Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 (17782 Views)

Okorocha Spotted On A Train In London After Being Embarrassed By IPOB. Photo / Enugu In Turmoil As Police Shot At Biafran Protesters-pics / Enugu In Deep Riot Against Boko Haram Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
beautiful!
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by SisiKill1: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2012
yomz1e:

Thats my uncle John Smith in the 2nd picture, i recognise him from the long nose, he was the airport lastweek flying back to canada because he couldn't stand the heat in Kaduna

Whaaaaaat! Your Uncle went back in time to 1932?!! shocked shocked shocked

Hmmmm, me thinks you are trying to pull a fast one on us here. . .you don't have an Uncle do ya? I knew it!!! cool
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by Epalos: 1:19am On Aug 14, 2012
And where is the evidence to proof that this is infact eastern nigeria? is it the same iboland where white people met you unclad and hopping from one tree to another?

1 Like

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by UyiIredia(m): 1:36am On Aug 14, 2012
See how beautiful it looked.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by ismhab(m): 1:57am On Aug 14, 2012
Thas when lord lugard is stealling our groundnut and transporting human beings as slaves.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by ezicat: 2:58am On Aug 14, 2012
26 likes for such a statement "handing it over to the black man"

How sad that people are so short-sighted. Assuming that the picture is accurate, what makes you think that nigg3rs were allowed to ride on that train? Yes, I'm using the derogatory term to get my point across - too many people forget their history (or don't know it at all). What does it gain you if all of your country is "developed" but you're treated as a second class citizen within it? And if you think otherwise, you really must be living on a different Earth). How many countries have thrived under colonization? Most people like to point to South Africa. News flash - South Africa got its independence from Britain as far back as the 1930's so try again. And it might be the wealthiest subsaharan African country, but have you stopped to think were that wealth might be concentrated? Such short-sightedness; such blind acquiescence, swallowing everything you've been told about yourselves by some invader, and then wondering why the continent isn't developing fast enough? Look in the mirror.

Yeah - a lot of things turned to shiat after independence; it tends to do so in most countries. Didn't the "great" USA have a civil war after its independence? You learn from your mistakes and bind together to create a better country using as much of the "freedom" you worked for. You don't keep whining about your former invaders. Stockholm Syndrome, anyone?
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by Navalsadiq(m): 4:49am On Aug 14, 2012
True words the 1965 coup urshered wahala into our beloved country nigeria.when some miscrant felt they were maginalised.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by sirsilentwalker: 8:06am On Aug 14, 2012
Handing it over to the crooks really
blink182: Handing it over to the black man is what went wrong.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 14, 2012
Darius2000:

Honestly, I have been thinking for a while if something is wrong with the blackman.........
There are times we shouldn't deceive ourselves. Something is definitely wrong with the black man. Imagine where Africa would be if it was not conquered and influenced by the white man centuries ago. Imagine the white man only decided to conquer the world this year. Study history and see what the ancestor of the white man did. The difference is too clear. I am still very proud to be black but...
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by crackhouse(m): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2012
Super1759: Ask ibb and buhari,including awolowo
they have not been born by then.

1 Like

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by KiKatanga: 9:22am On Aug 14, 2012
ezicat: 26 likes for such a statement "handing it over to the black man"

How sad that people are so short-sighted. Assuming that the picture is accurate, what makes you think that nigg3rs were allowed to ride on that train? Yes, I'm using the derogatory term to get my point across - too many people forget their history (or don't know it at all). What does it gain you if all of your country is "developed" but you're treated as a second class citizen within it? And if you think otherwise, you really must be living on a different Earth). How many countries have thrived under colonization? Most people like to point to South Africa. News flash - South Africa got its independence from Britain as far back as the 1930's so try again. And it might be the wealthiest subsaharan African country, but have you stopped to think were that wealth might be concentrated? Such short-sightedness; such blind acquiescence, swallowing everything you've been told about yourselves by some invader, and then wondering why the continent isn't developing fast enough? Look in the mirror.

