Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,159 members, 7,864,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] (8000 Views)

Who's This Guy Called Tillaman / Re: Am Really Confuse About This Guy Called Flame African Man / The Guy Called Timaya Na Bomb Ooooooooooooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by dipo2much(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2008
tosinadeda:

no comments dipo before i get abusive and start throwing insults like u and that girl have decided to do, just because i dnt like MI

Homey,no vex. But Can you quote me where I insulted you? I cant remember.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by tosinadeda: 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2008
sebi na u post am
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by dipo2much(m): 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2008
Wetin I post? I no yab u.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by tosinadeda: 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2008
lipsrsealed undecided embarassed forget
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by Bestboy(f): 2:23am On Jan 19, 2008
You have a right to not like MI; after all, its a free world and you are entitled to your opinion and taste in music, if we all had the same then life would be boring.

This is the thing though: You can say MI's music is soft but you need to listen to his lyrics. Yes he has Ameircan influence, but his core influence is from his first love and that is Naija. 1) His style is timeless and manages to cover a range of topics as well as attract a range of music lovers (the clubbing types, the chilling types, the romantic types; name it and his music can reach you if you let it). 2) He does bring in the influence of classic Nigerian artists such as Fela especially because he is not afraid to speak his mind politically but he also has some very Fela-ish beats on his tracks. 3) Comparing him to Kanye is not that great, I say that because Kanye's music has shifted to be more commercial rather than being well rounded. And don't get me wrong, I like Kanye, but! he's not the best comparison for MI.

MI's music follows the heart of Talib Kweli, the soul of Lauryn Hill and the spirit of Fela. All I am saying is listen, really listen to the words, to the beat and then maybe you can open your mind to him.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by tosinadeda: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2008
might give him a try
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by Bestboy(f): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2008
smiley thank you!
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by IknowtheMI(f): 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2008
for anyone wanting to become a fan, check him out also at this facebook website

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MI-/9122192130

i think you can see it without being a facebook member.

most of his music on the web is also unfinished, they are just teaser pieces still being tweeked and worked on. his album should drop soon though, so expect even better than what you hear!

BESTBOY: glad you could convince tosin, you know me (cuz i know you do and i know you, ) i get a little sensitive over any bad things said. :-)
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by tosinadeda: 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2008
nobody convinced me o grin
i av his hit single on m laptop and biliv me i stil dnt like it
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by tundewoods(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2008
MI's kind of music and lyrics is for the matured mind.Even my Wife and Mother In Law both love his delivery and they both are not rap fans.

Trust me his full album will be hit.
The Standing Ovation he got for his performance at the recently hel Future Awards is a testimony that he's true MC to watch out for.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by IknowtheMI(f): 10:05pm On Jan 19, 2008
AMEN TUNDE, thank you! My family loves his music too and they are all white canadians, go figure!

Tosin, you may nt be convinced that you like it, but at least you were convinced to GIVE it a try, i DO hope you open your mind to his music.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by edgecution(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2008
Na wa o, i started this thread to get info about this Unique MC, not to start another world war. I just felt that i have not really been seeing enough of the guy on TV and Prints,The Guy is good and i dont know why the likes tosinadeda and bolajibaok the two that i know thru their various contributions on this forum are well versed in music to say MI is not good enough, thats just too hard, sauce kid is good,infact he is one of my fav. nigel benn too is good, od is awesome too,but MI is different. I know the guy will soon blow up.

@ IKNOWTHEMI
SHHHhhhh, i am NOT nigerian, nor do i LIVE in nigeria (yet) i am a born and raised Canadian and yes, despite what you think, i am FULL female! haha, man, thanks, that made me laugh!!!
Pls how come you and MI were school mates,i thot the guy is based in Jos OR FCT[ cant really say ] Are u white or black? JUST curious. wink wink wink
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by IknowtheMI(f): 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2008
edgecution:

yes i said i knew him before music, what i mean was before he began to do his music as a serious thing for a career. saying that as well, i am WHITE, and yes he is based in jos and went to school there BUT he did leave Naija and come to the US for college, that is how i met him and know him. see, you learn something new everyday!
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by edgecution(m): 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2008
@ IknowTHEMI

Thanks for the info.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by elbulk(m): 9:20am On Mar 17, 2008
hey guys MI just won an award on saturday for best HIP HOP SINGLE @ the HIP HOP AWARDS so for y'all dat dont feel himm na una know, dis guy has been my man from nursery school back in jos, wish him the best in his career, watch out for him guys cos ,
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by Bamsyle(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2008
Methinks people should be objective in the way they project their views on a forum like this. Someone says he doesn't like a song, and then he gets a barrage of insults and abuses for that! It's wrong - let people be free to air their opinions without drawing criticisms. The purpose of having the media air your song is to have the people listen and decide whether they like it or not.

