Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? (2433 Views)

PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / Amaechi, Pastor Bakare, And Farouk Adamu On Buhari's 18 Man Delegation To The US / Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by pokkadot: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
The Pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde BAKARE is synonymous with controversy and activism. In recent times he has come his position as a pastor has come under scrutiny following his veering into politics by accepting to be the Vice Presidential candidate to Muhammed Buhari, a staunch Muslim under the umbrella of the CPC. Failure his failure in that election, Bakare had become rather aggressive, exhibiting characters unbecoming of a man of God. Many argue that PTB was simply venting his frustration and desperation for power.
The question is, if PTB is such a great man of God, if he is so loved, if people like his teachings so greatly, the question is:
i. Why has his church remained just a branch in the whole federation?
ii. Why hasn’t the church spread to other branches in Lagos or other part of the country like redeemed, Winners, Dunamis, House on the Rock, TREM, Christ Embassy etc
iii. Why is he the only pastor of the church?
iv. Is his inability to grow his church beyond one branch an indication of his failure as a pastor?
v. Is his limited membership a pointer that Nigerians don’t take him serious as a Pastor?
vi. Is he trying to make up for this failure as a pastor by going into politics?
vii. Is he trying to raise the profile of his obscure church in Lagos by constantly being in the news?
viii. If as a Pastor he can display such level of arrogance in his utterances and actions, can he respect our rights as a politician?
Objectively speaking, Can Pastor Tunde Bakare be trusted??
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
The Latter Rain Assembly
Plot 4 Akilo Road
Off Oba Akran Avenue
Ogba, Lagos
Nigeria.
Tel: 234-1-773-9143, 234-1-773-9144
FAX: 234-1-492-2687
Email: info at latterrainassembly dot org

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ask them directly, you might just get lucky and have the Pastor treat your mails personally.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by banki(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
pokkadot:
The Pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde BAKARE is synonymous with controversy and activism. In recent times he has come his position as a pastor has come under scrutiny following his veering into politics by accepting to be the Vice Presidential candidate to Muhammed Buhari, a staunch Muslim under the umbrella of the CPC. Failure his failure in that election, Bakare had become rather aggressive, exhibiting characters unbecoming of a man of God. Many argue that PTB was simply venting his frustration and desperation for power.
The question is, if PTB is such a great man of God, if he is so loved, if people like his teachings so greatly, the question is:
ii. Why hasn’t the church spread to other branches in Lagos or other part of the country like redeemed, Winners, Dunamis, House on the Rock, TREM, Christ Embassy etc
iv. Is his inability to grow his church beyond one branch an indication of his failure as a pastor?
v. Is his limited membership a pointer that Nigerians don’t take him serious as a Pastor?
vi. Is he trying to make up for this failure as a pastor by going into politics?
vii. Is he trying to raise the profile of his obscure church in Lagos by constantly being in the news?
viii. If as a Pastor he can display such level of arrogance in his utterances and actions, can he respect our rights as a politician?

Wonder what your motive is but i respect this man a lot if not for anything for the fact that he rejected the $50,000 transport money given to him by yo know who! so HE CAN BE TRUSTED!
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by Stallion77(f): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
Interesting....i never thought of this whole parade in this light o! cos come to think of it,i have never seen branches of his church spread around.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by MurphyT1: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
same greed we r talking abt, doesnt want to share tithes and offering with any other pastor except himself grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by kunlekunle: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
pokkadot:
[

Chuches with several branches require money. where does the funding comes from without false message.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by Camilia247: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
How can a church with such a pastor of doom grow?
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by apala911: 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
Where you can Obtain ur b.sc and post graduate degrees in destructive politics and character assault........
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by blacksta(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
what is your laptop number, I only respond to numbers between 01 and 03

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by uncleb(m): 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
pokkadot:

I guess you wanna use this post to get popular on this forum! Poor you you cant even make the front page.

Bakare has gone beyond obsucrity. He is a famous and successful person, as a clergy, barrister or if you like politician.

