Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,163 members, 7,845,824 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Lets Talk About The Olympics... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Talk About The Olympics... (456 Views)

Why Black Sprinters Dominate The Olympics! They're From West Africa / British PM Takes Public Transport To Olympics: Can Our Leaders Try This? (Pic) / Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lets Talk About The Olympics... by gree212: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
So, the Olympics in London is finally over and definitely medals were won. Unfortunately my beloved country which prides itself as the most populous black nation in the world could not produce a bronze not to talk less of silver. I was watching BBC few days ago and the BBC correspondent, Zainab Badawi was interviewing a sport reporter from Nigeria and in her words " well, the Olympics is almost coming to an end and we have seen that Nigeria hasn't won any medal even as the most populous country in Africa......." and for a moment I just blinked, in my mind I was like "shwu this woman don insult Nigeria naw naw naw oo" but on the other hand it was just a plain fact, out of 140million citizens, Nigeria could not produce one person to win a Bronze, and mind you, I said bronze, I didn't mention silver nor Gold, that one would have been absolutely impossible.

Ya, I understand that it's not just Nigeria that came home without a medal, countries like Ghana didn't even smell the field not to talk more of winning charcoal, but come to think of it Ghanian population is not even half that of Nigeria. The question now is, what went wrong? what is our excuse? must we carry last in everything? Must we always come first fifth in world records of corruption? must we always be number one in the bad things? what the hell is the sport minister/department doing in Nigeria? *shaking my head*
via http://giftemezu..it/2012/08/lets-talk-about-olympics.html

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Read Political News In Nigeria? / Sambo’s Aide, Kachalla, Schemes To Take Over Power Privatisation / U.S.$620,000 Subsidy Bribe - Farouk Returns From Saudi-arabia, Reports To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.