Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay (9149 Views)

Lagos Power Projects Receives Boost With Transformer Plant / FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects / Power Projects At 80% Completion, Says Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by texazzpete(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2012
Thisday's Journalism Hits A New Low...batman To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/honeywell-to-invest-1bn-on-power-project/122253/

According to ThisDay, Batman actor Christian Bale is the CEO of Honeywell group...and they followed it up with a caption photo of the actor dancing with catwoman...ripped from the latest batman movie.

Sadly, such shoddy work is the norm with many Nigerian journalists these days.

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by asha80(m): 10:34am On Aug 13, 2012
cheesy
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Bawss1(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2012
In fairness the ThisDay article stated that the CEO of Honeywell is Chris Bale not Christian Bale. Still, how the reporter thought it fitting that it must be the Batman actor is a mystery.

Maybe the Joker has taken over ThisDay newspaper. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Series22(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2012
texazzpete: Thisday's Journalism Hits A New Low...batman To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/honeywell-to-invest-1bn-on-power-project/122253/

According to ThisDay, Batman actor Christian Bale is the CEO of Honeywell group...and they followed it up with a caption photo of the actor dancing with catwoman...ripped from the latest batman movie.

Sadly, such shoddy work is the norm with many Nigerian journalists these days.

and wats d meaning of dis news?
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Bawss1(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2012
^ Did you even read it at all? This is how folks are easily misinformed because of laziness.

1 Like

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by haruna1970(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2012
Honeywell group not batman.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Leboska(m): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2012
Well will it add any thing 2 our economy? If nothing then his visit doesn't worth d publicity or even being discuse
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Aug 13, 2012
lol
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by texazzpete(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2012
haruna1970: Honeywell group not batman.

Captain Obvious.

Leboska: Well will it add any thing 2 our economy? If nothing then his visit doesn't worth d publicity or even being discuse

Words fail me...If i describe you now dem go say i too dey abuse pesin. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by dare2think: 10:56am On Aug 13, 2012
He probably googled 'Chris bale' and simply copied and pasted the pix without proper verification!

Not surprised!

Lazy journalism!
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by texazzpete(m): 10:57am On Aug 13, 2012
Screenshot in case they delete it smiley

EDIT: added to the OP too.

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Bawss1(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2012
This will surely be the end of Batman unless Honeywell Wayne Enterprises is willing to do business the Nigerian way. grin
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by manitobor(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2012
Appalling! Have always seen them as the most credible news paper around. Really appalling.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2012
Bawss1: In fairness the ThisDay article stated that the CEO of Honeywell is Chris Bale not Christian Bale. Still, how the reporter thought it fitting that it must be the Batman actor is a mystery.

You're not serious! grin grin grin
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Rhino5dm: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2012
Thisday news paper is the most useless and compromised paper. worthless than toilet paper.

2 Likes

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by asha80(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2012
cheesy waiting for sagamite's comment and failed education system.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Revolva(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2012
Wait I don't understand you mean batman wanna deal with honeywell - how ?? On what grounds na wa ooo abi dem wan do batman noodles
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by anicho(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2012
Nigerian journalism needs help...but you can upgrade yourself....check my signature 4 how 2do so.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2012
What the Hell, Mehn, I'm gonna do a recorded screencast on this. shocked shocked

I think I'll drop a "Honest" comment on this Article. grin cool
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2012
I clicked on the link expecting to see a correction, only to see the gaffe still smiling at me.

Ridiculous.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by DICKtator: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2012
The effects of the Jokers(Boko Haram) attack on their premises is still fresh in their memory that is while such silly blunder could be made.I expect them to have bounced back since their Boss have a good relationship with top govt officials/functionaries!!!

ThisDay=Obiagena=PDP Sleeping Member
P.S: I was high when I typed this irrespective of the fact that I typed it well, to hell with wot u think!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by xerl: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2012
I visited the HoneyWell website under their leadership page and there is no Batman on their leadership list
http://honeywell.com/About/HoneywellLeadership/Pages/honeywell-leadership.aspx

Except Honeywell just fired their CEO just before this news.

1 Like

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by yuzedo: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2012
texazzpete:

Captain Obvious.

Words fail me...If i describe you now dem go say i too dey abuse pesin. cheesy

Oh my lordd!! i cried man. . Did you read that guy's comment?!?? i sh.it bricks! grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2012
Finally, they've noticed their gaffe and have subsequently replaced the "Batman n' Catwoman" pics with power grid. Wacky journalism indeed!
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by wesley80(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2012
Thisday fall my hand sha.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Ejine(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2012
Oh for pete's sake Texazzpete... Why so serious?
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by megawax8: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Thisday news paper is the most useless and compromised paper. worthless than toilet paper.
point of correction,Toilet paper has serious worth grin grin
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by AjanleKoko: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2012
Looks like they fixed it.

Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by maclatunji: 11:55am On Aug 13, 2012
The graphic artist has been watching too many movies.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by minii: 11:56am On Aug 13, 2012
haba naw. this is definately not the real Chris Bale.
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by Ejine(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2012
Bawss1: In fairness the ThisDay article stated that the CEO of Honeywell is Chris Bale not Christian Bale. Still, how the reporter thought it fitting that it must be the Batman actor is a mystery.

I guess he's just trying to 'put a smile on our faces' after the disastrous London 2012 outing grin
Re: 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay by minii: 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
Habba naw. This is definately not the Ceo of Honeywell.There is surely a mix up somewhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NLC Strike: Rivers Government Threatens Workers With ‘no Work, No Pay’ Order / Bashir Ahmad: A Lot Has Changed Positively In Borno Under Buhari / Bode George: Leaving Presidency Ticket Open In PDP Unfair, Recipe For Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.