Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members (1941 Views)

Edo Youth Corp Member Bleeds As Four Man O War' Guys Mercilessly Beat Him [pics] / Batch B14 OYO State Corp Members Let's Meet Here / Is Nigerian Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Worth Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by DadaStephen1(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
Corpers wee,
I'm writing you this letter from my humble point of view, especially for the fact that most of you are better and more knowledgeable than I'm.
I've decided to make it concise that you will not be bored...

Many people are of mixed reaction when lots of us rellocated from the initial places we were deployed to by the NYSC management and endorsed by the FGN due to safety reasons (which is gravely important), so I'm not against that. What I'm against is we trying to discourage those of us that has decided to stay put in our service stations.

Whether you've relocated or not, we all are on a National Mission which must be properly, faithfully and selflessly carry out...

The present state of the Nation Nigeria which is cyclopsical by nature is gradually pushing the country to the brinks of the abyss.
It has gone beyond the Leadership of the Country, it has gone beyond religious and ethnic Leaders...
But it has not gone beyond God.

The menace of INSECURITY, RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY AND UNEMPLOYMENT will never be solved by our Leaders,
Yes I'm saying that categorically...
The menace of Boko Haram and Insecurity will be tackled and conquered by us (Youth Corp Members/Nigeria Youths)
How?

The present situation of Nigeria is synonymous with the account of Israel many years back (as stated in the Holy Scriptures)
When GOLIATH (a beastical human) posed as a threat to a whole nation and even the King Saul and the entire Israeli Army were thrown into total confusion and trembling because of one person.

Meanwhile, there was a Youth Corper, Corper David who has been posted to the forests to look over his father's sheep as his PPA
And has confronted enough beasts during his service, heard of this and was annoyed.
Corper David decided not to use the conventional weapons from the Isreali Arsenal,
Corper David decided to take a risk for his nation, Coper David confronted GOLIATH with what he had at his disposal(mark that) because all the so called sophisticated equipments and intelligence have failed to bring GOLIATH down.
Eventually, Corper David killed GOLIATH and all GOLIATH's army ran for their lives.

Eventually, King Saul didn't need Prophet Samuel to predict to him that it was time to leave office for young Corper David

My advise for us all is to STAND UP for dying NIGERIA!
We have less than one year to wear this khaki, so let's just use it to make a difference,
Let's use it to preach peace just like Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and kolo Toure did in Cot'devoire with their National football jersies.
After this service year, we are going back to becoming 'ORDINARY NIGERIANS'

So let's use the opportunity of being 'SPECIAL NIGERIANS' to prepare a better atmosphere for us whenever we become 'Ordinary Nigerians' again

We can make a difference,
We can help Nigeria,
We are Compatriots
Let's remember the oath of service
Let's remember the NYSC anthem
Let's remember the National Anthem!
Rather than chase after NATIONAL AWARDS, let's chase after NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS

Nigeria's ours,
Nigeria we serve!
One Nigeria!
Long Live NYSC
Long Live Nigeria

Corper Dada-Stephen Oluwaseun

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by ichidodo: 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
nice post man, i am all phsyched up.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by Brezzybone(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2012
Good to go

Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by dadicvila(m): 12:14am On Aug 16, 2012
The mods should be 9ice enough to put this inspiring piece on the frontpage,while not trying to sound pessimistic but i must point out that the problem of nigeria is beyond we corpers,corruption,neopotism and tribalism stares us in the face even as we try to serve our father land withing this short period and with our scanty resource
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by DadaStephen1(m): 3:16am On Aug 17, 2012
dadicvila: The mods should be 9ice enough to put this inspiring piece on the frontpage,while not trying to sound pessimistic but i must point out that the problem of nigeria is beyond we corpers,corruption,neopotism and tribalism stares us in the face even as we try to serve our father land withing this short period and with our scanty resource

You're right man, but I want you to know that these things aren't new. Yes they aren't happening for the first time and will continue to happen.
Nigerian Youths are the strongest in the World because we struggle to survive and succede, so I know that with relentless persistence, one day WE SHALL OVERCOME!
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by DadaStephen1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
kiss thanks though
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by tayoccu(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Op
I like your spirit but let's call a spade a spade, the current structure of the nysc scheme has become useless, and until the scheme is restructured,
It will continue to deteriorate.
Re: An Open Letter To All Nigerian Youth Corp Members by DadaStephen1(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2012
tayoccu: @Op
I like your spirit but let's call a spade a spade, the current structure of the nysc scheme has become useless, and until the scheme is restructured,
It will continue to deteriorate.

I agree with you, but what do you think the likely solutions are?

(1) (Reply)

NYSC State Posting / Full Nysc Kits For Just #6000 / queenlovely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.