Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,923 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector (1422 Views)

The Witch Hunters: To Hunt A Level Four - A Contemporary Fantasy / African Art / Do Contemporary African Writers Actually Sell Books? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector by newacca: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
I am sorry for discussing this subject on the LITERATURE/WRITING thread. I have searched everywhere on this forum and I cannot find any thread for Arts and Craft. Though Fashion,Culture,Entertainment,Culinary and writing are kinds of arts;yet I am not satisfied that the main source of Art is not gaining any attention on this forum and I have not seen any new thread for Art on its own.
In my own opinion,I believe ARTS&CRAFT should have its own thread to create more awareness and attention for contemporary African art.
I have a thought that Art is life and I have gained more followers in my school of thought on this view. They agree with me that there is more to art than drawing,painting,printing,carving etc. Art tells stories of human,nature,animals and society. Art identifies the challenges of our world and through art comes the solutions. Art preaches peace and unite the world irrespective of race,background,culture and history. Art is a source of life. Art is life.
Everybody is gifted! I hereby challenge inspiring Nigerian talents to come out and showcase the beauty of African arts and culture. I want utilize this medium to showcase some of my works,though I am not a trained Artist. I grew up to have natural flair for Art. I started from drawing Aeroplanes,Comics,Tree in my early stage of life and I continued a while when I finished my secondary school education but I deviated into other career while getting into the higher institution,no regret though.
Each and everyday of my life,something in me would not let me rest. Art keeps coming to mind like someone is punching hard on my head. I got no alternative than to submit to nature. I am calling on my African talents that share same dream to come and let's unite to live our dreams.
Let us discuss issues on
*Fine Art: Drawing,Painting,Sculpture,Printing,Cartoon,Comics etc

*Decorative Art

* Visual Art

* Applied Art etc

I will attach a copy of some drawings I made some years back. I am looking forward to suggestions,criticism and commendations.
Re: ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector by newacca: 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
Olumo rock before being supported with Elevator

Re: ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector by newacca: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ancestral figure.
BAULE (COTE D'VOIRE)

BAMBARA (MALI)

Re: ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector by ayobase(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
U have said it all.....''art is life''!
Im following this!
Nice one.
I hope Seun will listen to u!
Re: ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector by Cuddlemii: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2012
newacca: I am sorry for discussing this subject on the LITERATURE/WRITING thread. I have searched everywhere on this forum and I cannot find any thread for Arts and Craft. Though Fashion,Culture,Entertainment,Culinary and writing are kinds of arts;yet I am not satisfied that the main source of Art is not gaining any attention on this forum and I have not seen any new thread for Art on its own.
In my own opinion,I believe ARTS&CRAFT should have its own thread to create more awareness and attention for contemporary African art.
I have a thought that Art is life and I have gained more followers in my school of thought on this view. They agree with me that there is more to art than drawing,painting,printing,carving etc. Art tells stories of human,nature,animals and society. Art identifies the challenges of our world and through art comes the solutions. Art preaches peace and unite the world irrespective of race,background,culture and history. Art is a source of life. Art is life.
Everybody is gifted! I hereby challenge inspiring Nigerian talents to come out and showcase the beauty of African arts and culture. I want utilize this medium to showcase some of my works,though I am not a trained Artist. I grew up to have natural flair for Art. I started from drawing Aeroplanes,Comics,Tree in my early stage of life and I continued a while when I finished my secondary school education but I deviated into other career while getting into the higher institution,no regret though.
Each and everyday of my life,something in me would not let me rest. Art keeps coming to mind like someone is punching hard on my head. I got no alternative than to submit to nature. I am calling on my African talents that share same dream to come and let's unite to live our dreams.
Let us discuss issues on
*Fine Art: Drawing,Painting,Sculpture,Printing,Cartoon,Comics etc

*Decorative Art

* Visual Art

* Applied Art etc

I will attach a copy of some drawings I made some years back. I am looking forward to suggestions,criticism and commendations.

Please carry on, I love it!

You are displaying it on the right section. Literary/writing doesn't revolve around write-ups alone.
Art is a major part of it as well, they are inter-woven. Telling stories in pictures is also related to it. This was part of the things I suggested some months back------->

PICTURE STORIES- Tell your story with pictures, drawings (abstract or real life), cartoons, graffiti, collages, comics, paintings etc. You can use paint on your PC, you can scan or get an electronic copy of your work and paste it online. It can be story or expression of heartbreak, love, anger etc. Just a literary expression in pictures or fine arts.

1 Like

Re: ANCIENT&CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN ART (artists,art Students,art Lovers And Collector by newacca: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2012
@Ayobase,
thanx a million. We are sharing the same thought. I hope moderators will share this with us.

@cuddlemii,

We are on it together Sis. Grazie.
Now let's c what happens.

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Couple. Chapter 1-3 / Excerpt From A Novel I'm Writing / Nigeria At 51: The Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.