IKNOWTHEMI, the way you're going about this whole thing, the average observer can't help but conclude you're MI. You don't win a person's acceptance or favour by throwing abuses. You can't force anyone to like what he/she does not like!

TOSINADEDA, kudos for being really mature in your responses despite the abuses.

As for me, I've been listening to MI's music for some time and I think he's just ok, period,

I won't say more than that.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by dachoji(m): 2:59am On May 11, 2008
it's so sad that people are jobless enough to be arguing back and forth about a young tallented artist that is rising on his way to the top. it's clear to see that MI is destined for greatness if you listen to the lyrics of his tracks.
it's just a matter of time, but the is no need for any comparism with any one else.
i've been a friend and fan of MI for over 20 years. yes! 20 years. he and his brother used to tie polyethene bags to big tins and use as drums. music has been a part of them for years. it's small wonder that both MI and jesse jags- Jude and Jesse Abaga are into music now.
Born and bred in Jos, Nigeria. the Abaga boys are Jukun by tribe from Taraba state. MI is the first of the three boys the last being Jasson. all went through Baptist High School Jos, MI studied in Calvin College in the US before returning to jos & Jesse a then Law student with the University of Jos.
my favourite his tracks is blaze, not only because he did it with his brother but cos it is an instant classic.
accept it or not, the guy is good
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by dready(f): 4:07pm On May 11, 2008
M-I is BAD
I can't wait to have his debut album.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 11, 2008
He has nu joints like, WAR and BLAZE.
He's hot and was on HNIC's show last weekend.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by baslone: 5:29pm On May 11, 2008
Sauce is one of one my favourites naija artiste but men,
M.I is dope as well,much better than all these over hyped rappers
being force into our eardrums by the media.

His style is just laid back like the era of G-Funk.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by edgecution(m): 10:05pm On May 11, 2008
iknowthemi did not insult anybody. i think she is ok in her resposes. But mi is good ooo.
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2008
IknowtheMI:
This msg is for you. Shout out to M.I. , Jesse Jags, Ice Prince, Ruby, Lindsy & Of course Racheal. I see y'all working hard
Keep bringing out that "Good Music". J-Town stand up.
BTW I just heard the new track Long Ting i play it like everyday to work, dont ask me how
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by namdee(m): 7:18am On Aug 11, 2008
whateva they say,if he is going to rise then he is going to rise, BIG UP Mi
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by tosinadeda: 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
ok now i like the track blaise!!!! its hot
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by bjpumpin(f): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2008
who is he, he is hottttttttt
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by SexyNerd1: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2008
check out strictlynaijamusic..com
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by namdee(m): 9:27am On Aug 31, 2008
If you are ajebutter like me let me hear you say cucko duldu
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by namdee(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2008
Yes he must talk,he mus flow,he must speak,he must crow, EMMMEYE
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by tosinadeda: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2008
Roll it
light it
puff it
pass it
MI its a classic
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by simonseez: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2008
Really funny how we cant all just have a decent discusion, dont think its about knowing MI or not,

M.I is good, sorry really good no doubt about that, so also is his brother jessy jags and ice prince, they are really lyrical and keep it clean too, i know whay i am saying cos i've got about 10 MI songs on my laptop, songs like blaze, the one feat ginee, cuckadoo song(chicken song), crowd mentality, war etc, this songs are really good.

have u guys heard Africa by Ice Prince or Sugar Cane Baby by jessy jags, i can post the songs thou cos i'm not sure MI would like it,

MI album would be out soon or i think its out already, i heard a major telcomms firm is backin it,

till the M.I is the next best thing, I wish he was on STORM, mayb he would have more publicity
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by edosioo(f): 4:32am On Sep 02, 2008
ffuck you simon ,
if u want to post mi songs post it , if not hut the Bleep up, how do we feel him when we can't even hear him, thats what kills nigerian songs . because some idiots refuse to upload for others to listen.simon cress if u don't upload mi songs you have killed his music and talent. his cds are not in edo, or ben .how do i appreciate an artist i dont hear onlinefool
Re: Where Is This Guy Called Mi [ Crowd Mentality] by baslone: 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
Go buy the CD! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kelly Hansome Vs M.i :::: Who Takes Round Two / Naija Music Videos Download Zone / Is Fela Really A Nigerian Icon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.