Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,817,001 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 (9284 Views)

Mo Farah Wins 5000m World Title To Complete The Triple-double! / Mo Farah Has A Twin Brother / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by umra8901(f): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
Mo Farah won the race in 13:41.66. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18912882
He's the 7th man to win both the 5,000m and 10,000m events at the same Olympics.
Dejen Gebremeskel of Ethiopia finished in a time of 13:41.98 in silver with Kenya's Thomas Pkemei Longosiwa with a time of 13:42.36 in bronze.

This race is definitely in my top five events throughout the games. It was even better than the 100m finals and a little better than the 200m men's finals. It literally kept me on the edge of my seat.
Words cannot express how excited and on edge I was throughout the race(you would have thought I was been paid to cheer him on) The energy from the stadium was absolutely amazing and I am so jealous that I wasn't able to be there.

Congratulations to Mo Farah and for those who weren't able to watch it live, you can watch it on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w335z

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Sunofgod(m): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
Aboki - well done ohh,

4 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by kuzzieOtiz: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
Traitor. Snake. Judas. undecided
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by onila(f): 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
traitor! he shld have ran for his country somalia
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Sunofgod(m): 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
kuzzieOtiz: Traitor. Snake. Judas. undecided

Leave Mohammed Mo alone - He's British!

2 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by umra8901(f): 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
kuzzieOtiz: Traitor. Snake. Judas. undecided

shocked shocked
Wow!!! Why?
Dude is half British and half Somalian. Let him be jare. At least he is celebrated and encouraged here to reach his full potentials.
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by excondido(m): 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
I WAS ROOTING FOR ONE OF THE 'LOST BOYS OF AFRICA' LOPEZ LOMONG TO REPAY THE TRUST AMERICANS REPOSED IN HIM, THOUGH HE IS FROM SOUTHERN SUDAN.

1 Like

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by mukina2: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
nice run, he did extremely well

Somalian or British, i just know he did well grin

two gold medals cool

1 Like

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by kuzzieOtiz: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2012
umra_8901:

shocked shocked
Wow!!! Why?
Dude is half British and half Somalian. Let him be jare. At least he is celebrated and encouraged here to reach his full potentials.
Born in Somalia, not half British.
Trains in Kenyan highlands.
Lives in America.
Runs for Britain.

Could have run for somalia and give them 2 medals in my opinion. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by umra8901(f): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2012
kuzzieOtiz:
[color=#770077]Born in Somalia, not half British.
His dad is British love and that makes him half Somalian and half British. smiley
Would he have been able to train to this level if he decided to run for Somalia? Yes, a sporting brand or the IOC could have trained him, but the keyword is could. He loves England and to him, it's home. He's free to represent whatever country he feels is home to him and he did.

1 Like

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by justwise(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
onila: traitor! he shld have ran for his country somalia

What has Somalia done for him?

4 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by ebamma(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
my name is andy i come from randy i use my handy to chop some candy,
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by kuzzieOtiz: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
umra_8901:
His dad is British love and that makes him half Somalian and half British. smiley
Would he have been able to train to this level if he decided to run for Somalia? Yes, a sporting brand or the IOC could have trained him, but the keyword is could. He loves England and to him, it's home. He's free to represent whatever country he feels is home to him and he did.
Mo was born in Mogadishu, both Somali parents.
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by kuzzieOtiz: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
justwise:

What has Somalia done for him?
It's not what your country does for you, it's all about what you do for your country.
In my opinion is he ran for Somalia he could have been that man that inspired other Somalis to start taking sports and represent their country in the Olympics.
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by umra8901(f): 9:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
kuzzieOtiz:
Mo was born in Mogadishu, both Somali parents.

For all of you who keep on arguing that he isn't British too, read this http://olympicsblog.co.uk/athletes/mo-farah/ and stop using that as a reason as to why he shouldn't have run for GB. His dad is British. The man was born in England and grew up in Hounslow. He met Mo's mum in Somalia when he went back for holiday.
If your Father is Nigerian and you were born in England, will you not be half Nigerian and half British? Sho... undecided
I don't get why people are refusing to accept who he is. Na wa o.

kuzzieOtiz:
It's not what your country does for you, it's all about what you do for your country.
In my opinion is he ran for Somalia he could have been that man that inspired other Somalis to start taking sports and represent their country in the Olympics.
When Somalia has been in so much hassle and war-torn for the past 21 years, I would think that the most important thing on people's mind will be their safety and wellbeing not taking up sports. How can you run and train if you are not sure you'll be alive tomorrow or don't know where your next meal will come from?

2 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by justwise(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
kuzzieOtiz:

Theory.

1 Like

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
umra_8901:

For all of you who keep on arguing that he isn't British too, read this http://olympicsblog.co.uk/athletes/mo-farah/ and stop using that as a reason as to why he shouldn't have run for GB. His dad is British. The man was born in England and grew up in Hounslow. He met Mo's mum in Somalia when he went back for holiday.
If your Father is Nigerian and you were born in England, will you not be half Nigerian and half British? Sho... undecided
I don't get why people are refusing to accept who he is. Na wa o.

