Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station (22867 Views)

See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. / FG Targets $10bn From National Flag Carrier / Tattered National Flag At African First-Ladies’ Mission Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by HammedSodiqq: 4:15am On Aug 10, 2012
The battle over the ceding of Bakassi peninsula has taken a new dimension as a group named Bakassi Self Determination Front, has set up a radio station at Dayspring. The station is part of efforts by the group to ensure the liberation of Bakassi people as well as disseminate information on the activities of Bakassi people particularly on the ceding of the Peninsula.

The station started transmission on Monday, August 6 at 12 noon and operates on 4.2MHz and 5.2MHz band. Besides, the group had penultimate week hoisted its blue-white-red liberation flag dotted with stars at Daysprings. This is barley four days after the group had issued two weeks ultimatum to its people still living within the ceded territory to vacate or be crushed.

In a maiden broadcast, the Commander-General, Ekpe Ekpenyong Oku, said, “Please for the umpteenth time, we plead with our people to leave Abana now. The fight is going to be thickest and fieriest now that our Northern and eastern brothers have fully arrived. Bakassi we hail thee”.

He warned all travelers on the sea to stay away as from Saturday August 11 and Sunday, August 12, 2012 this week. He said, “No sea movement so that you don’t have cause to regret. There shall be no movement of boats from Ikang or Marina beach to Cameroon on these two days. Be warned.” Oku called on men of goodwill, individuals, human rights organisations and the indigenous people of Bakassi to join hands in resisting and fighting the present international conspiracy.

Earlier in a statement made available to newsmen in Calabar, Oku, had revealed that arrangements have been concluded with some international liberation groups to assist the Bakassi natives in the battle ahead. “Ours will be a classical story of the elephant and the ant. The elephant will soon be driven frantic with ants all over its enormous bulk. The elephant will be so harassed and will find no respite and will dash itself against a tree trunk”.

“Throughout history, injured people have had to resort to arms in their self-defense where peaceful negotiations fail. Bakassi people are no exception. Our right to self-determination is imminent; some will die, but some will live to reap from our labours,” the Commander-general stated.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/32183/2012/08/10/bakassi_group_sets_radio_station_hoists_flag.html
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by PhysicsQED(m): 4:28am On Aug 10, 2012
Up Bakassi!

3 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Obiagu1(m): 4:53am On Aug 10, 2012
They shouldn't go into war with Cameroun if they are not fully ready.
Wish them luck.

3 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by PhysicsQED(m): 5:04am On Aug 10, 2012
Obiagu1: They shouldn't go into war with Cameroun if they are not fully ready.
Wish them luck.

They shouldn't go to war with Cameroon period. France will just sell Cameroon enough guns to suppress them if Cameroon doesn't already have enough.

They should harass the UN, AU, and every other significant international organization that they can relentlessly. The declaration at least shows that they're serious before appealing to others for support.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onatisi(m): 5:52am On Aug 10, 2012
the problem this will create will be enormous ,already the southern part of cameroon are not happy in the present union with the norther cameroon,
the this is coming days after the ogonis did there own ,the nigerian security agencies will be worried that this will not spill over into nigeria or encourage ethnic groups with nigeria to do the same
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Afam4eva(m): 6:07am On Aug 10, 2012
This Bakassi people don suffer. It's good that they've taken their destinies into their hands. I wish them the best.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by onatisi(m): 6:26am On Aug 10, 2012
if they go to war they will be crushed ,but i dont think they have any choice
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by PointB: 7:28am On Aug 10, 2012
Ogonis should should recognise Bakassi and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by RichDad1(m): 7:30am On Aug 10, 2012
Where is the Flag? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by goldfish80(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2012
†ђξ country is slowly disintegrating under GEJ's watchful eyes. cool
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Biggyd2: 8:37am On Aug 10, 2012
These are Nigerians that were rejected by their rulers. I guess Cameron still don't recognize them as "one of their own". Now they are at crossroads. These people were not even given the courtesy of been asked if they wanted Bakassi to be ceded to Cameroon. I still wonder if the people that perpetrated this evil would have hurriedly done so if they were from that part of the country. For sometime now, they have been crying out. But we all know that government "does not give a damn" and like they will say, they inherited many problems from their predecessors. I guess a time will come, when we will have to call on past presidents(dead and alive) of this country, including the present one, give them a list of all our problems for each to pick the wrong(s) they did and right same accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2012
Ogoni, Bakasi, who is next, Biafra will be the last as the first shall be the last cool
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 10, 2012
goldfish80: †ђξ country is slowly disintegrating under GEJ's watchful eyes. cool

Yes we like it cool

4 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Sijo01(f): 8:49am On Aug 10, 2012
First it was Ogoni, now is Bakassi! Who's next?? Nigeria is gradually pulling apart.
O ma se o!
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by ifeci: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2012
if Biafra like, make them dey there the jones, this is a golden opportunity to achieve their dream effortlessly; which can only happen in this very weak regime.