Way back back 2001 and 2002 even as a student pastor, i knew how many colleagues of mine that have been raised by Bakare. They are very sound when it comes to the scripture and you know what? they were very fearless.

I know how many churches today that spring froth from LRA. If you care to know Bakare encourages people to grow and go out to establish their own ministries. he is not the selfish type like you and your sponsors.
Abeg I shouldnt be wasting my time on people like you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by princenayo: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
I actually blame those his members who go to church to listen to politics instead of the word of God. Any way thats why the church is not growing .
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by LFJ: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
Where were the people of yesterday who fought our voice with gun? They are now history. Our only weapon is our God and voice. Those who are fighting our voice today using tribal sentiment will soon become history.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by Biggyd2: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
I watch the man sometimes on TV and have noticed that his congregation are more of adults than minors. If they are not complaining, why should we cry more than the bereaved? If they get tired of hearing his sermons, I guess they have enough brains to take their bibles, dust their backsides and walk! Since his membership has not depleted (at least I haven't noticed from what I see), we can infer that they believe that he speaks the truth and still like it that way. Just saying undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by kasiem(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
Op, u r wrong, bakare's ministry is seriously growing, or aint u aware of boko haram?
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by wilxz(m): 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
i dont know why some people cant just reason properly, @ op can u just tell me one thing, he has said abt d government that is wrong. Why dont u just get the message and leave his person alone.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by kasiem(m): 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
wilxz: i dont know why some people cant just reason properly, @ op can u just tell me one thing, he has said abt d government that is wrong. Why dont u just get the message and leave his person alone.
yea, he claim that there'll be wild wild north if he loses right
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by FJCRUISER: 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2012
Biggyd2: I watch the man sometimes on TV and have noticed that his congregation are more of adults than minors. If they are not complaining, why should we cry more than the bereaved? If they get tired of hearing his sermons, I guess they have enough brains to take their bibles, dust their backsides and walk! Since his membership has not depleted (at least I haven't noticed from what I see), we can infer that they believe that he speaks the truth and still like it that way. Just saying undecided

ARE THERE SPECIFIC CHURCHES FOR ADULTS AND YOUTHS? AM YET TO KNOW. WHY CAN'T AS A MAN OF GOD SERVICE EVERY ONE EQUALLY IF NO ILL IS INTENDED ? WHEN WE SEE THINGS DAT ARE BAD WE SHD CONDEMN THEM. LRA IS NOT BETA THAN REDEEM NOR WINNERS .IF THIS ODA ONES VE BRANCHES FOR BETA EVANGELISM , IT SHD NOT BE SEEN AS MONEY MAKING PLS. THEN CAN WE NOW DEDUCE THAT COS HE DOES NOT WANT ODAS TO PROSPIRE HE STUNTS THIER GROWTH BY HAVING ONLY A SINGLE BRANCH. IT'S PLAIN SELFISHNESS, COWARDIS AND RETROGRESSIVE IN OUTLOOK. GOD REPAYS EVERY ONE . DON'T BE A BLIND SYCOPHANT PLS
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by Biggyd2: 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
FJCRUISER:

ARE THERE SPECIFIC CHURCHES FOR ADULTS AND YOUTHS? AM YET TO KNOW. WHY CAN'T AS A MAN OF GOD SERVICE EVERY ONE EQUALLY IF NO ILL IS INTENDED ? WHEN WE SEE THINGS DAT ARE BAD WE SHD CONDEMN THEM. LRA IS NOT BETA THAN REDEEM NOR WINNERS .IF THIS ODA ONES VE BRANCHES FOR BETA EVANGELISM , IT SHD NOT BE SEEN AS MONEY MAKING PLS. THEN CAN WE NOW DEDUCE THAT COS HE DOES NOT WANT ODAS TO PROSPIRE HE STUNTS THIER GROWTH BY HAVING ONLY A SINGLE BRANCH. IT'S PLAIN SELFISHNESS, COWARDIS AND RETROGRESSIVE IN OUTLOOK. GOD REPAYS EVERY ONE . DON'T BE A BLIND SYCOPHANT PLS