When Somalia has been in so much hassle and war-torn for the past 21 years, I would think that the most important thing on people's mind will be their safety and wellbeing not taking up sports. How can you run and train if you are not sure you'll be alive tomorrow or don't know where your next meal will come from?

Don't mind them, is Mo the only Somalian with 2 legs? Why did other Somalians not doing well in the Olympic? Britain invested in him and they are ripping it now.

2 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by solomon111(m): 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2012
When this guy commits a crime tommorrow,you will see britain distancing themselves from him.That is when we will start hearing about his somali heritage.
Well i dont blame him,it is the useless african leaders,that have allowed their sons and daughters become beast of burden,to be used and discarded, in Europe and America.

2 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
We should be seeing warya/ayanla soon. undecided
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by solomon111(m): 10:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Don't mind them, is Mo the only Somalian with 2 legs? Why did other Somalians not doing well in the Olympic? Britain invested in him and they are ripping it now.
What is wrong with him gaining the neccessary expertise and deciding to run for his country,somalia?
Is it not all about sacrifice?
It may even be the catalyst for the turn-around, that somalia needs,like a national re-awakening.
The average black man has prioritize money,far above more important things.
Was it not people that 'sacrificed' for britain to become what it is today?
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
solomon111: What is wrong with him gaining the neccessary expertise and deciding to run for his country,somalia?
It may even be the catalyst for the turn-around, that somalia needs,like a national re-awakening.

His Daddy is British, did you understand that? The British invested money on him, did you also understand that? He doesn't have to run for Somalia, go and preach to Somalian Govt and leave the poor guy alone, he made the best decision of his life and its paying.

1 Like

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by ismhab(m): 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
SOMALI IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY, IS A FAILED STATE.

1 Like

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Ninilowo(m): 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
kuzzieOtiz:
Born in Somalia, not half British.
Trains in Kenyan highlands.
Lives in America.
Runs for Britain.

Could have run for somalia and give them 2 medals in my opinion. undecided
Fugitive and wanderer
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Ninilowo(m): 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2012
solomon111: When this guy commits a crime tommorrow,you will see britain distancing themselves from him.That is when we will start hearing about his somali heritage.
Well i dont blame him,it is the useless african leaders,that have allowed their sons and daughters become beast of burden,to be used and discarded, in Europe and America.
That is just it.
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Ninilowo(m): 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
solomon111: What is wrong with him gaining the neccessary expertise and deciding to run for his country,somalia?
yes now. Let's take a look at those guys that represented Nigeria in basketball. It's only Olumide that was brought up in this country but despite that they featured for Nigeria. Same goes for the guy that represented Nigeria in rowing.
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by emmalezy(m): 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
onila: traitor! he shld have ran for his country somalia
Shattaaap if he dares to do that belief me he won't even come 5th... Y not support this guys ode osheee

2 Likes

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Ninilowo(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
It is not their faults now, it's because we receive them with open arms when they return home at the end of their careers when their adopted nations are through with them and dump them. We even go ahead to make them ambassadors like John Fashanu. where is Obikwelu now? eh? They have no other name than BA*T*RDS.
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by umra8901(f): 11:48pm On Aug 11, 2012
justwise:

His Daddy is British, did you understand that? The British invested money on him, did you also understand that? He doesn't have to run for Somalia, go and preach to Somalian Govt and leave the poor guy alone, he made the best decision of his life and its paying.
Leave them alone... As if if they had the opportunity, they wouldn't have done the same and more. Mtcheww.

Haha. So if Nigeria decides to train a half Nigerian and Half American and the athlete can compete to world standards and is Nigeria's hope for a gold medal and tomorrow after all the training, money investment and sponsorship the athlete then tells Nigeria Athletic federation that they're going to represent America will you not be the first person to swear for him and his family for using the country's resources and manpower and then betraying them to represent someplace else? undecided angry
Since the end of the last Olympics in Beijing when he didn't even qualify for the finals, he has been training with the best that the country can offer. Now, they are reaping the rewards and you are yarning wool there. Let Somalia work hard to train and bring up their athletes so that they know no one helped. It was them and them alone that made their athletes to be who they are and where they are.
No one wants to work hard and see someone else reap the good reward of their sweat and it's the same for GB and Mo.
Well done to them jare. smiley

1 Like

Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:04am On Aug 12, 2012
a Somalian is a Somalian... Mogadishu is NOTTTT Great Britain...finishhhh
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by abdulkayus(m): 12:14am On Aug 12, 2012
Hmmm, Mohammad Farrah
Re: Mo Farah Wins 5000M In London Olympics 2012 by OAM4J: 12:49am On Aug 12, 2012
Now the whole British media praise him. "He is one fine British Athlete". The day he messes up or commits a crime they will remember his origin and call him a "Somalia immigrant"

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Higher Institutions Football League: More Than Just Football / Yahaya Gaku Dies In Kaduna Hospital / FIBA Ranks D’tigress 19th After Fine W’cup Outing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.