Yeah - a lot of things turned to shiat after independence; it tends to do so in most countries. Didn't the "great" USA have a civil war after its independence? You learn from your mistakes and bind together to create a better country using as much of the "freedom" you worked for. You don't keep whining about your former invaders. Stockholm Syndrome, anyone?

I basically agree with all of this, but then again it will be heard only by those holding Korans and Bibles and hoping for a better afterlife, rather than working for a better life.

2 Likes

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2012
ezicat: 26 likes for such a statement "handing it over to the black man"

Please no one, we should learn to accept where we are so we can move forward. If you refuse to term a situation a 'challenge', it will go unsolved. The issue here is not about racism but managerial skills.

Niggaz where not allowed on the train so what? For decades the white man has been pushed out and niggaz have a chance to take a ride in it. What happened then, what stopped it from running?

Please get your argument straight, this is not a racial discrimination issue but that of management. please name just one system that is being properly run by a wholly black system? Just one. It's really annoying, can't we just do things right. Where in africa is a leader not out to steal? The thieving leaders are even better than those that have illusions of grandeur of ethnic supremacy.

1 Like

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by spyder880(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2012
pro01: Sorry to say, I don't believe that picture. . .how do we know that is truly Enugu, and if so, that it was indeed in 1936? I ain't buying that.

Its Enugu quite alright, the hills on the right, this is somewhere between Ayo and Agbani.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by spyder880(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2012
Uyi Iredia: See how beautiful it looked.

Is Enugu not beautiful, even to this day? Come and enjoy the city my friend grin
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by BarryX(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2012
the railine is the medicine that will cure the fucking death traps that are in the eastern region of Nigeria
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
product:

Fellow , where u been

U just forget USA student thread .

How are tins going down

Left the site for a long time due to personal committments but bk now. Didn't bother going bk to that thread because its grown to well over 5billion pages.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
Are you sure this is enugu?
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by dayokanu(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
Black the 5 Majors who truncated democracy in 1966

Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna, Nwobosi and co
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by odocity: 2:19am On Aug 15, 2012
accient and modern nigeria rail way coporation cudos.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by suhailinter: 6:46am On Aug 15, 2012
old days is the gold days....
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by oladayo042: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2012
SMH
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by OneNaira6: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2012

The biggest self-hater I've ever seen. Sadly you even got 33 likes.

Tufiakwa for Nigerians. Bunch of uncle toms and Aunty jemima

1 Like

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by jpphilips(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2012

black man with a black mind grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by jpphilips(m): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2012
Chongaiman:

Which British? Not the ones on planet earth I guess. angry

guy, Nigeria would be better off without independence, can you compare Hong-kong and South Africa with Nigeria?
yea!! that is because they enjoyed English hegemony longer than others but in the end, the English left behind unrivaled infrastructures.

Giving Nigeria independence was a great mistake, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Tafawa belewa did a great disservice to us.
racial discrimination is better than endemic corruption.

come to think of it, do you know any indigenous company that has a better welfare than it's english or western counterpart in the same line of business?
black man's slavery is worse than hell fire. Nigerians are already in hell, little wonder boko haram has nothing to lose
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by jpphilips(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
i think you just woke up and really in a hurry to sound interesting, what you are brandishing are has no mirror reflection of what average blacks pass through in the hands of their fellow blacks. without establishing that connection and making comparisons based on facts, your enlightenment has a lot or rough edges

How sad that people are so short-sighted.

i didn't see your long sight either

Assuming that the picture is accurate, what makes you think that nigg3rs were allowed to ride on that train? Yes, I'm using the derogatory term to get my point across - too many people forget their history (or don't know it at all).

you cant prove the contrary either

What does it gain you if all of your country is "developed" but you're treated as a second class citizen within it? And if you think otherwise, you really must be living on a different Earth). How many countries have thrived under colonization?