I only stated my opinion. I am not a member of his church. There are many churches all over the country. If his members; adults or youth don't like his way of running the church, they have no shackles around their feet. They can leave. Being a member or not of Latter Rain Assembly is of one's FREE volition.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by iguita: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Guys, what's it with all this destructive engineering? Its his choice to expand his church, if he does, we'd complain, if he doesn't complain... Wtf do we want as a nation? This is exactly why nigera can't progress, because we focus on d unimportant tings and leave d important ones
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by 1025: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
in the presence of all the security issues, infrastructural decays, political madness of different standards, child marriage in our law, 18 yrs old girl in a special adviser position in bayelsa, this uninformed poster choose to discuss a private man(Pastor Bakare).
the bible says; thou shall not judge. it went further to say, any tongue that shall arise against His elects in judgement shall be condemned.
if i may ask, who made u a judge over Bakare?
if Bakare is the evil, then those in power who are making us to suffer are now ur saints abi?
get a life and discuss those who are stealing our public funds, increasing hardship on our live.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by Omen100(m): 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Biggyd2:

I only stated my opinion. I am not a member of his church. There are many churches all over the country. If his members; adults or youth don't like his way of running the church, they have no shackles around their feet. They can leave. Being a member or not of Latter Rain Assembly is of one's FREE volition.

Thank you very much for your knowledgeable & unfathomable explanations, like you have said & I summarize & quote "there are lots of churches all over the place & 80% most of latter rain church members are intelligible & clued-up adults who are not chains or incarcerated, they have the liberty to take a walk but preferred to stay because they know what it takes to be free & to be free indeed. Not some silly scumbag from otueke, the more you jonathan's goons tried to defend him by condemning others, the more you guys ended up exposing the drunken torn coat fisherman whose boat is about to capsize.

the photo below best illustrate Jonathan & his goons.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by 1wolex85: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
I really do not like to comment on this forum because many times I can't fathom some people's line of thought. I hold no brief for bakare but how can people suggest that his church isn't growing because it has only one branch? Were this people there when God gave him the vision to start the church? I will give examples of 2 churches; rccg, if you check the mission statement of rccg, you would see that planting of several parishes is a strong part of it. 2nd exmple: have you ever wondered why there is only one daystar christian centre all over the world? Rev sam adeyemi has said several times that God has never told him to plant another church but he has raised men who have started their ministries eg the elevation church(pst godman akinlabi). Now these are two ministries who have taken seperate paths according to the vision God gave their leaders. You and I weren't there when God gave bakare his vision neither has the OP stated the vision and mission of latter rain assembly so I see absolutely no basis for calling the church a failure.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by funnyx(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
uncleb:

I guess you wanna use this post to get popular on this forum! Poor you you cant even make the front page.

Bakare has gone beyond obsucrity. He is a famous and successful person, as a clergy, barrister or if you like politician.

Way back back 2001 and 2002 even as a student pastor, i knew how many colleagues of mine that have been raised by Bakare. They are very sound when it comes to the scripture and you know what? they were very fearless.

I know how many churches today that spring froth from LRA. If you care to know Bakare encourages people to grow and go out to establish their own ministries. he is not the selfish type like you and your sponsors.
Abeg I shouldnt be wasting my time on people like you.

Don't mind the yeye OP he thought having many branches and possibly flying on private jet translates to being successful.
Re: Pastor Bakare And Latter Rain Limited: A One Man Show ? by fiscalcliff: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
dear op,
It is true many churches are growing branches in Nigeria
But is righteousness increasing or lawlessness undecided
Hope you do know that cancer too is growth shocked
May you keep growing toogrin

(1) (Reply)

I Deserve Commendation, Says Stella Oduah / 30 Chibok Girls Escape Boko Haram Den / BREAKING NEWS ; Reps PDP Caucus Endorses Jonathan For Second Term.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.