Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot (7909 Views)

Ghanaian Policemen Dancing With A Little Girl (photo) / Teen Saved A Little Girl From A Kidnapper / Steal A Little, But Don't Loot- Indian Minister Sparks Outcry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by aspabay(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
A minister in India’s most populous and politically crucial state, Uttar Pradesh, has said bureaucrats can steal a little as long as they work hard -sparking national outcry in a country whose ruling class has long been mired in corruption scandals.
“If you work hard, and put your heart and soul into it … then you are allowed to steal some,” Shivpal Singh Yadav told a gathering of local officials in comments caught on camera. “But don’t be a bandit.”
The comments on Thursday were caught by a local TV camera and then played on newscasts across the country. Yadav, a minister for public works who belongs to the state’s ruling Samajwadi Party, quickly sought to control the damage, calling a news conference to explain that the comments had been taken out of context and that he had been discussing how to combat corruption.
“In that event the media was not allowed in, I don’t know how they sneaked in. And if they had sneaked in, the whole discussion should have come out in the press, not just part of it,” he said on Friday. Uttar Pradesh, which is bigger than Brazil by population, was earlier governed by ‘Dalit Queen’ Mayawati. She has been criticized for spending millions of rupees on building statues of herself Äπϑ buying diamond jewelry despite widespread malnutrition and poverty in her state.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/420707/steal-a-little-but-dont-loot-indian-minister-sparks-outcry/
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by taharqa: 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Bwahahahaha......
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by manny4life(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
What's the difference between petty theft and large looter?

Thief is Thief, whether it's facrook or LG chairman, all is same thing

In all, this is so not a good advice, I was expecting something like, "PASS A BILL FOR DEATH PENALTY" just at the thought of trying to loot. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Funkymallam(m): 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by wellmax(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Wonders shall never end. I guess GEJ will be saying "loot but don't steal" grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by slowice(m): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
wot d minister meant was dat its okay to steal 1mill nd do projects worth 10mill as long as u dnt steal 1bill...hahahaha idian juju d more u look d less u see....d advice mek sense shaa unlyk sm farcrook, odii nd obii we ve in dis cun3

1 Like

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by 4Play(m): 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
All corruption is bad but there is a distinction between, for instance, the corrupt South Korean junta that transformed South Korea and the corrupt Nigerian ruling class. The former stole a ''little' but still developed their country whilst the latter stole with reckless abandon and failed to develop their country.

3 Likes

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Freiburger(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
He is atleast honest.

1 Like

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by BashMe1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
wellmax: Wonders shall never end. I guess GEJ will be saying "loot but don't steal" grin grin grin grin

Lafta' nearly make me slap my Oga for office. You read ma' mind beautifully
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
Thief small no be crime grin grin grin
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Super1759: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
"Loot but don't steal" NIGERIAN politician
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Asemo11(m): 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
But no be lie na wink
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
Brilliant!!

I love this man.. I will actualy cast my vote for this man.. Its impossible for you to be in a position of power and influence, surrounded by money and not take some for yourself.. However, dont loot it!!

1 Like

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by miky(m): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
Okija_juju: Brilliant!!

I love this man.. I will actualy cast my vote for this man.. Its impossible for you to be in a position of power and influence, surrounded by money and not take some for yourself.. However, dont loot it!!

lol when ur signature commands hundreds of billions of dollars, and u give contracts worth millions.. what is a steal??
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by trigar12(m): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yea, i don't really hate LOOTING but at least do some projects and loot with fear. But in nigeria they steal and they don't care what happens. S.M.H
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by greaterlove(m): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
4 Play: All corruption is bad but there is a distinction between, for instance, the corrupt South Korean junta that transformed South Korea and the corrupt Nigerian ruling class. The former stole a ''little' but still developed their country whilst the latter stole with reckless abandon and failed to develop their country.
I don't agree with the minister, its because our politicians are looters that is why we are all praying for them to put their heart to work and steal small, but we are paying them to put their heart to work in the first place.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
If we are to follow this man's ideology in nigeria, the problem will be what exactly depicts little in Nigerian economic stealing? Bankole looted 40billion and he sees it as a little. In Nigeria, a "little" can run into billions and trillions, which of course could be hidden under once cap or pant. Ask farouk, sorry facrook and co
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by alaoeri: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
Democracy is a system of government that's provide room for embezzlement its only take the grace of God for u not τ̲̅ȍ be involve in the act, but the issue of nigeria system is over greediness in which ppl tend τ̲̅ȍ embezzled for their generations yet unborn. Inflating figures in which miscellaneous alone is enough for them yet they 'll still steal 2/3 of the contract fund tell me how the contract 'll be executed.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by kensandrea: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
[size=20pt]GEJ DONT THINK THE MAN SUPPORT YOUR GOVERNMENT[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by ochiaha1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
grin The level of absurdity is something else !

