Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Fashion Faux Pas - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Faux Pas (1509 Views)

Rapper Lil' Kim Show Off Painful Camel Toe As She Makes A BIG Fashion Faux Pas / Fashion Faux-pas Or Sheer PR Brilliance? / Fashion Faux Pas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Faux Pas by pearlhapi(f): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is a percieved error in fashion•and most of these errors are made knowingly or unknowingly.these are the few I have been able to come up with and more are welcome
1.Letting ones botecrack show.÷this is one very embarrasing thing to get ones self into.imagine that your pen fell to the ground and in the process of picking it up d deep lines dat cuts through your back and anus is exposed to the eyes of everyone•it is a fashion faux pas

2•wearing a shoe with one of your toe outside÷many ladies do this and its a fashion No No!if your shoes are too tight or small give them out than wearin them and struggling to tuck in one of your toe which eventually comes out•

3•panty lines on trouser÷self explanatory•it is a fashion No No•

4÷wearing busy t_shirts÷eg too much designs colours and absurd languages÷imagine wearing a tshirt with an inscription,KISS ME FAST and the hosts of them•it goes along way to affect how people would look at and adress you•

5•avoid jumpy T_shirts÷its either they are short or long•

6•avoid pants[trousers]that are too long or too short•

7•do not match too much colours÷this applies mostly to the ladies•try as much as you can to look simple but gorgeous•

8•for d boys÷your belt should match your pants[trousers]

9•dress for the season÷imagine wearing a sweater or a tuttle neck top or shirt on a sunny weather and probably matching it with a face cap or a winter hat?scary and its a fashion NO No
10•avoid colour blocking÷if you must do it let it make sense and not too loud•
11•your clothes shouldn't be a second skin÷dont let your clothes too tight or too large•
12•avoid too much accesories÷keep it simple•
13•dress for your body type
14•try not to mix animal prints eg wearin a zebra printed top with a snake printed handbag etc
Dress for yourself and learn not to take in every kind of fashion dat is in vogue•
15•lastly÷dress responsibly but cute and gorgeous
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by Emmy9ite(m): 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2012
Nice tips!
For the ladies,avoid mini skirts and 'spaghetti' tops if u have stretch marks! It irritates me! Its a fashion NO NO!
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by pearlhapi(f): 6:50am On Aug 13, 2012
Emmy9ite: Nice tips!
For the ladies,avoid mini skirts and 'spaghetti' tops if u have stretch marks! It irritates me! Its a fashion NO NO!
yes and for the guys avoid this nonsense form of colour rioting in the name of swag.dress maturely and gorgeous
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by Emmy9ite(m): 8:12am On Aug 13, 2012
pearl~hapi:
yes and for the guys avoid this nonsense form of colour rioting in the name of swag.dress maturely and gorgeous
i will forward ur advice to kids. :*
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by ITbomb(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2012
Sometimes, we dont need cloths
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by pearlhapi(f): 11:25am On Aug 13, 2012
ITbomb: Sometimes, we dont need cloths
lmao!wondering what it would look like
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by pearlhapi(f): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2012
Emmy9ite: i will forward ur advice to kids. :*
plz do.atimes its really appauling how guys dress all in the name of fashion buh it doesn't mean a guy shouldn't av a gud dress sense
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by Emmy9ite(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
pearl~hapi:
plz do.atimes its really appauling how guys dress all in the name of fashion buh it doesn't mean a guy shouldn't av a gud dress sense
true talk,its not thier fault sometimes,they imitate what thy watch on TV
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by pearlhapi(f): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
Emmy9ite: true talk,its not thier fault sometimes,they imitate what thy watch on TV
I agree to an extent
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by BluStreak(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2012
Hey Pearl, u got it wrong on this one; matching belt & pants (ie your trousers) for the guys. Its should matching your belt with your shoes. Just imagine a guy (I see a lot though & I feel pity on their ignorance) wearing a blue pair of chucks and a white belt on an off-white three quater chinos. Horrible I'll say.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by pearlhapi(f): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2012
BluStreak: Hey Pearl, u got it wrong on this one; matching belt & pants (ie your trousers) for the guys. Its should matching your belt with your shoes. Just imagine a guy (I see a lot though & I feel pity on their ignorance) wearing a blue pair of chucks and a white belt on an off-white three quater chinos. Horrible I'll say.
I just tot of it too!I think that's off btw thanks dear,buh í know there's something that should match a guys pant can't really remember how it was explained to me.

(1) (Reply)

Product Feature: The ‘design Of A Diaspora’ Boardroom Blazer Dress From Zuvaa / REGISTRATION & AUDITION: Beauty Of Africa International Pageant 2015 / PHOTOS: 10 Yemi Alade-inspired Hairstyles You Should Try Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.