Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications (3986 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / Is Pgd In Elect/elect A Waste Of Time? / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by Taiw(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2012
Hello Nlanders, Is it possible to run these two courses together in two different schools in nigeria?I'm not looking @ d finacial aspect here but the time and stress to shuttle btw OAU n FUTA.What are my chances and if i'm to choose one which is preferable?I intend to work in d telecoms sector.
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by larion: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2012
dis kind of post keep springing up daily on d career section, some talking oil n gas or a masters in UK, others claiming first class like say no be d same naija uni we sef go..... Na beans? This is not forgetting d category of pple with work experience in naija or MBA in Pakistan (lol) as if wen dey come back to naija a job will come in auto pilot...as if no be d same labour market we all dey

I just knew most of dis posts aren't real, majority of dem don't have d job offer neither do dey have d study admission, why den do dey make d post? Dats wat I can't fathom, I think d moderators of d career section shld just look into ds baseless posts and 'spear us' our eyes. Even d questions dt are real, most of it can be answered by a kid. Besides I tot ds was d career section, most of dis dust shld be moved to education, also more often dan not wat you study (1st degrEe) don't determine your career, example computer science, computer eng, elect, physics and d likes are just different doors to same place, its stomach upset wen some1 comes asking wat shld I study within ds, my question is wc admission did you get, wat do you want to become, den you find d focusless peeps going mute, everybody wants oil n gas or telecom because of d pay, den I wonder where is d interest, its a pity m in one of dis field as m made to look like m following d crowd.

Majority hurry n get sometin in telecom and get in den dey are fenced out in d technical aspect den dey come screaming d Indians n Chinese r taking our jobs, why won't dey take it, wen we r all looking for short cut , most of us don't knw wat we want, d salary is d driving force, too bad.

op, I don't have beef with you, too much poo in d career section I read daily, yeah its unfortunate dt I had to express my anger in your post, but truely your post acted as a catalyst as e get as e be.

2 Likes

Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by Taiw(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
@ larion i take no offence in ur response.Its just the present situation of this country that have fraustrated majority to asking such questions.i wont blame them because Naija is crap but should we commit sucide?NO.I believe everyone is entitled to choose their career in life. sum do dis because of money like u said others do it cos of the passion u neva can tell.but should u fight them cos of what they want to do in life?NO. I believe what u should ave said is a way forward, a way out of dis mess we as individuals and as a nation find ourselves in and that brings me back to my question. what do u suggest?

1 Like

Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by larion: 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2012
First I wanna commend your attitude, most nairalanders tend to always wanna fight over issues like ds, I was expecting you to come as same, but you proved different, dts cool

Let's get down to analysis, do you knw wat PGD is and do you think you need it? If your answers to ds questions r yes & yes den futa will nt give you a masters admission without it. So you can't run d two simultaneously. Dept of Physics telecommunications ? No way! Wat you have in futa is physics dept with options in nuclear physics and electronics. You might do one or two topics relating 2 telecoms but no more. Mark you! I said topics nt courses so if you r expecting dt dept to polish you for telecoms, you shld also be expecting Nigeria to win 30 medals in d London 2012 Olympics *chuckles*. To chip in briefly futa don't offer MSC dey do offer M.tech .

To give you a little insight, wen you eventually get into futa, irrespective of d course, don't dream of missing classes cos I don't knw how you wanna juggle oau n futa together. You got to attend a good % of lectures, futa aint no camp for jamboree like Unilag (beef intended) where student go on AWOL for weeks. I can assure you 90% of computer science students dt finished last year attended more dan 85% of lectures frm 200level . We do not live on faded glory like some other uni so if you wanna go in, drop all extracurricular activities, you can't juggle sometin else with futa if you wanna come out with a fair enough grade. Its an advice anyway.

