Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

4 Reasons Why Manchester City Might Retain The English Premier League Title - - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 4 Reasons Why Manchester City Might Retain The English Premier League Title - (936 Views)

Barcelona Win La Liga Title (fourth League Title In Five Years) / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Latest Footballnews:english Premier League Results For Matches Played Yesterday: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Manchester City Might Retain The English Premier League Title - by EssienEmmanuel(m): 1:36am On Aug 14, 2012
Manchester City continued off from where they stopped last season; beating all before them in grand style before wining the league in the most unbelievable fashion in football history.
However, this time London Club Chelsea "the blues" were the scape goats and Manchester City really took time off to teach them a footballing lesson. Yes, I know the term "footballing lesson" won't go down well with some of you considering the 3-2 scores of the match but if you really had time to see that match, you will understand that City are the team to beat this start of the new season and if other clubs are not careful, they will get seriously whipped by this title hungry team.

I asked the same question on my website's facebook fanpage http://www.facebook.com/itisagoal some days back and the response I got was so overwhelming. Many tipped Manchester United to win the title, some tipped Chelsea; others Liverpool (some even chose Arsenal!!! Can you imagine?) No offense to the gunners fans but I think this is just not your season yet, maybe another time.

While the debate still continues (you can rush over there and also share your thoughts) I want to give and try to convince you BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT why I think Manchester City will retain their English Premier League title this season.

1). PROVE TO THE WORLD THEY ARE REAL CHAMPIONS
The first thing on the mind of all City players, manager and coaching staffs right now is to prove to the world that their winning the EPL wasn't a fluke.
City will want to prove to the world that they are really worthy winners and that their winning it last season was not based on luck. It was the continuous hard-work, persistence, self belief, and the never-say-die attitude they had in them.

They will want to prove to everyone out there especially their Neighbors Manchester United that there has been an shift in power and they have really come to stay.
Those of you who have achieved success over the years will know what I am talking about ( you know that feeling when you need to prove yourself to people that you are not a failure). Well that's what will push city on.

2). SILENT TRANSFER MARKET ACTIVITY
While this is supposed to be a let down for all City fans and to the club, it will really work to their advantage.
Did you hear me right? Of course you did!!!

Remember the successful Barcelona team of today? How did they achieve all their recent successes? They added little players to their squad and instead allowed the team grow in understanding and made them blend together as a team.
Lionel Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Fabregas but to mention a few have been playing together for the past 4 years with the latter joining just two seasons ago. The end result? Well I don't think I need to remind you of all the trophies they have accumulated for themselves in the past years.

If Manchester City are treading on that part, then the sky is just their starting point. Leaving the likes of Aguero, Yaya Toure, Silva, Carlos Tevez, Milner and co to play together for years and also adding very few players to their midst will prove very advantageous in the nearest future; they will blend together as a team and will achieve unimaginable success.

3). PASSION TO WIN
Was I the only one that saw the F.A Community Shield Match between Chelsea and Manchester City?
Was I the only one that could see the hunger and passion to succeed written all over the faces of those city players?
Was I the only one that was so surprised seeing them play a Charity Fund Raiser Match like a League Cup Final?
Was I the only one that saw them Celebrate each goal as though they had won a lottery?

If you watched that match with me, then you'll agree with me that this City guys are really in for a good ride this season.
You do not put in that kind of performance and get nothing in return unless you are under a spell.

4). DISCIPLINE
When you talk of discipline, you talk of Jose Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson, Roberto Mancini.. to mention a few of them.
These Club Managers do not care whether or you have the best footballing skills in life or whether you can score a thousand goals in a game, ONCE you have an attitude problem, then you know you will rot on the bench.

What would make Roberto Mancini bench a player like Mario Ballotelli when he knows the input that guy brings to the team or turn deaf ears to Carlos Tevez goal scoring feats for City and still go ahead with his decision of leaving him out of the squad for a while when he refused to warm up and go in as a substitute during that UEFA Champions League match against Bayer Munich? DISCIPLINE!!

When you have a coach or manager like this as a player, you know you can't afford to make unnecessary mistakes and will have to pocket in your ego.
Well if you do not know what I am talking about, then go ask Mario Ballotelli how he managed to land himself on City's Substitute bench.

Ask top coaches out there what it means to bench your top/best players for an offence they committed and they'll tell you what they faced from the fans, the board and the media in general.

Was it not our very own Samson Siasia that tried doing it when he used Aiyenugba instead of Enyeama in a Nations Cup crucial qualifying match? (he was disciplining Enyeama for something he did wrong but his actions misfired as the same Aiyenugba caused lots of havoc for Nigerians that day leading to the sack of Samson Siasia).

When there is no discipline in a place, people behave like retarded animals... the solution?
DISCIPLINE THE LIFE OUTTA THEM JAARE. angry

WHO AGREES WITH ME ON THIS?

Source: http://www.itisagoal.com

Re: 4 Reasons Why Manchester City Might Retain The English Premier League Title - by wissezy: 2:30am On Aug 14, 2012
MAN U 4LIFE!!! Season jst dey start, wait and see my team in action.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Manchester City Might Retain The English Premier League Title - by EssienEmmanuel(m): 3:09am On Aug 14, 2012
The only thing I like about Manchester United this season, is their away Jersey. grin

(1) (Reply)

Frank Ribery And Benzema On Trial For Sex With Underage Girl. / At Last: Chelsea Launch £16m Mikel Claim / Mourinho’s Africa United Beat The Spanish League 3-2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.