Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Qur'an AND Modern Science - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Qur'an AND Modern Science (1092 Views)

Quran And Modern Science - Compatible Or Incompatible / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed / The Qur'an - Allah's Word Or Muhammad's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Qur'an AND Modern Science by damas11111(m): 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Asalam Alaykum my fellow Muslims. Hope the fasting is going on pleasantly. May Allah reward us abundantly for it and count us among the favoured ones on the day of recompense, Ameeen.

I have decided to create this thread in order to share the knowledge of a book titled "The Qur'an AND Modern Science" with Muslims (and the willing non-Muslims who are inquisitive about Islam). The book was written by Dr. Maurice Bucaille (of French Academy of Medicine) and was first published in 1976.

I am not really convinced I'll be able to do justice to this topic but I've resolved to give it a try. So may Allah help me through it.

I will attempt to summarize each topic with quotations from the book and we can thereafter contribute/discuss as may be required. Of course I don't mind any of our more knowledgeable Muslims in the house, who are more conversant with the book/topic to contribute extensively or take the lead as we progress.
Re: The Qur'an AND Modern Science by damas11111(m): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
INTRODUCTION
Dr. Maurice Bucaile, an eminent French surgeon, was selected to treat the mummy of Merneptah (Pharaoh). During his visit to Saudi Arabia he was shown the verses of the Holy Qur'an in which Allah, the Exalted, says that the body of Pharaoh will be preserved as a "Sign" for posterity. Dr, Bucaile as a Christian was already conversant with the Biblical version of Pharaoh's story as being drowned in pursuit of Prophet Moses (AS). He was pleasantly surprised to learn that unknown to the world till only of late, the Holy Qur'an made definite prediction about the preservation of the body of the same Pharaoh of Moses' time. This led him to study the Holy Qur'an thoroughly after learning the Arabic language. The final conclusion of his comparative study of the Qur'an and the Bible is that the statements about scientific phenomena in the Holy Qur'an are perfectly in conformity with the modern sciences whereas the Biblical narrations of the same subjects are scientifically not acceptable.
Re: The Qur'an AND Modern Science by ayobase(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
This is gonna be interesting.
Pls, do explain how it is not!
Re: The Qur'an AND Modern Science by damas11111(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
ayobase: This is gonna be interesting.
Pls, do explain how it is not!

I will. But it's contained in another book by the same author titled "The Qur'an, the Bible and Science". Note that this one is "The Qur'an and Modern Science".
Re: The Qur'an AND Modern Science by siddiq202(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
following
Re: The Qur'an AND Modern Science by damas11111(m): 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
CREATION OF THE UNIVERSE
Qur'an 7:54 says "Your Lord is Allah Who created the Heavens and the Earth in six days ..."

Qur'an 21:30 - "Do not the unbelievers see that the Heavens and the Earth were joined together, then We clove them asunder?..."

Qur'an 25:59 - "God is the one Who created the Heavens and the Earth and all that is between them.."

These are some of the Qur'anic verses affirming that it is Allah Who created the Heaven and the Earth and all that is between them. The intermediary creation corresponds to the modern discovery of bridges of matter which are present outside organized astronomical systems.

(1) (Reply)

French Weekly Publishes Cartoons Insulting The Prophet (sa) / Boko Haram And Religion / Solar/lunar Eclipses In Islam (prophet Teaching)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.