1 Like

Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by larion: 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by AjanleKoko: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2012
@larion,

You are the prized winner of the AjanleKoko award for sensibility! wink cheesy
[size=2pt]Sometimes, one reads these posts, and one feels like shooting oneself angry[/size]
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by Taiw(m): 9:27am On Aug 12, 2012
@larion Thanks so much for your input.Its good to have pple like u on nairaland.God bless u @ajanlekoko pls dont shoot urself oo...lol
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by yemmyma: 10:40am On Aug 12, 2012
larion: First I wanna commend your attitude, most nairalanders tend to always wanna fight over issues like ds, I was expecting you to come as same, but you proved different, dts cool

Let's get down to analysis, do you knw wat PGD is and do you think you need it? If your answers to ds questions r yes & yes den futa will nt give you a masters admission without it. So you can't run d two simultaneously. Dept of Physics telecommunications ? No way! Wat you have in futa is physics dept with options in nuclear physics and electronics. You might do one or two topics relating 2 telecoms but no more. Mark you! I said topics nt courses so if you r expecting dt dept to polish you for telecoms, you shld also be expecting Nigeria to win 30 medals in d London 2012 Olympics *chuckles*. To chip in briefly futa don't offer MSC dey do offer M.tech .

To give you a little insight, wen you eventually get into futa, irrespective of d course, don't dream of missing classes cos I don't knw how you wanna juggle oau n futa together. You got to attend a good % of lectures, futa aint no camp for jamboree like Unilag (beef intended) where student go on AWOL for weeks. I can assure you 90% of computer science students dt finished last year attended more dan 85% of lectures frm 200level . We do not live on faded glory like some other uni so if you wanna go in, drop all extracurricular activities, you can't juggle sometin else with futa if you wanna come out with a fair enough grade. Its an advice anyway.

Please don't let the apostles of that university see that. Oh, Ajanlekoko already saw it?
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by AjanleKoko: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Please don't let the apostles of that university see that. Oh, Ajanlekoko already saw it?

Bros,
why are you hating on MAULAG na? tongue

@OP,
To be honest, I doubt if you need either of the two at this time.
What you should try and do is get some hands-on telecom training. Digital Bridge in Abuja, or TTC Mobile in Lagos. If you have money, you can even go to India, there are lots of telecom academies there. The Nigerian Msc or PGD won't add anything to your job prospects in telecom, unless you just want to call yourself engineer. You did physics at undergrad level, right?

1 Like

Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by Taiw(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2012
@oga ajanlekoko yes i did physics.i guess you are saying Bsc+ttc training is enough to give me an edge.Thanks I'll look into that also
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by AjanleKoko: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2012
Taiw: @oga ajanlekoko yes i did physics.i guess you are saying Bsc+ttc training is enough to give me an edge.Thanks I'll look into that also

Trust me, that's all you need for now. Break into the industry first. You can go to Harvard later if you want wink
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by larion: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Yipee! I won a prize frm aj, @ least m Better dan team Nigeria in d London 2012 Olympics. Lol, yemmy dts d fact abt unilag ooooo, anyway m still thinking of picking a masters form in info tech next year in d same unilag wen nysc sets me free. D degree is just for prestige anyway, m ashamed of having only one degree on my cv, *giggles*

Back to taiw, I was abt telling you to forget abt dose degrees as no uni in Nigeria can get you polished for telecoms, but I was scared to say it since I am a fresher myself, I didn't want to look like m ridiculing a masters degree n favoring some training institute instead but since a veteran has said it, good, ll blow it up more.

Telcom wise no uni in Nigeria can polish you, so d institutes r d best bet for now I can assure you as m a living testimony . You can't go wrong by going to TTC mobile, m a graduate of d institute, you can't do wrong by going to india, m a telecom returnee frm d country, above all you can't go wrong by taking AJ's advice , m a product them.