Imagine the Minister advising Politicians to steal a little, but not so much so as not to become banditsgrin

A Small thief and a large one are both Bandits in the true sense of the word.

The above incident reminds me of the term, 'Tapping' which was being used in Secondary school to define the unathourised keeping of another clasmate's book or writting Pen which actually was outright stealing.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by uceee(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
U go fear advice now.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Chanchit: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
If Nigeria could only follow this man's theory, Nigeria would be a better place...
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by DExplorer1: 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
This man is damn blunt. Steal but don't loot! The money is too much to be left alone grin politicians does that even those that are really working.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Elueme: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
A candid advise from a leader who is in tune with reality... Corruption should be defined in context with custom and ways of a people.. The PM knew it has eating deep into the fabrics of his or her people why offering palliatives hoping to change the MSG after a while.. U can't just stop a corrupt society over night cos the problem is psychic.. why in mental health you can't stop a drug addict abruptly,it ll fail..rather you advise on a gradual reduction of quantity and frequency while you continue on educating the patients of the danger of what they are doing... Simple psychotherapy.. Exactly what the PM is adopting.. Only the ignorant ones will out rightly CRITICISE her

4 Likes

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Basic(m): 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
In Nigeria, it's the other way round. Someone must have told our avaricious politicians to "Loot, don't steal little!"

1 Like

Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by alluson(m): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
It is written, thy shall not take what does not belongs to you
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by dino2006(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Can u imagine. U can tief, but don't rob...wetin person ear no go hear sef frm ds politievcians
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Onyenna(m): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
4 Play: All corruption is bad but there is a distinction between, for instance, the corrupt South Korean junta that transformed South Korea and the corrupt Nigerian ruling class. The former stole a ''little' but still developed their country whilst the latter stole with reckless abandon and failed to develop their country.

Thanks a lot...that's exactly what he meant.... If our leaders were stealing little but developing our nation, we won't be in this mess(though stealing is stealing shaa oooh).... Our leaders were born in the 1940's, 50's... they all witnessed the era when nigeria was heading in the right direction... How the fu-ck did they become this corrupt(greedy)!? What went wrong?.... They'll tell us that youths of nowadays wanna make money fast but look @ them looting and looting without satisfaction...transferring the whole loot abroad....is it that they were not properly educated or what!!
For me, they are more corrupt than our generation....jokes aside....... Ka Chineke mezie okwu.....
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Revolva(m): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hey mr indian over here the reverse is da case- looth a little but don't steal ooo
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by sirp2007: 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
l have problem with this callous advise,& that is WHAT IS HIS DEFINATION OF ''a little''.That word is a relative word.
My take is that d minister is Indirectly encouraging stealing.
9ja politician will soon quote this.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by Lordave: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
That one na rubbish. LOOTING all the way.
Re: Indian Minister To Politicians: Steal A Little, But Don't Loot by gbadexy(m): 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
The man said the truth na, they too are a third world country and the man is saying what we say here in nigeria that everybody steals, but they should work and don't steal too much.
Those people have multiple religion and tribe like nigeria and hence have corruption and religious intolerance too, what I wonder is how they are able to attain high technological height that nigeria also with high population, albeit lower than there's and similar condition is redundant.
We have the brain to really develop and manufacture many things going by the various exhibition of inventions, but I don't know why our government don't encourage this people and private companies patronise them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eyptian President. Issues Decree Giving Him Absolute Power / The Original Chinese Don't Exist Anymore. / Russia Invades Georgia - Guardian UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.