Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr (9821 Views)

Yuletide: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays / FG Declares April 3, 6 Public Holidays For Easter / FG Declares 8th And 9th August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by mukina2: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
The Federal Government has declared Monday August 20th and Tuesday the 21st as public holidays to commemorate the 2012 Eid-ul-fitr Sallah celebrations.

A press statement by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Interior, Ms Nwaobia Daniel, made the announcement.

The Minister of Interior, Mr Abba Moro, who made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government urged Nigerians to emulate the exemplary attributes of Islam which comprises love, tolerance and peaceful co-existence amongst Nigerians.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/13/f-g-declares-public-holiday-for-the-eid-ul-fitr-celebrations/
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
OK, as much as I dislike Islam and it's practice, in all fairness, they can have their day. Come to think of it, isn't one day enough? angry angry angry
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by miteolu(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ope o o o o

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by niddamugu(m): 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
manny4life: OK, as much as I dislike Islam and it's practice, in all fairness, they can have their day. Come to think of it, isn't one day enough? angry angry angry

I think 2 is just enough.... I think Boko Haram should imbibe the laws of islam...

1 Like

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by stepo707: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
Thnak God o.Sleeping mode activated from weekend. cheesy
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by wuwu(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
@manny4life..wat u jst wrote now show who u are..how wil u say such statement on a social network..do u knw dats someone's religion which he/she believes in..if u don't like it den dats ur cup of tea..we have different perspective..So mr man I urge u neva to say such abusive word if not u would see d punishment of Allah..
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
Good for me , i need it more than any person...Ramadam Kazeem grin
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
manny4life: OK, as much as I dislike Islam and it's practice, in all fairness, they can have their day. Come to think of it, isn't one day enough? angry angry angry

Yes one day is enough for them but two days are enough for me grin
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by brightpot: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
mukina2: The minister of interior,
Mr Abba Moro,
who made the declaration on behalf of the federal government urged nigerians to emulate the exemplary attributes of islam which comprises[b]love undecidedundecidedtoleranceundecidedundecided and shockedshockedshocked peaceful co-existenceshockedshockedshockedshocked amongst nigerians[/b]

The bolded is very questionable Mr Abba Moro.
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by rofesobi: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
Lovely! Ko ma roll............. Sat, Sun, Mon and Tue. Enough relaxation and enjoyment.
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by Beaf1: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2012

On the contrary, Islam will never 'dislike' you. It encourages you to see the light not to embrace darkness and deceit.

11 Likes

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by talktrue1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
federal government urged nigerians to emulate the exemplary attributes of islam
You go fear fear now

Na im be say everybody go become Boko haram
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by stolenstone: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
choi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!! What a long weekend its gonna be!
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by Series22(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
Lol, u hate dis people pass d way my parents hate dem o.. Take am easy o, dem stil b our sisters o (make i no use brothers)
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by dabuc(f): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
woah! This is interesting......very long weekend. smiley
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by djojo(m): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2012

Am just sorry for u, hope u mind the way u write or speak, not only on social network but anywhere, ur hatred to Islam will and will never stop Muslim to reign and will never stop Almighty Allah from doing good to u, but ur judgement await u,

why not go to Abuja and tell F.G that they should reduce it to one day since Easter and 25th dec is also one day.

6 Likes

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by Series22(m): 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
Beaf!:

On the contrary, Islam will never 'dislike' you. It encourages you to see the light not to embrace darkness and deceit.
make i hear word.. Una no see apples or oranges 2 throw 4 churches as a sign of luv. Na 2 throw bombs and spray AK47. Stop insulting our collective intelligence. Take ur luv story 2 d marines, we knw beta

7 Likes

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by Dhelake: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
Beaf!:

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: Lol, u hate dis people pass d way my parents hate dem o.. Take am easy o, dem stil b our sisters o (make i no use brothers)

I never used the word "HATE", I said dislike. Besides, I talked about the religion itself not the people practicing the religion...
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
wuwu: @manny4life..wat u jst wrote now show who u are..how wil u say such statement on a social network..do u knw dats someone's religion which he/she believes in..if u don't like it den dats ur cup of tea..we have different perspective..So mr man I urge u neva to say such abusive word if not u would see d punishment of Allah..

