Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,341 members, 7,850,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

Balarabe Musa To Jonathan: You’re Not Fit To Tackle Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Balarabe Musa To Jonathan: You’re Not Fit To Tackle Boko Haram (1646 Views)

Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / INEC Manipulating PVCs To Favour Buhari, Says Balarabe Musa / Sheikh Gumi To Jonathan: You’re Divisive; Drop Your 2015 Reelection Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Balarabe Musa To Jonathan: You’re Not Fit To Tackle Boko Haram by tintingz(m): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
The Chairman of the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP), Alhaji Balarabe Musa yesterday said President Goodluck Jonathan is mishandling the Boko Haram insurgency.
Musa, who spoke at a news conference in Abuja, said all indications show that “he cannot deal with the menace”.
He said: “Federal Government under the leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan is mishandling the matter because it shouldn’t take us so long to know the Boko Haram sect. Are they an Islamic movement or agents of destruction?Up till now, Nigerians cannot determine because their greatest symbol is defined by the bombing. The matter has become so serious that by now, particularly with the amount of money voted for security, one quarter of the budget. The government does not have the capacity.
“The President was not forced to say that there is Boko Haram in his government. How can you say that there is BokoHaram in your government and yet you cannot identify them and deal with them to satisfy Nigerians? You cannot contain them with the bad development.
“And even this talk on dialogue, you as the president you are more responsible than the leaders of Boko Haram as far as the country is concerned. The responsibility is on you to initiate dialogue which you have accepted, however, difficult it is. And it is not impossible for government to know the leaders of the Boko Haram that can be dialogued with.
“I have made several suggestions that let us assume that Boko Haram has legitimate claim of representing Muslims, then in Nigerian right now Christians and Muslims leaders are talking among themselves, they are taking positions on the side of the people both Muslims and Christians. Why can’t thepresident depend on them? To help him determine whether Boko Haram is a legitimate Islamic movement or an agent of doom and I know it, I am 76 years old and I have been active in the politics of Nigeria and I know Christian and Muslim leaders are capable of advising the president on Boko Haram insurgence. And if he relies on them, it will kill two birds with one stone.
“What is the point of relying on his advisers who are politicians and are partisan? I am not saying that he should not rely on them but as it is now, Goodluck Jonathan is not sure of his security. His advisers are advising him wrongly. They are not giving him good advice to tackle the Boko Haram insurgence. Boko Haram is not the only security problem. Nobody is calling on him to resign but it is up to him to decide.
“But my concern is that, his resignation and impeachment will not solve the problem. Kogi now is the latest massacre and the way it is going, it may be disastrous. May be it may spread to other states like Cross River or Port Harcourt or Abuja. There is insecurity across the country.”
On the governors calling for state police, Musa said they do not have good intentions.
The CNPP boss said: “The governors are not helping matters. If the governors are as determined and committed as the Second Republic governors, we will not have this level of insecurity. The problem on the president would have been less. Because the governors are very close to the situation but they want when it comes to their states they start crying.
“The moment we have state police the governors will use it against the opposition political parties and none indigenes. We know this. Let us continue to have Nigerian police. Even now we can still praise the police and the Military because they are still sacrificing their lives for others. With this Boko Haram insurgence, how many of the politicians are killed daily?”
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/56960-balarabe-musa-to-jonathan%3A-you%E2%80%99re-not-fit-to-tackle-boko-haram.html
Re: Balarabe Musa To Jonathan: You’re Not Fit To Tackle Boko Haram by Detongue: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
Baba u have spoken well but u have to also direct ur advice to ur northern leaders, who we know are behind/sponsors of dis demons call boko haram

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Funeral. Gani Adams Played It Safe. PIC / Mobile Number Portability Debate-beyond Comedy / I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.