Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Thanks for the help ! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Thanks for the help ! (1389 Views)

My NYSC Personal CDS Projects In Anambra. Thanks To GOD For The Success / NYSC 2014 BATCH C; Help Needed Asap...thanks / Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Edo Lets Meet. Thanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks for the help ! by onyeocha1(f): 8:33am On Aug 10, 2012
Thank u
Re: Thanks for the help ! by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2012
What about an exemption letter?
Re: Thanks for the help ! by onyeocha1(f): 9:13am On Aug 10, 2012
ok
Re: Thanks for the help ! by logo77: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2012
What is this thing about "costly to sort it out"? If he is 30+ he should ask for exemption letter.
"if he wants to sort it out", he can report to the state of deployment, take the 3 weeks orientation, report to his place of primary assignment and then "sort it out" from there. It won't cost him a fortune (sometimes not even a kobo) and he does not have to stay for any specific period of time.
Re: Thanks for the help ! by Man51ut(m): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2012
what batch is he? where was he posted to?

why is he in a hurry to do it now, why doesn't he finish his studies first?

i dunno about exemption letters sha. i haven't really heard of anyone getting one. even people you think might have a case (pregnancy, health reasons, young children etc) at best can get out of the camp part of it but not the working part/CD part.

the best thing is to hope that there are people who are willing to come to an 'agreement' and even that is dicey. for instance in my local government, the local govt inspector just got changed. so if i had made a deal before, that would have been kobalised by now. basically, your bf needs to make a deal with the people at where he was posted (if the state govt is paying him, then he can allow the boss there to collect that money each month). this will allow him to get his clearance letters, which ensures he gets paid the federal allowance (receiving all your federal allowance is a criteria for passing out). he needs to know the people working at the local government he registered at. befriend them, usually to find the hungry person there, and give them something.

when my sister was serving, one guy just peaced out for a month. now strolled into cd at 11, when he was supposed to have been there at 9. the nysc officials were raking, going where have you been, who gave you the authority to travel. the guy just answered, "i brought you duty free" just put one of those dubai duty free bags on the table. come and see how the officials attitude changed; they told everyone else to gtfo, told our prodigal corper to "sit down my dear".

all i know is that the dude's CD card was signed. and it's true now that im serving myself. i know people whose attendance at CD (the attendance card is prolly the main thing you use for passing out) is spotty at best and they aren't really bothered, it's already been arranged.

TL;DR- find out who can be bought at the posting, and at the local government office. come to an agreement. profit.
Re: Thanks for the help ! by onyeocha1(f): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2012
ok
Re: Thanks for the help ! by onyeocha1(f): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2012
I hear from everywhere it shouldnt be much of a hassle, no idea. He said its alot of money they want, he is a Medical Doctor.
Re: Thanks for the help ! by Man51ut(m): 11:10am On Aug 10, 2012
how much is a lot? so he's batch B then? well he can abscond, worst comes to worst he'll have to re-register/do camp again. if he's lucky, he might just avoid that part and serve the remaining time, at a time when he's ready.

but come, if he says they are asking a lot, that means they can be bought, which means he should attempt to negotiate now? the guy should just go and drop something small first "for the weekend"; "for sallah" to show he is serious. then he can discuss giving them his salary (pretty sure docs will be paid). he can then arrange to give his federal allowance to the people at the local govt.

not sure what doctors are being paid, but the lg people should be getting over 200k under that arrangement, and as little as 5k can get them moving.
Re: Thanks for the help ! by onyeocha1(f): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
ok
Re: Thanks for the help ! by onyeocha1(f): 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
eh ya
Re: Thanks for the help ! by DisGuy: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
I think it difficult probably because he's a doctor, i'm looking to do the same thing tbh but i'm not in the medical field- this perhaps is the main reason

another reason could be the state he was posted to or chose to get posted to

or perhaps there are some strict Boss where he got posted to, if he were to be in a very rural location he might be let off for peanuts but in the city some egotistical Dr might be playing the patriotic card

or he probably landed with the 'Hey look at me I'm a UK resident, y'all desperate for bribes' lol

worse case is he returns for his studies and get it done another time, not like he will be needing it immediately anyway
I'be put mine off for 3/4 years if i cant get hooked this year, i'll just enjoy my holiday and come back from to work- no more 'sick leave' smiley
Re: Thanks for the help ! by megatek: 7:00am On Aug 14, 2012
PDMS, PRIMAVERA (PROJECT MANAGEMENT), AUTOCAD, OIL AND GAS TRAINING

10% discount for corp members and / or a group of 5

call 08035733348 TO REGISTER
Re: Thanks for the help ! by onyeocha1(f): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2012
eh ya, I see, thx jor

(1) (Reply)

Fg, Nysc, Pays June 2018 Allowance To Aggrieved Corp Members / Between Lagos And Abuja / My cousin brother is suffering in Zamfara state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.