2 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by ebamma(m): 9:03am On Aug 10, 2012
na mumu dey worry them,if them go war with cameroun,cameroun army go just use them do target practice.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by mrsheddy(m): 9:04am On Aug 10, 2012
Nigeria was neva one nd it will neva be one.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 10, 2012
There is a local Government called Bakassi Local Government Area in Cross River State. Even at that, OBJ had no problems sacrificing a people for Oil block deals with Cameroun. Bakassi was a part of Nigeria until OBJ traded their land in exchange of Oil Blocks on the Peninsula to Cameroun. The Bakassians have been rendered homeless, refugees and Stateless for about a decade. Will we blame a free people for seeking Nationhood ? Nigerian Government disowned Bakassi and by extension its people. So, dont call it a secession, because Bakassi was abandoned 10yrs and have been state-less by any standard. From all I understand, there is nothing in Bakassi to show that Nigeria cared about them before and after the OBJ blood for Oil deal. If Bakassi had no Oil, life would have been better for them and they would have remained Nigerians. But, the Cabal that owns oil blocks, mostly Hausas wont let us be one Nation anymore. The cheating is too damn much.

21 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by HammedSodiqq: 9:16am On Aug 10, 2012
While we sympathize with their cause, we urge them to follow due process as anything that will disrupt the unity of this Country will not be accepted. Govt will surely do something in this regard.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by cutievik: 9:16am On Aug 10, 2012
Goodluck is gradually destroying wat our fore father shed their blood for,i was stupidly one of his fan bt ryt nw i jst can see myself been a fan of a dummy,f*uck! He's to annoying for my lyking sluggish to act,crazYLY getting on my nerve.hw i wish we had someone lyk obasanjo al dis successions wud nt have been happening.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Olaolufred(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2012
goldfish80: †ђξ country is slowly disintegrating under GEJ's watchful eyes. cool

REST IN PIECES, NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Olaolufred(m): 9:33am On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: There is a local Government called Bakassi Local Government Area in Cross River State. Even at that, OBJ had no problems sacrificing a people for Oil block deals with Cameroun. Bakassi was a part of Nigeria until OBJ traded their land in exchange of Oil Blocks on the Peninsula to Cameroun. The Bakassians have been rendered homeless, refugees and Stateless for about a decade. Will we blame a free people for seeking Nationhood ? Nigerian Government disowned Bakassi and by extension its people. So, dont call it a secession, because Bakassi was abandoned 10yrs and have been state-less by any standard. From all I understand, there is nothing in Bakassi to show that Nigeria cared about them before and after the OBJ blood for Oil deal. If Bakassi had no Oil, life would have been better for them and they would have remained Nigerians. But, the Cabal that owns oil blocks, mostly Hausas wont let us be one Nation anymore. The cheating is too damn much.

I so much support your view.
They are just victim of PDP's wickedness.
But the Cross riverians still supports them.
However, I hate OBJ and PDP.
I ignorantly voted GEJ as the first and the last of PDP's candidate i will ever do that for.
I found out that 12 years after Nigerians gave PDP the power,
they have used it against them from all quarters.

4 Likes

Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by godello: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2012
Mouth talk,how ready are they?
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2012
And so?
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Korrection(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2012
why is Ras Kimono silent on this issue
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2012
I smell a beatdown..

The Camerounian Gerndamarie, Navy and Army would use these f'ools for target practice.. I hope they have properly thought this through..
I doubt any country would back them up!! Nigeria has since handed over the penninsula to the Cameroonians, so I doubt they would intervene in the resultant massacre..

I really hope they know what they are doing.. I would hate to see one ignorant Nigga drag alot of innocent people into a precarious situation for selfish gains.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by ACM10: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2012
The condition there is fluid. Some of us that wants liberation from Nigeria will continue to monitor it with keen interest. I think they should conduct a quick referendum. So that they will have a solid case to make to the international community when the events gets ugly
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by proudlyafrican(m): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2012
They are free to proceed, when negotiation fails and no one gives the powers that be don`t give a damn the only option left is to take up arms to defend yourself and regain what rightfully belongs to you.I wish them the best.
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by greall1: 9:58am On Aug 10, 2012
Where is the flag
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Korrection(m): 10:01am On Aug 10, 2012
why is Majek Fashek silent on this issue?
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:02am On Aug 10, 2012
What is going on here?
Is this the disintegration that they talked about? Ogoni, Bakassi, who's next? Na so every group wan dey tear apart from Nigeria?
FMJ!
Re: Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station by Lordave: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: There is a local Government called Bakassi Local Government Area in Cross River State. Even at that, OBJ had no problems sacrificing a people for Oil block deals with Cameroun. Bakassi was a part of Nigeria until OBJ traded their land in exchange of Oil Blocks on the Peninsula to Cameroun. The Bakassians have been rendered homeless, refugees and Stateless for about a decade. Will we blame a free people for seeking Nationhood ? Nigerian Government disowned Bakassi and by extension its people. So, dont call it a secession, because Bakassi was abandoned 10yrs and have been state-less by any standard. From all I understand, there is nothing in Bakassi to show that Nigeria cared about them before and after the OBJ blood for Oil deal. If Bakassi had no Oil, life would have been better for them and they would have remained Nigerians. But, the Cabal that owns oil blocks, mostly Hausas wont let us be one Nation anymore. The cheating is too damn much.
there is nothing to add to this comment. You are just so f.u.c.king right. Good luck Bakassi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2019: Sagay Speaks On Osinbajo Coming Back As Buhari’s Running Mate / Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage / PDP mocks APC over flopped one-million-man march

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.