your argument here is misleading because 90% of Nigerians that i know live as second class citizens even under their fellow blacks.
let me enlighten you on citizen ship and a few of his rights.
a citizen is bestowed the right of citizen ship as enshrined in the constitution, can same be said of average Nigerians?
every American in Nigeria has position records with the US embassy and in time of crisis rescue comes promptly and adequately, is it applicable to Nigerian citizens under black leadership?

the security of lives and properties in Nigeria is the responsibility of the police, defense against internal and external threat is that of the Military, does the average Nigerian citizen feel these obligations as enshrined in the constitution?

how does the judgement from the judiciary affect the lives of the average Nigerians?

the right to life is not only a constitutional right but a fundamental one, how has Nigerian citizens fared under the reign of the black man under this?

talk about economic security, talk about education, health care et al, how has the Citizens fared?

Most people like to point to South Africa. News flash - South Africa got its independence from Britain as far back as the 1930's so try again. And it might be the wealthiest subsaharan African country, but have you stopped to think were that wealth might be concentrated? Such short-sightedness; such blind acquiescence, swallowing everything you've been told about yourselves by some invader, and then wondering why the continent isn't developing fast enough? Look in the mirror.

another way of trying to sound relevant, if the whites left SA in 1930 believe me, we may not be able to recognize SA on the Map just the same way Congo sounds like a musical instrument. the occupation of the whites till 1994 laid the foundation for their economic success and likewise put them on the map.

talking about concentration of wealth, who created the wealth in the first place? where should it concentrate? (a)the black bystanders? (2) the whites that created it?

you just shot urself on the foot because if you agree that wealth is concentrated with the whites, how come you couldn't figure out that the longer the whites stayed guaranteed their economic salvation? at least if you knew this, you wont remind us that they got independence long ago

that "shiat" you mentioned above when juxtaposed with the British rule benefited Nigerians more than PDP's cabalocracy, little wonder they are reminiscing in nostalgia.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by KiKatanga: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
jp philips: your argument here is misleading because 90% of Nigerians that i know live as second class citizens even under their fellow blacks.
a citizen is bestowed the right of citizen ship as enshrined in the constitution, can same be said of average Nigerians?
every American in Nigeria has position records with the US embassy and in time of crisis rescue comes promptly and adequately, is it applicable to Nigerian citizens under black leadership?

People won't believe you. They don't seem to understand. They live in nicer parts of Lagos and ignore the slums. They've never visited the North or even the rural villages. They have no idea what life is really like.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by jpphilips(m): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

People won't believe you. They don't seem to understand. They live in nicer parts of Lagos and ignore the slums. They've never visited the North or even the rural villages. They have no idea what life is really like.

they forgot that citizenship comes with rights and privileges, 90% of Nigerians have no such rights or privileges under black leadership. why will someone feel furious when the truth becomes obvious.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by issehfresh(f): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
Something needs to happen my peoplesad
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by issehfresh(f): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
Uyi Iredia: See how beautiful it looked.
my brother twas more than beautiful
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by ezicat: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
Again with the problem of ignorance: guess what? There is a black run country that is developed, that is considered first world - it's in the Caribbean, and it's small but it exists - it's called Barbados. I find it interesting that people like to separate things - you think that every black individual is incapable of good managerial skill; but it has nothing to do with race. How so exactly?

Did I say there weren't challenges? I believe I said "everything went to shiat..." Did I not say its up to us to bind together and develop our countries? What stopped the train from running? Our value system - that's what. Those who got handed the reign of power were more interested in enriching themselves than developing their country - still are. The former colonists were more interested in enriching their own countries and could care less about who they handed the power to as long as their own interests were being met - they're still doing the same thing.

It took centuries (and several revolutions) for Europe to get to where it currently is in terms of social services and government responsibilities; Rome wasn't built in a day. I expect growing pains in Africa as well. Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, the pace seems slower that that of the rest of the world. But what does making such statements as "giving it over to the black man" do to help the situation? What does that attitude of inferiority achieve? If the problem is managerial, then the solution can be a focus on creating more managerial streams in high schools and colleges (as opposed to the constant focus on the Sciences). etc etc

Face it - you're just a whiner; you're eager to point out problems but no real solutions to them. YOU are no different from the leaders you complain about; you have the exact same attitude.

blink182: Please no one, we should learn to accept where we are so we can move forward. If you refuse to term a situation a 'challenge', it will go unsolved. The issue here is not about racism but managerial skills.

