Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Batery Life Reducing. HELP! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Batery Life Reducing. HELP! (815 Views)

Tips: Reducing Your Data Usage On Android Smartphones / I Need A Laptop Batery (toshiba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Batery Life Reducing. HELP! by olempe(m): 7:39am On Aug 09, 2012
I got my brand new HP630 laptop in February and I installed a ba3 bar application on it whch shows the ba3 life when charging and wen power's off.

The ba3 used to show 4hr after it's fully charged as at that time, but later it reduced to 3hrs:30mins. But on July 2nd, I went to NYSC camp and left the laptop with my younger bro, by the time I came back last week, the ba3 life has reduced to 2hrs:30mins, on Monday 2hrs:22mins, as at yesterday it has reduced to 2hrs:18mins...

I hope my 6months olds brand new ba3 is nt dying.. Help needed on the cause and what I could do.
Thanks gurus in the house.
Re: Batery Life Reducing. HELP! by olempe(m): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2012
Where are all the gurus and engineers in here...
Re: Batery Life Reducing. HELP! by deji2009(m): 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
olempe: I got my brand new HP630 laptop in February and I installed a ba3 bar application on it whch shows the ba3 life when charging and wen power's off.

The ba3 used to show 4hr after it's fully charged as at that time, but later it reduced to 3hrs:30mins. But on July 2nd, I went to NYSC camp and left the laptop with my younger bro, by the time I came back last week, the ba3 life has reduced to 2hrs:30mins, on Monday 2hrs:22mins, as at yesterday it has reduced to 2hrs:18mins...

I hope my 6months olds brand new ba3 is nt dying.. Help needed on the cause and what I could do.

google hp battery test and follow the instruction to test your battery
Re: Batery Life Reducing. HELP! by semid4lyfe(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
olempe: I got my brand new HP630 laptop in February and I installed a ba3 bar application on it whch shows the ba3 life when charging and wen power's off.

Me thinks the battery app gave you a false result as a 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (which I assume came with your HP630) will last for max 3hrs (could be less depending on the running applications and how CPU intensive they are).

Battery life decreases with use and IMO, your battery life dropping from 3hrs when fully charged to 2hrs:18mins after six months of use is not abnormal. Also, the "I pass my Neighbour Generator" is not good for charging laptop battery as it reduces the battery life so if you're using that please STOP.

All in all, use & enjoy your lapy and when it's battery life is less than 1hr, or it can't hold a charge anymore. . .get a 12 Cell Lithium battery that will last 6hrs.
Re: Batery Life Reducing. HELP! by olempe(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
Thanks y'all...
Re: Batery Life Reducing. HELP! by slimming: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
One of the way to save your battery life is to unplugged when fully charged and sometimes allow the battery to go flat.
Re: Batery Life Reducing. HELP! by engrhamid(m): 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
slimming: One of the way to save your battery life is to unplugged when fully charged and sometimes allow the battery to go flat.
Simply calibrating your laptop battery and not plugging to the Mains always...

(1) (Reply)

gh / Need A Compaq 615 Motherboard New One I Mean / How To Tell If Your Computer Is Male Or Female

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.