Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Calling The Humanist Bluff. - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling The Humanist Bluff. (16568 Views)

Humanist: Which Of These Will You Entrust Your Girl Child To? / Atheist, Agnostic And Humanist Memes Reloaded... / Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Kay17: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
No, man is incapable of love on his own. To love, man must surrender to something beyond himself. Jesus is not an object you develop a liking for. Jesus is a person you commit yourself to.
Love is not an ability.We recognize love when we see it but it is not something that we can bring about. If love is manufactured, then it is not love.

1. You believe man is incapable of love.

2. Yet man loves Jesus

3. How was that possible?!! I ask you!!

OR is Love only towards Jesus??
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You don't know what love is

lol.....artful dodging and insults
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kay 17:

1. You believe man is incapable of love.

2. Yet man loves Jesus

3. How was that possible?!! I ask you!!

OR is Love only towards Jesus??

I said man is incapable of love on his own. Man is subject to love. Man falls in love. he does not create love, he yields to it.
The point I am making is that any time man loves, he must relinquish himself and surrender to something greater than him.

If you hold the secular humanist view, where everything emanates from man, then man must manufacture the 'love' that he shows and that is not love you can call it kindness at best but it is definitely not love.

Let me ask you this:
Can you tell me how you know that someone loves you?
Is love not best expressed by what your lover is willing to give up for your sake?
If you find out that your lover consciously makes herself to love you, will you consider it true love?
what about if you find out that your lover purposely made you to fall in love with her, will you still consider it true love?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol.....artful dodging and insults
It was not an insult; you just don't know and the sad part is that you think you know but you don't know that you don't know.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
It was not an insult; you just don't know and the sad part is that you think you know but you don't know that you don't know.

How can you directly say that someone doesnt know love?

You call yourself a christian? Smh.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Kay17: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

I said man is incapable of love on his own. Man is subject to love. Man falls in love. he does not create love, he yields to it.
The point I am making is that any time man loves, he must relinquish himself and surrender to something greater than him.

If you hold the secular humanist view, where everything emanates from man, then man must manufacture the 'love' that he shows and that is not love you can call it kindness at best but it is definitely not love.

Let me ask you this:
Can you tell me how you know that someone loves you?
Is love not best expressed by what your lover is willing to give up for your sake?
If you find out that your lover consciously makes herself to love you, will you consider it true love?
what about if you find out that your lover purposely made you to fall in love with her, will you still consider it true love?

Manufacture love? What does that mean? If you believe man fails love or subject to love still the same as man loving/ man loves.

Didn't you agree that Love was a choice??
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kay 17:

Manufacture love? What does that mean? If you believe man fails love or subject to love still the same as man loving/ man loves.

Didn't you agree that Love was a choice??
The choice is in the yielding. When one man puts the needs of another before his own needs to the detriment of himself, you have love. If a person chooses to suffer disadvantage so that another person can benefit. You have love.

In a system where morality emanates from the self, the best you can get is where both men suffer disadvantage in the hope of attaining future benefit or where one sacrifices one need so as to fulfill a mutual goal.
No man willfully suffers loss in a secular humanist worldview.

MacDaddy01:

How can you directly say that someone doesnt know love?

You call yourself a christian? Smh.
It is because I am a christian that I am telling you the truth. If I didn't love you, I will not tell you the truth. lol
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:

It is because I am a christian that I am telling you the truth. If I didn't love you, I will not tell you the truth. lol

I am loving this thread.

This will remain evidence that anony has no credibility when it comes to debate. He will twist logic and commonsense to abuse anything that is not christian.....even to the point declaring that his opponent doesnt know love and happily defending such an outrageous and slanderous claim.

Shameless.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I am loving this thread.

This will remain evidence that anony has no credibility when it comes to debate. He will twist logic and commonsense to abuse anything that is not christian.....even to the point declaring that his opponent doesnt know love and happily defending such an outrageous and slanderous claim.

Shameless.
dude, you don't know what love means and that's a fact. To say otherwise would be dishonest of me.

Your whining doesn't change anything
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
dude, you don't know what love means and that's a fact. To say otherwise would be dishonest of me.

Your whining doesn't change anything

Whining?

Did you mean to write "winning"? This is because you have lost the argument to me. You first tried to redefine "love" to meet your christian point of view and after that failed, you are now saying that I do not know about love.

Epic fail.

When you are in a debate, you dont go into a personal attack without evidence. How can you just say that I do notknow anything about love? Are you caliming that I hate my parents or that I respect and take care of?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Kay17: 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
The choice is in the yielding. When one man puts the needs of another before his own needs to the detriment of himself, you have love. If a person chooses to suffer disadvantage so that another person can benefit. You have love.

In a system where morality emanates from the self, the best you can get is where both men suffer disadvantage in the hope of attaining future benefit or where one sacrifices one need so as to fulfill a mutual goal.
No man willfully suffers loss in a secular humanist worldview.

Still the action word Love.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cbravo3: 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" / Synagogue Victims: TB Joshua Sponsors 42 Family Members To Nigeria For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.