What statement did I make? Did I tell you I hate Islam, I simply said "as much as I dislike Islamic pratice", what's all the fuss about? Does that make me a religious hater? Nna, see me see trouble o...

Why are a lot of you sentimental? You're right, we have different perspective. There's nothing abusive in what I said, I only aired my humble opinion.
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
djojo:

Am just sorry for u, hope u mind the way u write or speak, not only on social network but anywhere, ur hatred to Islam will and will never stop Muslim to reign and will never stop Almighty Allah from doing good to u, but ur judgement await u,

why not go to Abuja and tell F.G that they should reduce it to one day since Easter and 25th dec is also one day.

Again, I do not "HATE" Islam, hate is a strong word, I only said I dislike their practice. If many of you cannot deal with it, I'm sorry but that's your problem.

Why should I go to Abuja, didn't I just say "in all fairness", they should have one day? If you make a better argument, then it's cool in the game...
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by ibsmooth: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
You dislike Islam and its practice for what reasons?Boko haram or terrorism come to my mind.I say you re miopic in ur thinking.Christianity which I believe you belong to introduced terrorism.I will tell u @ d appropiate time.what christians have committed in last 2000years,muslims can't do a quarter of it for 20000 yaers to come.Think of it,you guys always say Islam tells her followers to kill and go to heaven,pls quote that verse to me,you will see that most christians who literally are sun worshipers courtesy of Julius ceaser's introduction to their faith knows virtually nothing about what they do and by extention islam.your DIRTY BOOK called BIBLE with several authors who sat with the then pegans of rome has more of incitement than the qur'an.This is a fact backed by even christians missionaries.your religion has more criminals,terrorists,prostitutes,serial killers,homicides,bank thieves,killers(world war 1 and 2)smokers,drunkers,nudity dressing,drug lords than all religion combined.those that means the bible direct them to do it.I will teach you ur fuckin religion better because most christians re ignorant and sentimental about their religion.Useless people.we av kept quite for long and now we wl expose those verses that u really don't know.PRIVATISE RELIGION AND IDOL WORSHIPERS(CROSS)

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
Beaf!:

A lot of you folks on here are just sentimental cargoes, chai,

I have seen the light not to embrace darkness, HATE and DISLIKE are two different things. If I was a religious hater, I would have been a member of terror organizations the U.S. recognizes as terror groups. I DO NOT HATE ISLAM, like I said, I dislike it practice and what it stands for. That I don't like my boss don't mean I don't accomodate her, nor go into her office, seat, chat and discuss details with her. It just means that such relationship isn't there... I dislike Islamic practice doesn't mean I cannot accomodate nor acknowledge their practitioners.
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
ibsmooth: You dislike Islam and its practice for what reasons?Boko haram or terrorism come to my mind.I say you re miopic in ur thinking.Christianity which I believe you belong to introduced terrorism.I will tell u @ d appropiate time.what christians have committed in last 2000years,muslims can't do a quarter of it for 20000 yaers to come.Think of it,you guys always say Islam tells her followers to kill and go to heaven,pls quote that verse to me,you will see that most christians who literally are sun worshipers courtesy of Julius ceaser's introduction to their faith knows virtually nothing about what they do and by extention islam.your DIRTY BOOK called BIBLE with several authors who sat with the then pegans of rome has more of incitement than the qur'an.This is a fact backed by even christians missionaries.your religion has more criminals,terrorists,prostitutes,serial killers,homicides,bank thieves,killers(world war 1 and 2)smokers,drunkers,nudity dressing,drug lords than all religion combined.those that means the bible direct them to do it.I will teach you ur fuckin religion better because most christians re ignorant and sentimental about their religion.Useless people.we av kept quite for long and now we wl expose those verses that u really don't know.PRIVATISE RELIGION AND IDOL WORSHIPERS(CROSS)

WOW, coming from you...LOL

[size=18pt]NEXT![/size]
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by seedord247(m): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2012

MOD nor seee this oooo. If u con say your own na that time dem go placed banned on you and hide all your post.
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
niddamugu:

I think 2 is just enough.... I think Boko Haram should imbibe the laws of islam...

