Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,710 members, 7,840,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Police Return 100,000 Pounds To Owner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Return 100,000 Pounds To Owner (945 Views)

Nigeria Police Return To Gwoza MOPOL Training Camp, Hoist Flag / @nigerianewsdesk: Nigeria Police Return To Gwoza MOPOL Training Camp,hoist Flag / A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Return 100,000 Pounds To Owner by Truequest(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2007
The Imo Police Command yesterday returned a wallet containing cash and valuables estimated at 100,000 pounds sterling (about N24.2 million) to one Chika Olejeme.

Olejeme had lost the items at Egbeada, near Owerri.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the contents of the wallet included a visa and Master credit cards.

Olejeme, who returned from his base in London, had disembarked from a vehicle conveying him to the village to ease himself.

Unknown to Olejeme, who came home for the funeral rites of one his relations,

his wallet containing the said amount and items had dropped from his pocket.

It was later picked up by a police patrol team.

The command’s spokesman, ASP Linus Nwaiwu, told NAN that Olejeme returned to the spot the following day to look for his missing wallet.

He said the same patrol team that picked up the wallet was also on duty when he came looking for the wallet.

Nwaiwu said that when the team saw him, it suspected he was the owner of the wallet recovered the previous night.

Consequently, the team invited Olejeme and found that he was the rightful owner of the wallet.

He was invited to the command headquarters and the wallet given to him.

‘’We want the public to know that in times of distress their closest friends are the police; they should have confidence in us,’’ Nwaiwu said Reacting, Olejeme commended the police for the gesture, saying that it had restored his confidence in the force.

‘’Two thousand pounds cash, credit card, Master card and other valuables all recovered intact! This has shown that many good things can come from the police,’’ he said.

Also reacting, Olejeme’s friend, Enge Kamil, a Namibian, said her negative impression of Nigeria had changed due to the action of the policemen.

Kamil said: ‘’I want this to go into the Guinness Book of Records because it is rare to see something like this happen.’

Men believe me I think better days are here two days ago it was IBB today it is the Police
Re: Police Return 100,000 Pounds To Owner by RichyBlacK(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2007
Wow! I'm very impressed by the story.

Nigeria, better days are ahead!
Re: Police Return 100,000 Pounds To Owner by ono(m): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2007
I tot I read 2000 pounds cash Is it the value of the Master and Credit Cards that made up the remaining 80,000 pounds? That wallet must be so big to contain valuables worth that much.

But, anyway, their act was a rare one and its commendable.
Re: Police Return 100,000 Pounds To Owner by Truequest(m): 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2007
I tot I read 2000 pounds cash Is it the value of the Master and Credit Cards that made up the remaining 80,000 pounds? That wallet must be so big to contain valuables worth that much.

Even if it is 200pounds dear they deserve a lot of praise. 2000 pounds is about 500,000 naira, One can only hope they keep it up!
Re: Police Return 100,000 Pounds To Owner by naijaway(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2007
Nice one and very intresting. It needs to be commended. Hopefully, one day citizens can run from a scene to the police without fear. Thank God.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:andy Uba Loses Yet Again At The Court Of Appeal / Gov. Daniel Must Apologize For Misrule Says Group / Militants Takes Over Ebonyi State As Business And Movement Are Put On Hold!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.