Niggaz where not allowed on the train so what? For decades the white man has been pushed out and niggaz have a chance to take a ride in it. What happened then, what stopped it from running?

Please get your argument straight, this is not a racial discrimination issue but that of management. please name just one system that is being properly run by a wholly black system? Just one. It's really annoying, can't we just do things right. Where in africa is a leader not out to steal? The thieving leaders are even better than those that have illusions of grandeur of ethnic supremacy.
Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by ezicat: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
Another self-hater,

Listen. If you want to be be a slave - go ahead; just don't drag me in with you or label me with the same brush (I manage projects for a firm in North America not because I lack managerial skills but because I have them; and I'm as African as they come). Your list of all these things about the constitution this and the right of the citizen that - do you think black South Africans had all that under apartheid? NO. So what's your point? The counter argument would be, do black South Africans now have those rights under black rule? That answer to that is NOT YET. There is still a long way to go; there are still a lot of struggles ahead. THAT is the difference between racial discrimination and corruption.

And as for my South African example - I was illustrating the fact that the fruits of a country's labour are more likely to stay within the country after independence than leave. Judicious leaders know how to use those extra funds. Let me give another example - the US; that was one of the reasons for the fight for independence: to stop the UK from squeezing them dry.

jp philips: i think you just woke up and really in a hurry to sound interesting, what you are brandishing are has no mirror reflection of what average blacks pass through in the hands of their fellow blacks. without establishing that connection and making comparisons based on facts, your enlightenment has a lot or rough edges

i didn't see your long sight either

you cant prove the contrary either

your argument here is misleading because 90% of Nigerians that i know live as second class citizens even under their fellow blacks.

the security of lives and properties in Nigeria is the responsibility of the police, defense against internal and external threat is that of the Military, does the average Nigerian citizen feel these obligations as enshrined in the constitution?

how does the judgement from the judiciary affect the lives of the average Nigerians?

the right to life is not only a constitutional right but a fundamental one, how has Nigerian citizens fared under the reign of the black man under this?

talk about economic security, talk about education, health care et al, how has the Citizens fared?

another way of trying to sound relevant, if the whites left SA in 1930 believe me, we may not be able to recognize SA on the Map just the same way Congo sounds like a musical instrument. the occupation of the whites till 1994 laid the foundation for their economic success and likewise put them on the map.

talking about concentration of wealth, who created the wealth in the first place? where should it concentrate? (a)the black bystanders? (2) the whites that created it?

you just shot urself on the foot because if you agree that wealth is concentrated with the whites, how come you couldn't figure out that the longer the whites stayed guaranteed their economic salvation? at least if you knew this, you wont remind us that they got independence long ago

that "shiat" you mentioned above when juxtaposed with the British rule benefited Nigerians more than PDP's cabalocracy, little wonder they are reminiscing in nostalgia.

Re: Stunning Picture Of A Train In Enugu In 1936 by cjrane: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
Remii:

1965 coupist are to blame, they derailed plans of our leaders, those who got independence and had plans were killed and power got to hands of those that never planned for it.
.. and when these leaders were killed, Nigerians rejoiced because they thought the coupists were killing their ethnic rivals. Just as Nigerians are undermining every good work in any other region that isn't their traditional birth place.So Nigerians are very much responsible for they type of place Nigeria became.

By the way, that picture was not Kaduna airport(There was no airport in Kaduna in the 1930s) and the other picture of people working on a railway is actually from a Canadian website.That is not a Nigerian railroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Casts His Vote During Anambra Election (Photos) / Security: South East Governors Endorse NPF Community Policing Model / Malami Asks Court For More Time To File Processes In Kanu’s Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.