Well, I guess two is enough... grin grin grin
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
seedord247:

MOD nor seee this oooo. If u con say your own na that time dem go placed banned on you and hide all your post.

Damn, a lot of you need prayers, and seriously... Did I insult Islam now? I simply stated "as much as I dislike Islam and it's practice", please o, what is wrong in what I wrote? shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
Please people, yall shouldn't take my words out of context, what I said wasn't out of hate for anyone, I simply stated my dislike which I'm entitled to. Please people, take a chill pill, it's not that serious...
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by olugbemi4u: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Whatever they say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure and economy development. Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership, all we can see is inducing individual and group with cash to speak on his behalf over 400 million spent on declaration day economic wise this money can create job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 500billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.

No single industries function in the state. The state that has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world Iroko is not expose to attract investor to tap huge resource available in the state .

Ondo state has the largest level of unemployment in Nigeria. Akeredolu is on rescue mission. Mimiko is doing all these within is exposure and capacity not capable of delivery 21st century dividend of democracy. AKETI has travelled far and wide and has all it takes to transform the state within a short period of timeif given opportunity.
Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by brightpot: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
ibsmooth: You dislike Islam and its practice for what reasons?Boko haram or terrorism come to my mind.I say you re miopic in ur thinking.Christianity which I believe you belong to introduced terrorism.I will tell u @ d appropiate time.what christians have committed in last 2000years,muslims can't do a quarter of it for 20000 yaers to come.Think of it,you guys always say Islam tells her followers to kill and go to heaven,pls quote that verse to me,you will see that most christians who literally are sun worshipers courtesy of Julius ceaser's introduction to their faith knows virtually nothing about what they do and by extention islam.your DIRTY BOOK called BIBLE with several authors who sat with the then pegans of rome has more of incitement than the qur'an.This is a fact backed by even christians missionaries.your religion has more criminals,terrorists,prostitutes,serial killers,homicides,bank thieves,killers(world war 1 and 2)smokers,drunkers,nudity dressing,drug lords than all religion combined.those that means the bible direct them to do it.I will teach you ur fuckin religion better because most christians re ignorant and sentimental about their religion.Useless people.we av kept quite for long and now we wl expose those verses that u really don't know.PRIVATISE RELIGION AND IDOL WORSHIPERS(CROSS)
In ur myopic mind,anybody who is not å muslim automatically becomes å christian shockedshocked.I can sense how angry u were wen typing d above.It only shows how intolerant muslims are.

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ignorance at the highest level, you call the Holy Bible 'dirty' but if someone says such of the quran, you would possibly throw a bomb!

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr by manny4life(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^^

There you go, he calls it "dirty book", no one has attacked him. Please leave him to get angry as much as he like, it's a free world, he's entitled to it... grin grin grin

brightpot: In ur myopic mind,anybody who is not å muslim automatically becomes å christian shockedshocked.I can sense how angry u were wen typing d above.It only shows how intolerant muslims are.

This is same thing I said about one thread - Tolerance. Maclatunji or whatever his name is banned me for speaking out the truth - what they preach on that thread, they weren't exhibiting, anyway, I've decided not to go into war of words with no one.

Out of the intents of my heart, what I said wasn't out of hate, but simply expressing my own opinion based on experience... That's good enough for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Commence With Free Meals For 5.5million School Children From September / INEC Responds To Augustine Alegeh's Allegation On Inconclusive Elections / Niger Warns Of Flooding In Benin, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.