 100m final following injury.

Joke was also sensational in the semifinal, setting a national record with a 54.40 seconds outing. She enjoyed good rating after the semi-final. But like Blessing, rather than improve on her semi final time she dropped, running 55.38 to place last.

Antyukh Natalilya of Russia won the gold in 52.70 while Demus Lashinda of USA earned the silver medal with 52.77 seconds. Hejnova Zuzana of Czech Republic was the bronze winner in 53.38.

“I hit the hurdle the first hurdle and lost balance. I’m not disappointed. I wanted to win but it didn’t happen. I ran in the final of an event in the Olympics. I was the only African in that event. For me that’s a medal. Hurdles is very technical and the moment

I hit the first hurdle it was over for me although I fought hard to recover. To be honest with you, I’m happy with myself and the way I ran. But for what happened it probably could have been different. But that’s sports for you. I’m feeling good.”
Re: Odumosu Places Last, Awards Herself A Medal by Germannig: 12:35am On Aug 09, 2012
May be they should organize an African olympic where she can get a medal. Local champion.
Re: Odumosu Places Last, Awards Herself A Medal by rume(m): 1:34am On Aug 10, 2012
Germannig: May be they should organize an African olympic where she can get a medal. Local champion.
I hate comments like this!
She is the Nigerian, African and Commonwealth champion. Now, more than 54 nations compete at the commonwealth games. How is she a local champion? She made it to the olympic finals, that's 8th best amongst 32 of those who were chosen to represent their countries at the olympics.
Don't get me started on you!
Go do some research...
Re: Odumosu Places Last, Awards Herself A Medal by Murphy7h4: 1:54am On Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Z.ibrahimovic Stirs Up Controversy Over Ballon D'or Selection... / Accept Failure But Don’t Accept Not Trying - Success Story Of Michael Jordon / Atiku Abubakar Is A Die Hard Arsenal Fan- Wears Ozil Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.