How do you start? On dis career board, there's a thread by d same AJ tagged as telecommunications professionals, look for it and read, I found d post 2yrs ago wen I was it 400L during my IT, it had just 16 pages den & I took 2weeks to read it all while jotting some points on a piece of paper, d thread has 23pages now, if you can read it all fine, if not pick d last 5pages, all doubts have being cleared there, dt thread was d takeoff for me... D ball is in your court
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by yemmyma: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
larion: Yipee! I won a prize frm aj, @ least m Better dan team Nigeria in d London 2012 Olympics. Lol, yemmy dts d fact abt unilag ooooo, anyway m still thinking of picking a masters form in info tech next year wen nysc sets me free. D degree is just for prestige anyway, m ashamed of having only one degree on my cv, *giggles*

Back to taiw, I was abt telling you to forget abt dose degrees as no uni in Nigeria can get you polished for telecoms, but I was scared to say it since I am a fresher myself, I didn't want to look like m ridiculing a masters degree n favoring some training institute instead but since a veteran has said it, good, ll blow it up more.

Telcom wise no uni in Nigeria can polish you, so d institutes r d best bet for now I can assure you as m a living testimony . You can't go wrong by going to TTC mobile, m a graduate of d institute, you can't do wrong by going to india, m a telecom returnee frm d country, above all you can't go wrong by taking AJ's advices , m a product them.

How do you start? On dis career board, there's a thread by d same AJ tagged as telecommunications professionals, look for it and read, I found d post 2yrs ago wen I was it 400L during my IT, it had just 16 pages den & I took 2weeks to read it all while jotting some points on a piece of paper, d thread has 23pages now, if you can read it all fine, if not pick d last 5pages, all doubts have being cleared there, dt thread was d takeoff for me... D ball is in your court

Big ups to Nairaland? Hope you found a job with all those already smiley
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by larion: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
yemmy_ma: [/b]

Big ups to Nairaland? Hope you found a job with all those already smiley

Jobs hmmmmn, d telecom industry is nt like before, dts wat outsiders don't know, you've got to pay your dues or have some1 pay for you. Dts a discussion for another day. remember I told you m a corper, I just came out of d orientation camp some weeks ago n m searching for some RF volunteer jobs in d industry so as to add experience 2 my belt.
Yes you heard me right, work without pay, no one will employ you in Nigeria without nysc (I tried it) and since d same nysc has stopped posting to private companies & MTN n obasanjo has killed ,,,,,NITEL/MTEL I am left to pay d remaining part of my dues d hard way. Dts anoda secret abt d industry now, it will b tough to break in without experience irrespective of wat u hold. Unlike before.

Forget abt dt, v you found d thread I talked abt, get started quick, no time boss! D industry is climaxing, d rush into telecom will soon be over except sometin dramatic happens. ,,,,,
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by yemmyma: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
larion: ,

Jobs hmmmmn, d telecom industry is nt like before, dts wat outsiders don't know, you've got to pay your dues or have some1 pay for you. Dts a discussion for another day. remember I told you m a corper, I just came out of d orientation camp some weeks ago n m searching for some RF volunteer jobs in d industry so as to add experience 2 my belt.
Yes you heard me right, work without pay, no one will employ you in Nigeria without nysc (I tried it) and since d same nysc has stopped posting to private companies & MTN n obasanjo has killed ,,,,,NITEL/MTEL I am left to pay d remaining part of my dues d hard way. Dts anoda secret abt d industry now, it will b tough to break in without experience irrespective of wat u hold. Unlike before.

Forget abt dt, v you found d thread I talked abt, get started quick, no time boss! D industry is climaxing, d rush into telecom will soon be over except sometin dramatic happens. ,,,,,

That is the spirit, it is well!
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by larion: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
yemmy_ma:

That is the spirit, it is well!

Lol, na so, na so,
Wetin man go do na
Re: PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications by Taiw(m): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
@ajanlekoko n larion Thanks so much for the breakdown of the ttc trainning.i've already made enquiries n i've decided to go for d 3-months training which i'll start next month.i'm looking into the thread now.i wish i knew this since but anyway age is still on my side.the good Lord will surely see us through

(1) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Slavery Master / Male Nurses In The House.. Tell Us Your Experiences. / Benefits Of Graphics Design As A Career Path

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.